Elementalist

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Jaracove
Elementalist

Post by Jaracove » Sun May 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Any reason the Elementalist (page 96) doesn't have Charisma listed (along with Perception and Willpower) as a favoured attribute whilst the other three spellcasters do?

Mataxes

Re: Elementalist

Post by Mataxes » Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Not that I can recall at this point?

I remember at one point going through the list of talents each Discipline had available, and what Attributes they were based on. That might have played a role.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Sun May 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Mataxes wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 pm
Not that I can recall at this point?

I remember at one point going through the list of talents each Discipline had available, and what Attributes they were based on. That might have played a role.
If they converse with otherworldly entities I assumed they would have. That's 'if' they actually converse with them; been a long time since I played ED

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sun May 28, 2017 5:49 pm

That would make sense... but I couldn't quickly find any notes I kept from that stage of the process, and don't really want to either go digging deeper to find them, or take the time to reconstruct it.

(There's a spreadsheet on Google that lists the talents available to each of the 15 core Disciplines, if anybody wants to do the work.)
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Dyrmagnos

Post by Dyrmagnos » Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 pm

You don't need charisma anymore -for elemental tongues you are using perception now and this talent is generally everything you need to bargain with elemental spirits.

Elementalist has no other talents that are using charisma as key attribute.