Pathfinder Level conversion?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Darksyde
Pathfinder Level conversion?

Post by Darksyde » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 pm

I am slowly reading back up on the GM book for 3rd Ed and one of the suggestions is converting adventures which got me thinking about Pathfinder Adventure paths. I know there was a pathfinder book made a time back and was wondering if there were any level conversions out there. So if I were to adapt an adventure path book for level 1-5 lets say, what circle and/or total amount of legends points would that work out to be do you figure? Just wondering if anything along those lines had been written up or discussed in the past. Thanks!

Telarus

Re: Pathfinder Level conversion?

Post by Telarus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:27 am

I have converted old-school D&D material to Earthdawn 3/4e. I took the BECMI scale of levels 1-30 as the base, and covered it so that 2 levels = 1 circle (as ED ranges from circle 1-15). This makes "Name Level" either Circle 4 or Circle 5 for Earthdawn characters.

Pathfinder is similarly capped at level 20 (+10 "epic tier" levels). So I would just divide levels in half to get the Circle of each character.

As for treasure, simply change from a Gold standard to a Silver standard (if the adventure has some loot that is 10 Gp and 200 Sp, it becomes 10 Sp & 200 Cp, etc).
Last edited by Telarus on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksyde

Re: Pathfinder Level conversion?

Post by Darksyde » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for the tips!