A couple of game mechanics Q

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Michael
A couple of game mechanics Q

Post by Michael » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Deadfall Talent states a character observing the effect is entitled to a Sensing test but doesn't give a TN, or what level spell the talent is on the table p266. Are we supposed to use the Step total as a TN?
Right in the description, not sure why I didn't see it.
the adept makes a Dead Fall test to determine the Difficulty Number to see through the illusion
Horror Karma Step: I was looking at a an entry for a horror and it lists Karma as 4 (16). Does that mean Step 4 with 16 karma points?

Has anyone used the new Corruption points system from the GM guide in a campaign? My players are running into their first horror and was wondering how well the system works.

thanks
Last edited by Michael on Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bonhumm

Re: A couple of game mechanics Q

Post by Bonhumm » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Sensing test is a mechanic related to everything related to 'illusions' (both spells and talents). The whole details of how it works would be from page 266 onward.

Anunnaki

Re: A couple of game mechanics Q

Post by Anunnaki » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Hiya,

Dispel Difficulty for talents is based on Rank (see p.265 in the ED4 PG). Sensing Difficulty (p.266) is basically "Dispel Difficulty+5." So if the adept's Deadfall Rank is 5, it would have a Sensing Difficulty of 20 (Dispel Difficulty 15 for Rank 5 talent + 5 = 20)

Horror Karma is Step 4 with 16 points (see p.465 ED4 GG -- the Karma Pool is 2 or 4 times the Karma Step ... in this case, Step 4 x 4 = 16 Karma Points).

Corruption, can't help sorry. I don't GM or play ED4.

Hope this helps!

Take kaer, James