etherial
Re: Daldorer, Obsid Nethermancer

Post by etherial » Wed May 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Code: Select all

Patternwrack
Maximum Threads: 2
Mystic Defense: 12
Legend Point Cost: Journeyman
A single, bold glyph adorns the otherwise plain obsidian amulet. It hangs from the wearer’s neck on
a leather thong affixed to the amulet with wrapped silver wire.
The amulet resizes to the wearer and never pierces their skin when a thread is attached.
Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the amulet’s Name.
Effect: The wearer gains +1 rank to Spellcasting.
Thread Rank Two
Effect: The wearer gains +1 Mystic Armor.
Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the glyph’s meaning.
Effect: The wearer gains the Patternwrack ability if they are casting or weaving threads for an
“astral” or “spirit” spell (this can be in the spell’s name). As a Simple action for 1 Strain, darkness
spills out of the amulet and down the wearer’s arms, forming ghostly glyphs along them. If the
wearer’s next Spellcasting test is successful, the targets suffer a -2 penalty to their Mystic Armor
until the end of the next round. The Spellcasting test does not have to be a spell. None of the
penalties from Patternwrack are from a spell.
Thread Rank Four
Effect: When the wearer uses the Patternwrack ability, the glyphs become more distinct and
prevalent. If the wearer uses the Patternwrack ability, they can also use the Stagger Pattern special
maneuver.
Stagger Pattern (Wearer, Spellcasting): The wearer can spend additional successes on their
Spellcasting test to inflict a -1 penalty per success spent to all Attack and Spellcasting tests until the
end of the next round. This affects all targets of the Spellcasting test.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the Name of the spirit bound to the amulet.
Effect: When the wearer uses the Patternwrack ability, the glyphs and darkness stretch across
their body. The targets also suffer a -2 penalty to Mystic Defense until the end of the next round.
Thread Rank Six
Effect: When the wearer uses the Patternwrack ability, a halo of darkness spreads behind them.
The penalties to Mystic Defense and Mystic Armor are now -3. 

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 am

Morituri te Salutant
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1805

Rewards:
5 TIPs
2000 Legend
113 Silver
Last Chance Salve

Items used:

Are you going to write a Journal?
Spoiler:
Having witnessed the rituals of one Passion, my curiosity is piqued as to the practices of the others. My compatriots from the Masque of Life and Death are traveling with me to aid in a ritual devoted to the Passion Thystonius. I was at first skeptical what a group of Spellcasters could do in a festival devoted to the Passion of Strength and Valor, but, of course, forethought is a form of Strength. With another adventurer they knew, an Archer and fellow Obsidiperson, we formed two teams to compete in a tournament dedicated to Thystonius' glory. Though the fighting was not to be to the death, injury was a strong possibility. With my knowledge of the Physic arts and the Last Chance spell, I was a valuable attendee. Two huge elementals stood guard, ready to mop up the blood.

The first round was three of our number, under the name Trifecta, against a group of aesthetes called the Ravenguard. They had a Nethermancer of their own who faced off against Rose. She supported two frontline combatants, but they were no match for Moe's illusions. The crowd was very impressed by both sides and cheered them on to new heights of greatness.

A trio of Windlings called Flitwing's Revenge had joined the tournament to honor their fallen comrade, a devotee of Thystonius named Flitwing. They faced off against an Ogre who seemed to be somewhat confused about what all was going on, but was all too happy to fight when the time came for it. The Ogre did not curry favor with the audience, and their boos distracted and disheartened it. Outmatched by opponents with superior mobility, the Ogre fell.

Some Dwarves with an affinity for aromatic herbs, calling themselves the High Mountaineers, were next, facing off a group of bloodthirsty killers known only as Rage. Rage swiftly rendered them unconscious.

Three hardy Trolls known as Bonebreakers were pitted against three Elves calling themselves Summerwine. Summerwine used their mobility and cleverness to outmaneuver the Bonebreakers.

Last was us, a group ominously called "the Winners", consisting of Norg, Kain, and myself, against a trio of Dwarves called Phalanx. They had two in the front with heavy shields and a third in the back with a polearm. Clearly, this was to be a match of brains against brawn until the elementals, whether out of boredom, confusion, or malice, interfered. First they placed a wall of thorns between the two groups, forcing Phalanx to go around, then they turned the sand to mud, trapping any who moved where they stood. I impressed the crowd with my Death's Head spell, and their support buoyed us gainst our foes. Our ranged attacks wore them out, and Phalanx was no more.

An interlude now began, in which we rested and recovered while partaking of the buffet lunch. A windling woman circulated through the crowd, exchanging coin for promises, taking wagers on the outcome of the upcoming Grand Melee. We developed suspiciouns about Summerwine and Rage as they did not eat the food, and these suspicions grew when we noticed that Flitwing's Revenge had been incapacitated by dolorous poison. Norg took up their black armband in support of Flitwing, and we vowed to defeat the cheaters.

With now four teams, the Grand Melee quickly devolved into a six-on-six, with the debilitating poison from lunch aided by deadly poison on Summerwine and Rage's blades. They quickly closed to melee before we could take full control of the field, and I went down to a flurry of blows. My compatriots succeeded, however, and we restored honor to the arena.
100 Legend
103.3 Silver

Downtime:
Drinking and Carousing (7 days)
Resist Pain Training (7 days)

Legend Spent:
Raised Frighten to 5 (800)
Raised Resist Pain to 1 (500)
Raised Suppress Curse to 3 (300)
Raised Suppress Curse to 4 (500)

Purchases in the Grand Bazaar:
Resist Pain Training (10)

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 pm

In My Tribe
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1840

Rewards:
3 TIPs
2200 Legend
330 Silver
Creature Lore Training

Items used:

Spoiler:
I have recently become acquainted with the Throalic Society of Historians, an excellent organization in the pursuit of knowledge, which had recently uncovered some evidence of a place of import to the South. Several others, interested in currying favor with the Society, have joined me to explore the area.

A brief visit to the Throalic Land Registry, whose representative seemed quite the Questor of Dis, revealed that there were no known claims in the area we intended to search.

A few days out, we were ambushed by Cockatrices. They make terrible meat, but some attempts were made to harvest their poison glands.

The remainder of the journey to Skyreader Island was uneventful, and as we traveled upriver searching for information, we found a recently built homestead occupied by a gruff Dwarf. The Dwarf had recently reported hearing some wolves, and, despite being clearly uninterested in the presence of other Namegivers, believed we had been sent by the Passions and would be of use to him. We agreed to rid him of his wolf problem in exchange for directions to the ruins. The wolves were easily cowed by my Frighten Spell and Reyis' Shamanism, and we won the day.

Beyond lay an ancient ruin, including a fallen tower. Within the tower were several creatures, tiny flying wisps of light that shouted "Intruder!" and threw spells at us. Desipte our ample supply of Spellcasters, injuring them was quite the feat and we nearly lost the battle until I was able to pop two of them with a pair of well-placed Astral Spears.
110 Legend
93.8 Silver

Downtime:
Creature Lore Training (3 weeks)

Legend Spent:
Raised Creature Lore to 3 (500)
Raised Steel Thought to 5 (800)
Raised Suppress Curse to 5 (800)

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Beyond the First Gate
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1824

Rewards:
5 TIPs
6000 Legend
713 Silver

Items used:

Spoiler:
In my ongoing quest to understand all the Passions, I have joined an expedition to open a Sanctuary dedicated to Rashamon, the pre-Scourge identity of the Passion now known as Raggok. I remember hearing stories of Rashamon and seeing offerings at his shrines at the Liferock and beyond. This Sanctuary is called the Cloister of Silence, and numerous attempts to open it have resulted in havoc. The villains of Grakor have long sought entry to the Cloister of Silence and access to the secrets within.

A team of monks lay in meditation in alcoves along the gate to the Sanctuary/Kaer, their mental energies focused on protecting the slumbering Namegivers within. Several empty alcoves indicated the cost of this ritual. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the excitable Windling from before, who explained that he had analyzed the writings across the mantle of the entryway and deciphered the music required to wake the monks.

All attempts at opening the gates, however, had attracted unwanted attention, which is where we came in. The unwanted attention came largely in the form of misshapen and monstrous creatures, so I built concentric Life CIrcles to defend the Windling singer who would be performing the Song of Opening. As the Windling began, the ground began to tremble. Over the rocks and hills, an ululation of gibbering Gnashers, a murmuration of fluttering Shriekers, and a cacophany of flapping Cacklers descended upon us.

The Life Circles made short work of the Gnashers, but the Shriekers and Cacklers, though warped and monstrous, were not the work of Horrors and were immune to their effects. We cut them down as quick as we could, but they got through to the singer and injured her. One of our number picked her up and joined her in singing, engaging in a curious polyphonous performance, bringing forth multiple melodies and rhythms from their mouths. Some particularly zealous creatures, a Mad Cackler and a Disruptive Shrieker, caused serious harm, but they too were thwarted.

We woke the Monks and explained the situation to them. Their magics were designed to fail when the mana level had retreated enough, but since the mana level has remained stable, we needed them to open the remaining gate themselves. When they tried to reach the abilities Rashamon had given them, their bodies were wracked with pain and terror by Raggok's influence. With sorrow, we explained what had transpired in the world since they began to slumber. They were shaken by the world's events, but their admiration for Rashamon's ideals remained, and they agreed to help us open the remaining gate. Time passed, allowing me to assist my comrades, even their injured Direwolf Companions.

As the Monks began the next ritual, four Harbingers of Raggok appeared. A Crooner, a Squealer, a Thunderer, and a Whisperer. I lost consciousness during the fight, so my memories are scattered, but I know we prevailed. Their voices have been canceled and now the world is a safer place. The monks used the harmonic shaping of the echo chambers in which they stood to open the inner gate and wake the many Namegivers within. I do not know what the future holds for these devotees of a lost Passion. It should be interesting to watch.
300 Legend
178.3 Silver

Downtime:
Nethermancer Training (5 days)
Item History (Ziviliyn) (Patternwrack) (7 days)
Research (Zivilyn) (Patternwrack) (7 days)

Legend Spent:
Raised Astral Sight to 5 (800)
Raised Avoid Blow to 1 (100)
Raised Avoid Blow to 2 (200)
Raised Dispel Magic to 5 (800)
Raised Enhanced Matrix to 1 (200)
Raised Nethermancy to 6 (1300)
Raised Patterncraft to 5 (800)
Raised Spellcasting to 6 (1300)
Raised Summon to 1 (200)
Raised Summon to 2 (300)
Converted Free Standard Matrix to Free Enhanced Matrix

Learned Dust to Dust (free)
Learned Soul Armor (100)
Learned Soulless Eyes (100)
Learned Chilling Circle (200)
Learned Fog of Fear (300)

Item History (187.5)
Research (375)
Nethermancer Training (800)
Soul Armor (25)
Soulless Eyes (25)
Chilling Circle (50)
Fog of Fear (75)

etherial

Post by etherial » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Code: Select all

Twilight Embrace
Maximum Threads: 2
Mystic Defense: 14

Legend Point Cost: Warden

This crystal ringlet armor is made of very small rings of dark-colored crystal, blues, purples, and black. When light shines on it, the small silver runes carved in crystal sparkle like stars.

The armor automatically resizes to the owner when a thread is attached.

Thread Rank One

Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the armor’s Name.

Effect: The armor is Mystic Armor 5.

Thread Rank Two

Effect: The armor is Physical Armor 5.

Thread Rank Three

Key Knowledge: The owner must learn where the crystal used to create the armor was mined.

Effect: The wearer gains the Twilight Embrace ability. For 1 Strain as a Simple action, dark, gentle energy pours from the runes and enters into the wearer, turning their sclera black and irises silver. The wearer can see in darkness. This appears as an inversion of light and dark, where colors are inverted and darkness appears well lit and well lit areas appear dark. The wearer also gains a +2 bonus to Awareness tests in areas with no more than dim light. This lasts for thread rank minutes.

Thread Rank Four

Effect: While Twilight Embrace is active, the wearer gains +1 rank to Astral Sight and can use Astral Sight once per round without spending Strain.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the Name of the spirit bound to the armor.
Effect: When the wearer uses Twilight Embrace, the energy wraps around their limbs, holding and guiding them. While it is active, the wearer gains +2 to Attack or Spellcasting tests against targets they astrally sensed. If it affects multiple targets, all targets must be astrally sensed to gain the bonus.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: While Twilight Embrace is active, the wearer may spend 1 Strain as a Free action to cause the dark energy to surround an attack and infect the target. A successful Attack or Spellcasting test inflicts a -2 penalty to the target’s Mystic Defense until the end of the next round. If this attack affects more than one target, the wearer must pay 1 Strain for each affected target.

Thread Rank Seven
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the bound spirit.
Deed: The owner must communicate with the spirit and perform one task for it.
Effect: While Twilight Embrace is active, the wearer can increase the magnitude of a penalty they cause by 2 once per round. For example, the penalty inflicted by the Rank Six effect becomes -4. If an effect has more than one penalty (e.g., Spirit Grip), all are increased by 2.

Thread Rank Eight
Effect: While Twilight Embrace is active, the wearer gains +2 to one Action test each round.

etherial

Post by etherial » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Liberation of Grakor
LFG: http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1837
AAR: http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1852

Rewards:
3 TIPs
4000 Legend
230 Silver
Perception Training

Items used:

Spoiler:
At last the reckoning has come. What began as a misguided errand of mercy has resulted in the deaths of dozens of Namegivers and the creation of monstrous undead. We have beaten back the Cult of Raggok, protected what remains of Rashomon's legacy, and now we are to wipe them out and salt the earth. Our initial scouting detected three initial areas of concern: A defensive tower that had been constructed, a herd of horses that would be used as cavalry, and a pit where vile undead were being assembled out of spare Namegiver parts. A crack team of intrepid Adepts slipped into the tower and barred the door behind them, securing it for our use. Another group used force majeure to wipe out the breeding pit. That left the group I was in to take care of the horses.

Some of their party were already mounted when they saw us coming, charging into our zone of control where we were able to use Fog of Jeer and my Death's Head Spell to neutralize their mounts. Their leader, however, was quite a force to be reckoned with, laying into Norg and Ziv with uncanny zeal. They were supported also by a creature that purported to be a Wizard, but whose mystical arts were easily outclassed by our own. Our many months of passing through each other's spheres of influence ensured we had a successful team and we were able to rout our foes.

Pursuing deeper into the fray, we saw the familiar features of Ph'teve the wicked miscreant and a pack of Ghouls. A quick spell on my part wiped out his minions, but he proved surprisingly resilient and engaged our team for some time.

In the midst of this battle, a monstrous amalgam of flesh and sorcery burst forth, requiring all of our most experienced Adepts to keep it in check. The team in the tower had assembled a ballista for their troubles, however, and loosed a bolt into the beast, detonating its rotten flesh across the battlefield.

Quietly on our own, we Nethermancers encircled the town with a thin stream of salt, proving the earth against further misadventure.
200 Legend
118.8 Silver

Downtime:
Perception Training (7 days)
Item History (Dvarim) (Magic Armor) (1 week) (1/4)
Item History (Dvarim) (Magic Armor) (1 week) (2/4)
Research (Dubhan) (Magic Armor) (1 week) (1/4)

Legend Spent:
Raised Perception to 18 (1300)
Tied Rank 5 to Patternwrack (1300)
Tied Rank 1 to Twilight Embrace (300)
Tied Rank 2 to Twilight Embrace (500)

Item History (Dvarim) (50)
Item History (Dvarim) (150)
Research (Dubhan) (100)

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 am

Securing a Trade Route
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1858

Rewards:
3 TIPs
7500 Legend
650 Silver

Items used:
2 Physician's Kit Uses
1 Booster Potion

Spoiler:
One of the towns founded early in the land rush has not established trade back with Throal. Curiosity has gotten the best of us, and so we have set out to see if they have trouble bringing goods to market or sparing people to do the trip, and what we could do to help. I checked with the Throalic Land office to see if there were any details about the town, and it was registered properly.

I am told there was a brief encounter with some stone lions. All I recall is a giant paw coming for my face.

The town was stiff and cold, but prosperous. As we explored, there was a mysterious stillness about the place, in deep contrast to the usual festive flair the Thoalics have. Beyond the significant number of buildings they had, there was even a windmill. Surely there was surplus here with which to trade. Those who would speak to us directed us to the mill, where the town's founder and leader was proprietor. Sandrin was able to key in to his anxieties and convince the man to tell us what was really going on and that we were there to help.

Not long after the town had been founded, a group of Raiders had arrived and intimidated the town into giving all their surplus to his gang. His ability to bestow fear into the hearts of the townsfolk made resistance difficult, and their strength of arms made it useless. Preparations had already begun for his next supply pickup and we had a few hours to prepare. Using the town's farming carts, laden with the goods planned to be given up to the raiders, we restricted access to the town except for a few narrow lanes. As the raiders drew in, Norg, with a little help from Sandrin, blocked their rear with another cart. Now with the trap sprung, Moe and I blinded and frightened the lot of them while Jael clawed them to surrender.

The town threw a proper New Year's Party.
375 Legend
162.5 Silver

Downtime:
Talent Knack Training (14 days)

Legend Spent:
Raised Astral Sight to 6 (1300)
Raised Avoid Blow to 3 (300)
Raised Frighten to 6 (1300)
Raised Steel Thought to 6 (1300)
Raised Summon to 3 (500)

Learned Dark Messenger (100)

Tied Rank 6 to Patternwrack (2100)