Group Pattern

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
FrozenVomit
Group Pattern

Post by FrozenVomit » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Can we find information about group pattern in the 1st Edition Books, or was this created for the 4th?

Anunnaki

Re: Group Pattern

Post by Anunnaki » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Hiya,
FrozenVomit wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:46 pm
Can we find information about group pattern in the 1st Edition Books, or was this created for the 4th?
Absolutely you can find that information. It's in the ED1 Earthdawn Companion, p.52 "Group True Pattens and Thread Magic." (ED4 Player's Guide, p.233. And in other editions, et al.)

Take kaer, James

FrozenVomit

Post by FrozenVomit » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:38 pm

Great! You guys must have "read and write" language at maximum or you are using "book recall". Well played anyway :D

Anunnaki

Post by Anunnaki » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:36 am

FrozenVomit wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:38 pm
Great! You guys must have "read and write" language at maximum or you are using "book recall". Well played anyway :D
Not so much. When I did all the pre-work for creating RedBrick's publications, I (literally) cut up an entire set of ED1 and ED2 books to OCR the content, edit it all against the originals, and scan/overscan all the images, so that we had editable text/images for Earthdawn Classic (and later, ED3) and also to get the back catalog into PDF format. After doing all that, on top of GMing Earthdawn since it first came out, I kinda know my way around the materials ... through to ED3 anyways. That's the dirty secret. ;)

ED4 I leave to Josh and Panda. That's their baby. :D (Unless it's an easy question and I can add it to the answer.)

Anyways, glad it helped!

Take kaer, James