AAR: [10M] Tea and Tyranny (2021-02-08 00:30 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Montaugh
Re: AAR: [10M] Tea and Tyranny (2021-02-08 00:30 GMT)

Post by Montaugh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:23 pm

My name is William Carver.

I was contacted by Moe'uhane about going and helping him complete a deed on his thread item named Golden Rule. LaShana, Zivilyn, and Daldorer were also contacted. It feels odd not traveling without one of the usual adepts I have traveled with.

We traveled down to Travar to look for information regarding the thread item. I stopped in and visited with Bram Lowman and his apprentice. Most people don't like Bram, but I do. I mean he made the very useful gloves, what is not to like about that guy. After I stopped off on the visit there I took some of the others on an excursion about the town, we hit the various bars, corners, and hidden places that lead me to what I was looking for, information about our location, Temple Rock. The other members of our group sought information regarding the item in question. We were also given a quest to find two different group of adepts that had vanished.

We arrived at Temple Rock. The closer we got the more quite things became. As we approached we were attacked by something that made us feel all of our worst choices and seemed to amplify them. We all became very irritated. Lashana also spotted some blood but in my mental state I did not think about using it to track whatever left it behind. I saw something watching us from a distance, someone but I could not make it out anymore than that.

The rest of the events started to get fuzzy for me as I consumed with rage at one point, we were fighting someone and he instilled such anger in me that I lashed out and attacked Charlie, I then turned my wrath to the person that instilled all that anger and wrath in me, I slide off charlie and move as fast as I could towards the target. The world went red during this time, I really do not recall much about what happened all that I knew was that he had to die, nothing else mattered, nothing else existed on that field of battle except for he and I.

During the rest of the trip I tried to make it up to Charlie but he was not all that happy with me, I was not happy with me and those thoughts consumed my attention. Details are sparce to my memory, I recall a spirit of some sort, our group talking with other people that were guardians, more spirits, a deal being made and the deed ultimately completed. Everyone on the way back was short in our tempers. I need to spend time with Charlie. I can not do that to him again, I can not lose my temper like that and put him in danger. We have been friends for too long for me to treat him like that.

William Carver