MD: 9
MA: 3
SD: 8

Movement: 12
Carrying Capacity: 60
Wound Threshold: 9
Recovery tests per day: 3

[Discipline] Talents
First Circle Discipline Talent: Wood Skin (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Spellcasting (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Patterncraft (1)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Elementalism (1)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Awareness (-)
First Circle Talent Option: - (-)

Free Talent: Spell Matrix (1)
Free Talent: 2nd Spell Matrix (1)

Other Talents
Racial Talent: Versatility (0)

Talent Knacks
-
Spells
Air Armor
Crunch Climb
Earth Darts
Heat Food
Purify Water
Shelter
Waterproof

Skills
Knowledge Skill: Plays and Legends of Antiquity (1)
(He knows the theatrical narrative versions of Legends and Heroes--think Theran Shakespeare--from puppet shows his father put on for him in his childhood [and which he later reread of course, he doesn't have eidetic memory])
Knowledge Skill: Comparative Law (1)
(he read up a lot on Throalic and alternative law systems to try to understand if there was a better way for everyone to coexist and prevent what happened to his father)
Read/Write Language: 1 Throalic
Speak Language: 2 Throalic and Human
Artisan Skill: Puppetry (1)
General Skill: Diplomacy (3)
General Skill: Animal Bond (2)
General Skill: Graceful Exit (3)

Equipment:
Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Artisan Tools (a pound of tools specifically for puppetcraft; making marionettes and stage scenery etc)
Dagger
Grimoire (ideally my late father's if that can be accommodated...for no game mechanical reason, just flavor)
Traveler’s Garb (soft boots, shirt, belt, robe or breeches, traveler’s cloak)
Trail Rations (1 week)
(starting gear subtotal weight 27 cost 0)
Footman's Shield (weight 10 cost 15)
Padded Leather (weight 20 cost 20)
(Pack) "Riding" Goat (also edible) named Broojh with 15 days feed and tack and harness (weight na/self-propelled total cost 11.5)
Torch (weight 1 cost 0.5)
5 yards rope (weight 5 cost 15)
Grappling hook (weight 5 cost 10)
Extra week of rations (weight 8 cost 10)
14.6 silver left over for sundries. 76 weight (encumbered) if trying to carry everything (except Broojh) himself including rations. With no rations (or goat) he's unencumbered and Broojh usually carries much more than that.
Threads Tied:
Animal Companions:
soon!
Brief Backstory:
[tl;dr dad killed so seeking to create understanding/compassion, justice and balance for Namegivers and maintain balance in the elements of the world itself]

Like, how brief? There's a lot to be said. I could tell you I'm an Elementalist; and, that's true. You'd probably think you had a pretty decent grasp of the story at that point; and, that's not. No matter how much I tell you, you can never really understand everything. And that's sort of the point.

My father loved me. He loved my mother. He loved the people he served as sexton. He loved the study of the mysteries of his discipline and of histories and legends and of the plays he would perform for me with his puppets. And they killed him... brutally slaughtered him. Right before my eyes. It's hard to believe that the mob could have defeated an adept of his caliber but maybe their numbers were too great. Maybe the shock was. Maybe he let them rather than hurt them or rather than continue on in a world that would do this. Later, some would insist his death was justice, swearing he'd been a horror tainted villain. Others swore that, though he might have been innocent, the mob wasn't responsible because they had been the ones manipulated by horrors. Wasn't something a child could know. Wasn't something virtually anyone could know.

Would slaughtering them have avenged him? Many in my situation would have pretended to believe that. What would killing villagers he'd loved do? What would getting the son he'd loved killed do? I wasn't afraid to die, but I wasn't ready to die for something I didn't believe in. I knew I needed to find something I could believe in though.

Luckily the world had opened up and I had everywhere else to go and everything else to learn. I eventually found an Elementalist who agreed to train me. I wanted to find an order to the world and he taught me one. The world needs balance...not only can a world of only Fire not survive, a world of only Wood would fail as well. At the same time a miasma of all elements combined would hardly be better (even though I love orichalcum as much as the next guy) if the whole universe were an indistinguishable slurry thereof. There is a genius and balance to their distribution and the ways they remain independent from each other and yet at other times combine. An Elementalist is an arborist of sorts, not trying to create their own world or force an ideal imagined order from scratch but trimming diseased branches only as much as necessary so the orchard stays healthy. I learned eventually that the hearts of Namegivers were similar. Many different types, mixing at times and others not so much and only very rarely so rotten they must be excised. I knew there must be a way of truth that wasn't about justifying one's self or allies or forswearing all others and their right to do things differently and a form of justice that wasn't just killing or imprisoning those who failed but building a more just compassionate harmonious world where we can all live our truth. And now I knew its name: Mynbruje.

His teachings and my mundane work with the substance of the Great Pattern require me to travel to the five corners of the world and can't stay put in one place too long. And that's the point too.

ottdmk

Re: Rohrickh "Rorrie" Shadrach, Human Elementalist

Post by ottdmk » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:39 am

Sanctioned!
Spoiler:
Seamus wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am
Roll20 Name: Seamus
Discord ID: Seamus
Character Name: Rohrickh "Rorrie" Shadrach
Race: Generic Human

ECR: 1 (0-599 Legend)
Lifetime Legend Total: 0
Unspent Legend: 0
Thread Item Points: 0
Silver: 14.6

Discipline: Elementalist
Circle: 1
Discipline Abilities

Characteristics
Dex: 13
Str: 8
Tou: 13
Per: 16
Wil: 16
Cha: 13

Karma Mod: 5
Karma Step: 4
Karma Max: 5
Uncon: 29
Death: 36

Init: 5 (6 without shield)
PD: 10
PA: 4
MD: 9
MA: 3
SD: 8

Movement: 12
Carrying Capacity: 60
Wound Threshold: 9
Recovery tests per day: 3

[Discipline] Talents
First Circle Discipline Talent: Wood Skin (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Spellcasting (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Patterncraft (1)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Elementalism (1)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Awareness (-)
First Circle Talent Option: - (-)

Free Talent: Spell Matrix (1)
Free Talent: 2nd Spell Matrix (1)

Other Talents
Racial Talent: Versatility (0)

Talent Knacks
-
Spells
Air Armor
Crunch Climb
Earth Darts
Heat Food
Purify Water
Shelter
Waterproof

Skills
Knowledge Skill: Plays and Legends of Antiquity (1)
(He knows the theatrical narrative versions of Legends and Heroes--think Theran Shakespeare--from puppet shows his father put on for him in his childhood [and which he later reread of course, he doesn't have eidetic memory])
Knowledge Skill: Comparative Law (1)
(he read up a lot on Throalic and alternative law systems to try to understand if there was a better way for everyone to coexist and prevent what happened to his father)
Read/Write Language: 1 Throalic
Speak Language: 2 Throalic and Human
Artisan Skill: Puppetry (1)
General Skill: Diplomacy (3)
General Skill: Animal Bond (2)
General Skill: Graceful Exit (3)

Equipment:
Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Artisan Tools (a pound of tools specifically for puppetcraft; making marionettes and stage scenery etc)
Dagger
Grimoire (ideally my late father's if that can be accommodated...for no game mechanical reason, just flavor)
Traveler’s Garb (soft boots, shirt, belt, robe or breeches, traveler’s cloak)
Trail Rations (1 week)
(starting gear subtotal weight 27 cost 0)
Footman's Shield (weight 10 cost 15)
Padded Leather (weight 20 cost 20)
(Pack) "Riding" Goat (also edible) named Broojh with 15 days feed and tack and harness (weight na/self-propelled total cost 11.5)
Torch (weight 1 cost 0.5)
5 yards rope (weight 5 cost 15)
Grappling hook (weight 5 cost 10)
Extra week of rations (weight 8 cost 10)
14.6 silver left over for sundries. 76 weight (encumbered) if trying to carry everything (except Broojh) himself including rations. With no rations (or goat) he's unencumbered and Broojh usually carries much more than that.
Threads Tied:
Animal Companions:
soon!
Brief Backstory:
[tl;dr dad killed so seeking to create understanding/compassion, justice and balance for Namegivers and maintain balance in the elements of the world itself]

Like, how brief? There's a lot to be said. I could tell you I'm an Elementalist; and, that's true. You'd probably think you had a pretty decent grasp of the story at that point; and, that's not. No matter how much I tell you, you can never really understand everything. And that's sort of the point.

My father loved me. He loved my mother. He loved the people he served as sexton. He loved the study of the mysteries of his discipline and of histories and legends and of the plays he would perform for me with his puppets. And they killed him... brutally slaughtered him. Right before my eyes. It's hard to believe that the mob could have defeated an adept of his caliber but maybe their numbers were too great. Maybe the shock was. Maybe he let them rather than hurt them or rather than continue on in a world that would do this. Later, some would insist his death was justice, swearing he'd been a horror tainted villain. Others swore that, though he might have been innocent, the mob wasn't responsible because they had been the ones manipulated by horrors. Wasn't something a child could know. Wasn't something virtually anyone could know.

Would slaughtering them have avenged him? Many in my situation would have pretended to believe that. What would killing villagers he'd loved do? What would getting the son he'd loved killed do? I wasn't afraid to die, but I wasn't ready to die for something I didn't believe in. I knew I needed to find something I could believe in though.

Luckily the world had opened up and I had everywhere else to go and everything else to learn. I eventually found an Elementalist who agreed to train me. I wanted to find an order to the world and he taught me one. The world needs balance...not only can a world of only Fire not survive, a world of only Wood would fail as well. At the same time a miasma of all elements combined would hardly be better (even though I love orichalcum as much as the next guy) if the whole universe were an indistinguishable slurry thereof. There is a genius and balance to their distribution and the ways they remain independent from each other and yet at other times combine. An Elementalist is an arborist of sorts, not trying to create their own world or force an ideal imagined order from scratch but trimming diseased branches only as much as necessary so the orchard stays healthy. I learned eventually that the hearts of Namegivers were similar. Many different types, mixing at times and others not so much and only very rarely so rotten they must be excised. I knew there must be a way of truth that wasn't about justifying one's self or allies or forswearing all others and their right to do things differently and a form of justice that wasn't just killing or imprisoning those who failed but building a more just compassionate harmonious world where we can all live our truth. And now I knew its name: Mynbruje.

His teachings and my mundane work with the substance of the Great Pattern require me to travel to the five corners of the world and can't stay put in one place too long. And that's the point too.