AAR: [8M] War Pigs (2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

verse86
AAR: [8M] War Pigs (2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:23 pm

LFG: War Pigs
GM: verse86
ECR: 8
Difficulty: Medium

Rumors Lazulin and Juniper : Dwolgret Woldbuckle has been working with a questor of Dis, but also funding a warlord to further push people under his thumb. This warlord and any other co-conspiritors needs to be dealt with, by the point of a spear most likely. Lazulin and Juniper would like to lead anyone willing to engage the warlord and avert this threat.

Requested by: Lazulin and Juniper
Reward: tbd
Benefit: Making Barsaive safer

Notes:
- Adventure runs at 7:00pm EST on Thursday, March 11th

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by verse86 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

predajey

Re: LFG: [8M] War Pigs (2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT)

Post by predajey » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played: Feb 26
Discipline:
  • Spear Master (Circle 7)
  • Elementalist (Circle 6)
Unique: Spears, Spells, Speaking, and Surgery...somewhat. I also navigate and alchemate... in moderate.
Downtime:
Item History (Rank 6 ESR 17)
Alchemy (Skill Rank 1, ESR 8)
  • Booster Potions
Last edited by predajey on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Name: Lazulin
Date of Last Game Played: 2021-02-26
Discipline: Raider (8)/SunHerald(7)
Unique: Combat and combat related accessories, and the guiding light of the sun.
Downtime: Research 3(9)

Last edited by Xzandrate on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anoush

Post by Anoush » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Name: Bloodbeat II of Syrtis
Last game played: Feb. 11, 2021
Discipline: Nethermancer 8 / Weaponsmith 5
Quote: Tsch!  I hate birds!!
Unique/Notable Abilities: Experience Death, Friendly Darkness, Frighten, Last Chance, Soul Armor, Spirit Talk, Summon Ally Spirits, Viewpoint, Foul Vapors, Lifesight, Recovery, Orbiting Spy
Downtime:
* Alchemy 11 (rank 4) [Booster Potion, Small Light Quartz]
* Forge Armor 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Forge Weapon 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Item History 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Research 17 (rank 3, step 10 + karma with library access +3 [20 SP])
Last edited by Anoush on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Name: Elisen
ECR: 8 (180180lp)
Last played on: 2021-02-18
Discipline: Cavalryman 8 / Troubadour 5
Quote/Unique: Deliverance flies on silent wind
Notable Abilities: Inspiring Sparkly Zoak power!
Downtime: Animal training step 16 (rank 5; 12 + karma), Item History 18 (rank 5; 10 + 2 karma), Research 18 (rank 5; 10 + 2 karma)

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Name: Juniper
ECL: 8
Discipline: Shadow who Quests for Lochost
Quote/Unique: "Power to the people!"
Notable Abilities: Streetwise, Looks good naked, people person
Downtime: Drugs, poetry slams, volunteering, romantic entanglements
Last Game Played: 2021-02-27

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

Vralino, Elisen, Bloodbeat, Juniper. Lets make some bacon.

verse86

Post by verse86 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:41 am

War Pigs
Time: 2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT
GM: verse86
Circle: 8
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Character Name:
Bloodbeat: 19000 lp, 900 sp, 3 TIPs
Elisen: 19000 lp, 900 sp, 3 TIPs
Juniper: 19000 lp, 900 sp, 3 TIPs
Lazulin: 19000 lp, 900 sp, 3 TIPs
Vralino: 19000 lp, 900 sp, 3 TIPs

GM Reward: Z'mokki: 800 lp, 200 sp, 3 TIPs

Downtime Actions Available:
Vralino
Item History (Rank 6 ESR 17)
Alchemy (Skill Rank 1, ESR 8)

Elisen
Animal training step 16 (rank 5; 12 + karma),
Item History 18 (rank 5; 10 + 2 karma),
Research 18 (rank 5; 10 + 2 karma)

Bloodbeat
* Alchemy 11 (rank 4) [Booster Potion, Small Light Quartz]
* Forge Armor 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Forge Weapon 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Item History 16 (rank 5, step 12 + karma)
* Research 17 (rank 3, step 10 + karma with library access +3 [20 SP])

Lazulin
Research 3(9)

Further Information:
Lazulin and Juniper successfully dealt with Acufru, the warlord. Unfortunately, Willow the questor of Dis escaped again. Fortunately, she left behind paperwork that may help them track down their next target (gotta love the excessive paperwork).
Last edited by verse86 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

predajey

Re: AAR: [8M] War Pigs (2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT)

Post by predajey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 am

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, an 19 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. By this time, her father has been discovered dead, and his remains were brought to her home in Trayckid. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

I learned the most amazing spell! I can light myself on fire!!! I'm planning to use this spell for the most dire of situations, like when we need marshmallows roasted or when we need to cook our food while we're hunting. I need to find Juniper and show him!

He wasn't interested in seeing me light myself on fire, but they were going after that slave group we went after last time I was out with him. I figured I'd tag along. See some more of his awesomeness. I must have missed it the first time we went out hunting slavers. Probably when I was dazed from getting hit in the head one too many times. Anyhow, he went to gather Lazulin, Bloodbeat, and Elisen, the other slave hunters in Throal. They were putting together some form of plan to lure out some bandits using a caravan as bait. According to the Sirtis Embassy (not sure why they'd have the information on the bandits, but I'm not much into politics), the bandits struck maybe once a month, sometimes twice? Either way, Juniper was well aware of the low chances of us getting tagged as valuable enough to get raided. Still he went along with the plan, often times stopping to put on a staged discussion with Elisen about how valuable a cargo we were guarding. Or maybe we were transporting? Either way, I didn't see no valuable cargo. I think this was a farce. It might've worked if we had actual valuable cargo. We made it to Sosanopa without so much as a stray glance at our little caravan.

While we were stayed up in a room at the local tavern, we planned out a way to spread rumors about our caravan and which direction we should go. We headed downstairs to begin and got the attention of one of the drunken patrons. While Juniper brushed them off, he did get the name of an Alchemist conducting dangerous experiments. After the drunkard resumed his drinking, I inquired about this Flannagan. Flannigan? Flannelgan! Sounds fancy! And he has his own tower up in the mountains to the north. With my natural navigational abilities, I knew he was talking about the Skull Mountains, but apparently Lazulin knew them as the Scytha Mountains. I'll have to study my geography so that I'll know all the different names for all the mountains. I should check and make sure I know all the names for the rivers, too. And the valleys. Anyway, we found a trail going up the mountain thanks to my expert navigational skills. It was on a lone mountain north of the Merica Valley, so not too difficult to find. And thanks to Bloodbeat's Orbitting Spy, we found an ambush waiting for us! Immediately, Bloodbeat flooded the area with shadow as I lit myself ablaze! It felt so liberating! I rushed after the nearest patsy and he was dead. The rest of the group had just as much success, since soon after Elisen was colliding with the other two ambushers in front of me. I turned around to find one other person from the ambush squad. Lazulin gave the command to cease hostilities. My fire spirit didn't like that. In that instance, I felt the weight of every day living drop back on my body as my skin was seared while the spirit left. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

We interrogated the poor bastard to find that he was sent from the West. We forced him to locate his camp on a map, then headed out. Between Lazulin, Elisen, and myself, we ate well. I might have left a trail of embers when I pursued game, but it was cooked as I hunted, calling on my fire spirit again. We ate well, to say the least. And I got to be our travelling campfire! When we got to the camp, Juniper and Bloodbeat surveyed it. Lazulin and the other slave hunters came up with a decent assault plan, and I just went along with it. We clogged the main gate, and I was last to arrive. I Air Blasted an archer on my way there, but approached the choke point cautiously. The raiders inside hid inside the tower, so I started my Thread Sight to reattune my matrices to include the Mantle of the Fire Marauder. Before I even started the reattunement process, Bloodbeat flushed out a couple raiders by dropping acid near the door to the tower. They piled out, so instead I dropped one of them and faced off with the other. Then some guy, big dude, with a massive weapon, dropped out of the tower next to Lazulin. A dragon also appeared out of nowhere! Bloodbeat was surrounded! It was not the best situation to be in, so I simply guarded Bloodbeat from the Raiders so she could deal with the dragon. I started weaving threads to cast raw magic. I heard it was dangerous, but how bad could it be, really? My plan was to pull all the attacks from the Raiders and let my Fire Spirit burn them. I couldn't prevent an archer from tagging her with an arrow, though. It must have been a lucky shot, but she survived and took cover behind the dead body of the guy who once was Aguilar. She recovered with Fire Blood and the Death Cloud (I swear it was a fart, and not even a bad one) caused the rest of the raiders to go unconscious. The dragon vanished just as mysteriously as it appeared. A woman commanded some slaves to get us. Half of them were killed by Bloodbeat's fart. Juniper was able to get the other half free from the woman's charm or seduction or whatever she did to control them.

We won! People were saved! I didn't die! Things are starting to look up for me! Especially with that Fire Spirit! I just felt so light when I lit myself on fire! Haha! I'm light when I'm lit! Funny stuff.

Xzandrate

Re: AAR: [8M] War Pigs (2021-03-11 @ 23:59 GMT)

Post by Xzandrate » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:40 am

***The intricately covered ice blue journal contains a single blue crystal on the centre, with the simple gold lettering below it 'Lazulin' ***

Page 17

Juniper had turned all the documents over to Bloodbeat, Elisen, and myself to research what we could on this Warlord threat. Through various reports and stories we turned up the name Acufru, it is good to know what would go on the gravestone if they were worthy of it.

We gathered the five involved in the discovery of the slave trade and Warlord and compared intel. Apparently the group under Acufru were working from a place given a number of names, the 'processing center' and 'the farm' among others. They were predominantly active around the Serpent on either side of Sosanopa. This sounded as if a spotter was located in Sosanopa for them, possibly on the way there as well.

We gathered some crates and loaded down Isidoros with a false shipment of living crystal. A dyre full of rare enchanting materials should suffice to get us noticed. The added theatrics of Juniper and Elisen ensured it was a poorly kept secret. In an effort to leverage our best talents, we opted to try and travel by land instead of by boat, we made it known that we were NOT "travelling towards the Scythan mountains to deliver a large quantity of living crystal to a hidden alchemist".

We crossed the river and began the trek northward to try and locate the hideout. It didn't take long for someone to come sniffing, six in total. I'm not sure if our display reassured them that we were an easy mark or if they really were as incompetent as we made them look. In a matter of seconds, there were only two. They quickly gave up all the information we needed and traded the location of Acufru for their lives.

Again we moved with advantage in mind, while following the river would be faster, there was a greater chance of being spotted and/or captured. We pressed north through the hills and forest and approached the fort undetected. Like the mountains we remained still, like the trees we watched their movements. Bloodbeat picked up more than twenty patterns of life at various points. This seemed daunting until we realized fully half of those appeared to be slaves being shuttled between buildings.

It was then that we saw the game changer, Willow, the questor of Dis we had encountered before. We took more time to determine if the entirety of the camp was under the thrall of the questor, or if they were acting of their own accord. This was important to determine how our opponents would react to our assault. Mindless drones would crash upon us without pause, where as a regular bandit would think twice about approaching a party of highly magical adepts. With the confirmation of a guard change we had the information we would need.

The plan was put together very quickly to throw them off guard and move into a position to try and reduce the advantage of numbers. Just prior to dusk, Elisen would charge along one of the outer walls, while Bloodbeat would Shadowstep to the gate with a Friendly Darkness. That left Juniper, Vralino, and I to run in from the opposite side as Elisens approach.

The shocking blitz of our assault caused the guards to fallback into a poor position inside a tower, being caught in a Foul Vapours they attempted to push out, with Acufru finally showing himself as he leapt from a window in the tower. Behind me I heard Bloodbeat scream, but my attention was on Acufru. Grasping a spear from the air in each hand they began to spin and pierce into this much larger troll body. As he fell to his knees in front of me, before a plea for his pitiful life could escape his lips I drove a glowing spear of sun down into his chest.

We quickly cleaned up the remaining bandits, and as we again attempted to apprehend Willow, she set the compelled slaves upon us, crashing into the Foul Vapours. We managed to only loose a few of them, but Willow escaped again with the door trick.

We put the encampment to the torch and returned the slaves to freedom. Juniper gave them a long and very detailed explanation of how Lochost provided their freedom. More importantly these people were safe and would contribute to the betterment of others.

Like arrows through the night, our group managed to locate the proper target and with careful aim felled them without a sound. This is what justice looks like, a well honed weapon defending those who can not fight, and taking that which we need to protect them. Even Vralino seems to be coming into her own, if a bit preoccupied on circus theatrics.

***A great Iced Claw adorns the bottom of the page ***