Information on Landis, updates on Cara Fahd

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Lars Gottlieb
Information on Landis, updates on Cara Fahd

Post by Lars Gottlieb » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am

Hi guys.
After some years out of the loop, I'll be starting a new campaign in a month or so.

My players will be starting in or near Kerup and/or Basstown in Cara Fahd. They will be Unjorts, on the lookout for a place for unjort refugees from Cara Fahd major to live, probably in the nothern part of what used to be Landis.

I already own the 1ed Cara Fahd book - the Kerup / Basstown area seems like a bomb just waiting for the smallest spark to go off from the description there. Is there any official update on the state of that place after the fall of Sky Point? How much was updated in the 3ed book? Was there a battle? Did they get razed to the ground, or are they still packed full of hateful Unjort?

Also, the details on the Landis area are very brief; is there an expanded description somewhere, or are the brief sections in the What Has Come Before sections all there is?

I am mainly looking for official material, but if there's a good fan source out there, I'll be happy to read it (o:

Lys

Re: Information on Landis, updates on Cara Fahd

Post by Lys » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:20 am

The 3rd Edition book is set in TH 1510, after the landing of the Triumph, but before the Fall of Sky Point. Which i believe is roughly the same time that the 1st Edition Cara Fahd book is set. Having perused both there doesn't appear to be much difference, though the the ED3 one is prettier. There's a few extra things, but nothing of particular import. Also the mechanical aspects a bit cleaner and better. That's about it, really. If you want to stick to official material, you may want to set your game before the Second Theran War rather than after it, as there's more stuff out for that time period.

Lars Gottlieb

Post by Lars Gottlieb » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:47 am

Alright, thanks for the comparison, Lys (o:

I may have to wing something, unless Josh feels like chiming in.

Lars Gottlieb

Post by Lars Gottlieb » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

This is what I came up with:

Just months before the Battle of Sky Point, Krathis Gron realized she had a real danger to her budding realm festering in Basstown and Kerup, and decided to bring her foot down.

Hrath Bellows, one of her warlords, was given title of governor of the area, and the task of bringing the problem to a screeching halt, like Now, and six thousand scourgers to make it happen. The most easily identifiable leaders of the budding resistance who didn't flee, Star Ilfehena most prominently among them, were arrested and 'exported' to Throal as part of the agreement to bring troops to Sky Point, and the leaders of the surrounding scorcher tribes were met and either bought off or defeated in duels.

In the time since, an uneasy, fragile peace has settled. In the two towns, a patrol is never far away, and scrubbing racist propaganda from both sides off the walls is a well paid and very prosperous occupation for the younglings. Despite this, the area is generally prospering; both towns have grown and spilled outside their walls, and numerous little villages of unjorts have sprung up in the area between them.