Bone Circle / Bone Spirit - Aid Summoner

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
ChrisDDickey

Re: Bone Circle / Bone Spirit - Aid Summoner

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 am

Lamoron wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am
If I've got three circles, and thus three spirits, can I take three strain and get all their bonus' at the same time?
I would say 'no' for two reasons.
One is that I thought it was agreed that the the spirit can only Aid you while you are in it's circle. So assuming you don't have three overlapping circles (which I would think the bone spirits would object to and fight among themselves), then you can only be in at most one bone circle at a time.

The other is that with identical bonuses and penalties usually only the greatest apples. So if you have an Aid Summoner and an Inspire Other, both apply. But if you have two entities aiding you, or two Troubadours Inspiring you, only the one who provides the greatest bonus actually aids you. If you have two bone spirits and two troubadours, only the one most successful of each.

Lamoron

Post by Lamoron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:36 pm

ChrisDDickey wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 am
Lamoron wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am
If I've got three circles, and thus three spirits, can I take three strain and get all their bonus' at the same time?
I would say 'no' for two reasons.
One is that I thought it was agreed that the the spirit can only Aid you while you are in it's circle. So assuming you don't have three overlapping circles (which I would think the bone spirits would object to and fight among themselves), then you can only be in at most one bone circle at a time.

The other is that with identical bonuses and penalties usually only the greatest apples. So if you have an Aid Summoner and an Inspire Other, both apply. But if you have two entities aiding you, or two Troubadours Inspiring you, only the one who provides the greatest bonus actually aids you. If you have two bone spirits and two troubadours, only the one most successful of each.
That's what I thought, but the three overlapping circles did look nice in my head 🙂

lanir

Post by lanir » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am

Now I want to see the Venn diagram of bony aid...