AAR: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@20:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Lashana
AAR: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@20:00 GMT)

Post by Lashana » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 am

LFG: The Bandits of Coalton
Time: 2021-01-17@08:00 GMT
GM: Shannanigans (LaShana/Amhran)
Questgiver: Arphen (kaetaur/kaetaur#082)
Circle: 2M
Rumor: The road to Coalton, Or barely serviceable wagon tracks, is fraught with danger after house Ueraven's disgrace at the mistreatment of the residents of this mining town. Miner's Guild Chapter 483 Coalton divisions is looking for adepts to seek out the bandits threatening the goat path to Coalton while they help outfit the town for proper mining and a bright future after the death of the awful leadership and the first recorded Krampus anywhere near Throal. Master Thain Bookbinder is hiring for this as the appointed steward in charge of Coalton's future fair and equitable treatment.

Alternate Reward: ½ price skill training

Up to 6 players
Last edited by Lashana on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Abrahms

Re: LFG: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@08:00 GMT)

Post by Abrahms » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:26 am

Name: Warak Nendul
Date of Last Game Played: 01/10/2021
Circle: 3
Discipline: Swordmaster
Quote/Unique: "My dear, the pen is only mightier than the sword if you don't know how to write your legend in bloodied steel."
Notable Abilities: Social Climbing
Downtime: N/A
Last edited by Abrahms on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nadimsuer

Post by nadimsuer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am

Name: Ornn Stoneforged
Last game played: Never
Discipline: Troll Weaponsmith 1
Quote/Unique: He hasn't made a name for himself, yet.
Notable Abilities: Ornn has a way with weapons, in the forge and in combat, and a firey blood
Downtime: Forge Weapon 3 (talent), Research 2, Alchemy 2

kaetaur

Post by kaetaur » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Name: Arphen
Last game played: 01/03/2021
Discipline: Elf Scout ECL 3
Quote/Unique: He doesn't say much for an elf so young.
Notable Abilities: I am aware of my surroundings and I can live off the land. I am able to find and disarm traps. Sometimes I am sneaky.
Downtime: Craft Weapon (Skill)
Last edited by kaetaur on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anoush

Re: LFG: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@20:00 GMT)

Post by Anoush » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:54 am

Unfortunately, real life interferes, so I won't be able to play.
Last edited by Anoush on Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:48 am

Name: Perrok
Date of Last Game Played by player: 2021-01-03
Circle: 2
Discipline: Sky Raider
Unique: Prettiest Flowers
Downtime: Celebrating Life

Lashana

Post by Lashana » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 am

AAR: The Bandits of Coalton
GM: Shannanigans
ECR: 2
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Arphen: 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs
Warek: 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs
Ornn: 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs
Perrok: 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs

GM Reward: (Ahmran) 2200 LP, 375 SP, 3 TIPs

Alternate Reward: 1/2 Skill training
Journal Reward: +40 LP, + 50 SP

Downtime:
Ornn: Forge Weapon 3 (talent), Research 2, Alchemy 2
Arphen: Craft Weapon (Skill)

Summary: The party was able to ensure the safe delivery of two wagons of supplies up to Coalton by acting as their Vanguard. After marveling at the circle of life as eagles hunted bunnies, they watched one of those eagles keel over. So Arphen chased the other off of its price to ensure it too didn't suffer the same fate and they ensure these horrible prayer bunnies didn't take out any other wildlife. They also managed to rid the area of a hungry pack of wolves that could have proved quite dangerous to any making the trek back and forth between Throal and Coalton. And lastly they took a small band of brigands, one managed to get away but appeared to have fled the area according to Arphen's intense search. Two of the bandits turned out to be locals who were displaced when Ebeneezer was killed and the old mine owner was removed.

nadimsuer

Re: AAR: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@20:00 GMT)

Post by nadimsuer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:33 am

Ornn Stornforged Jounal Entry -

Journal Entry 1, Bandits of Coalton

Having just recently earned by title as a Weaponsmith Adept, i set out to find a task that i could complete to help those who had invested the time and energy in training me. While the city is always busy, and they are many adepts, there always seems to be work. And sure enough, it didn't take long to find it. A new owner had taken over the Coalton mine and was working on restoring it to a livable and workable township. To do this, they needed to make sure a steady stream of supplies could make it there and back. Several recent wagons had been hit by bandits and they were looking for a group of adepts to help find and dispatch these villians. Deciding to offer my skills up to assist, i quickly find myself not only hired, but also joined with a group of other stalwart adepts who had assisted in freeing the mine from it's previous owner.

We quickly set out and, after a mostly uneventful first day of travel interupted by little more than an encounter with some strange wildlife, before we reach the edge of the woods and were set upon by a pack of wolves, which we were able to quickly dispatch, I was even able to slay one on my own and took it's fangs as a trophy. We decided to setup camp here and thus ended the first day.

We set out in the morning after a restful night for the last leg of our journey. If we didn't find bandits along the route here, we would likely have to go out into the woods to find them. Luckily, that was not the case as we were accosted a short distance by a grou of 4 bandits who offered to take the goods off of our hands. We said no, of course, and engaged them in combat. The battle was hard fought, and much of my blood was spilled, but in the end we were successful, one dead at my hand, 2 others unconcious at the hands of the others and the last having managed to flee as his allies prevented us from putting up an effective chase. Our scout was able to confirm he appeared to have fled the area entirely, so this should likely be the end of both the bandits, as well as a potential pack of rogue wolves. We quickly completed the trip to Coalton and, confirming that several of the bandits where former members of the town who had been driven out when the old mine owner was removed.

I must say, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but this certainly taught me several things, including the need to improve my arms and armor, which i have decided to set my mind to just as soon as I complete this journal and return it to the library. I must say, i look forward to my next opertunity to go out and assist, as it certainly stirs the fire in the blood.

The party was able to ensure the safe delivery of two wagons of supplies up to Coalton by acting as their Vanguard. After marveling at the circle of life as eagles hunted bunnies, they watched one of those eagles keel over. So Arphen chased the other off of its price to ensure it too didn't suffer the same fate and they ensure these horrible prayer bunnies didn't take out any other wildlife. They also managed to rid the area of a hungry pack of wolves that could have proved quite dangerous to any making the trek back and forth between Throal and Coalton. And lastly they took a small band of brigands, one managed to get away but appeared to have fled the area according to Arphen's intense search. Two of the bandits turned out to be locals who were displaced when Ebeneezer was killed and the old mine owner was removed.

kaetaur

Re: AAR: [2M] The Bandits of Coalton (2021-01-17@20:00 GMT)

Post by kaetaur » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 am

I am using 1/2 price skill training to raise Botany.

The Bandits of Coalton A journal Entry by Arphen Elven Scout

This will not be the most expansive journal entry. Thain Bookbinder hired us to handle bandits robbing caravans headed to Coalton. We left Bartertown and headed out with two wagons to Coalton. Perrok, Warek, Ornn, and I were to walk ahead of the caravan to search for bandits before the caravan was robbed.

It is only two days travel from Bartertown to Coalton. Most of the first day of travel was boring. I was slightly ahead of the group and saw some strange looking rabbits being attacked by eagles. I advised that we leave this entire circumstance alone until one of the eagles fell over dead from eating the rabbit. I attempted to chase off the eagles and grabbed the dead bird and rabbits. The eagle was hungry and hoping to eat these rabbits so we eventually found it a squirrel family to eat. I hope that was not the only squirrel family in the mountains.

Later that day wolves attacked and we slew them. The road more travelled seems to be more dangerous. We camped and nothing actually happened.

The next day we were at a crossroads and met with bandits. They attacked and attempted to drive us off so they could take the supplies. They were well armored and not as well trained. We fought them off. Two were knocked unconscious, one died, and one escaped. I hope the one that escaped goes someplace else and discovers a new life.

Coalton is doing well. Jon MacDonald is not dying of the black lung. Considering that we are having difficulty with opening up and establishing a new world I am not surprised with bandits needing food. I hope that I can help people to not need these things.