AAR: [7H] Hide and Shriek 2020/08/22 @ 17:00 gmt

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

ChrisDDickey
AAR: [7H] Hide and Shriek 2020/08/22 @ 17:00 gmt

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:19 am

LFG: Hide and Shriek
Time: 2020-08-22 @17:00 GMT   (Sat 1pm Eastern)
GM: Chris D
Rating: 7H
Eligible Characters: ECR 6 to 8
Mission organized by: Zivilyn
Rumor: http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopi ... =58&t=1781
After extensive research, and interviewing many travelers, Zivilyn has uncovered rumors of shrieker bats that are unusually stealthy. In fact tales are whispered that many strange and bizzare creatures that can be found in this area.

Reward: Shrieker bats with the cloaked, shrouded, and shadow mask.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please sign up with the following.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Last time you (player) played:[/b] 
[b]Circle:[/b] 
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] 
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b]
[b]Downtime:[/b]
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sigfriedmcwild

Re: [7H] Hide and Shriek 2020/08/22 @ 17:00 gmt

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 am

Name: Norg
Last played on: 2020-08-18
ECR: 8 (162645lp)
Discipline: Gauntlet 8 / Air Sailor 3
Quote/Unique: Endure, in enduring grow strong
Notable Abilities: PUNCH! JUMP! some awareness, some navigation, some wilderness survival, the worst physician this side of the mountains
Downtime: none

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:58 am

Name: Zivilyn
ECR: 7
Last Played: it's my request, so I'm going regardless.
Discipline: Shaman/Wizard/Elementalist 6/5/3
Notable Abilities: Spells, a little bit of everything at this point. Good with animals. Only *mostly* incompetent at social stuff.
Downtime: Downtime: Animal Training (Talent) - Step 17 including karma (Rank 7) (can train up to 7 commands total, or improve non-combat skills by +1 per command used on it)
Research - Step 24 including karma (Rank 5). +3 to the step is available at a cost of 20 sp for access to the Great Library of Throal, if for some reason you need it.
Item History - Step 15 including karma (Rank 4)

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:34 am

Name: Nez
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-08-12
ECR: 7
Discipline: Beastmaster(7)/Warrior (4)
Downtime: Animal Training/Bond/Dominate Beast - step 17 (Rank 7), Research Step 9

Sagarmatha does not like it when you call me small.

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 am

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: Aug 15
Circle: ECR-8
Discipline: Shaman (6)/Monk (5)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (6) Step 16; Research (5) Step 21; Item History (5) Step 21; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Norg, Nez, and Reyis, looks like we're going to be taking a trip to ambush land. please remember to pack your armoured pajamas.

predajey

Post by predajey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:06 am

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played:Aug 20
ECR: 6
Discipline: Spear Master
Unique: Spears, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat. I also navigate and alchemate.
Downtime:
Alchemy (Skill Rank 1, ESR 8)
  • Booster Potions

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:44 pm

AAR:

Player Rewards:
Norg: 20,000 lp, 1,163 sp, 5 tips.
Zivilyn: 20,000 lp, 1,163 sp, 5 tips. +1 UnFriendly Stealthy Shrieker Bat
Nez: 20,000 lp, 1,163 sp, 5 tips.
Vralino Hammer-Shield: 20,000 lp, 1,163 sp, 5 tips.
Reyis Poriv: 20,000 lp, 1,163 sp, 5 tips. +1 UnFriendly Stealthy Shrieker Bat

Journal Bonus: 1000 lp, 291 sp.
GM Rewards (Zil) 39,000 lp, 1000 sp, 3 TIPs.

Downtime:
Zivilyn: Downtime: Animal Training (Talent) - Step 17 including karma (Rank 7) (can train up to 7 commands total, or improve non-combat skills by +1 per command used on it)
Research - Step 24 including karma (Rank 5). +3 to the step is available at a cost of 20 sp for access to the Great Library of Throal, if for some reason you need it.
Item History - Step 15 including karma (Rank 4)
Nez: Animal Training/Bond/Dominate Beast - step 17 (Rank 7), Research Step 9
Reyis Poriv: Animal Training (6) Step 16; Research (5) Step 21; Item History (5) Step 21; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Vralino Hammer-Shield : Alchemy (Skill Rank 1, Booster Potions

Alternate awards:
Nightflyers with masks.

Further Information:
The players have delivered a letter from the crazy old hermet Larduinio Dwomp to the proprietor of Morchik's Exotic Animals. extolling the virtues of his specially breed night-flyers. Bats (several varieties), Owls, Shadowmants, Krillworms, Krillia, etc, all with various dangerous and exotic masks. The messenger bats that now deliver his correspondence with Morchik seem to have a long distance overland speed about 50% higher than other messenger bats.
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

predajey

Post by predajey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:27 pm

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, a 15 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. At this point, she has found value in a small circle of friends and has even begun networking socially for jobs. By now she has developed a dislike towards T'Skrang, although her friendships are not affected by this mentality. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

As I was running around posting information about going to the Floating City of House V'Strimon, when I saw a Windling looking for companions for a similar purpose. Apparently he was heading out to get a Shrieker Bat. We made a deal. I'd help him get his Shrieker Bat, and he'd help me with whatever Jeremiah Breyer needed. Heh heh, that's fun to say. Jeremiah Breyer. Wait, you can't hear me, you're just a book. Anyways, he got his team together and we went west to the Servos Jungle. I swear that place is starting to feel like my backyard.

So we arrived at some... thing. They kept saying it was a giant pyramid, but I swear it looked like a bench from the Bedrock Bar (rule of 1 on perception). As we approached, this Shadowmant came out of nowhere. Poor Reyis, went down immediately. Luckily we had Norg. Dude's a big boy, took hits and gave them back. He looked like he had things well under control, so Zivilyn sat on the steps and just kind of watched. He wasn't looking so hot after the ambush, either. Nez and Sugarmother were kicking some ass, though. Eventually we killed most of them, then Norg chased the last one into the jungle. We spent the night at the top of the pyramid and had a grand feast. There was even hot food!

In the morning, I awoke to Norg punching the door. It was earth shattering, and out comes this ancient elf. Even though Norg broke down his door, he allowed us into his... home I guess you could call it? Zivilyn was able to identify him as a Nethermancer. Turns out he was training bats. Maybe he was also a beastmaster? He was fascinated with a couple of different creatures. He even offered to sell us some Shrieker Bats! Easy job for once! But the stipulation was we had to go get them ourselves, I guess? I wasn't really paying attention.

Next we started looking for the Shrieker Bats with the help of some mystical magic moxy. It wasn't too difficulty to find where they lived. We entered and moved through the cave, eventually finding the nesting grounds. Of course, Norg startled them. He slipped on some bat shit and slammed his fist against a wall to steady himself. These things were loud! And one of them threw wind at us to knock us over! After knocking out a few of them, and Norg killing one of them, Nez told us to stop attacking and they would leave us alone. After they calmed down, we were able to capture a couple of them. Reyis and Zivilyn decided to keep them.

I didn't know how sweet of a deal this would be. The mission was one of the easier ones, except for Reyis's injuries at the pyramid, and I got a buddy to go to the Floating City! Even better, he's an Elementalist! I'll have to pay super close attention to him when we go there. I want to be one someday!

Jexel

Re: AAR: [7H] Hide and Shriek 2020/08/22 @ 17:00 gmt

Post by Jexel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:58 pm

The Written Histories of Nez and Sagarmatha

Zivilyn has heard of an area in the Servos Jungle that has some interesting beasts and we decided to go investigate. He was especially interested in some stealthy bats.

So we head into the jungle just south of the Jungle Mine and come upon a large stepped pyramid. As we approach and climb the pyramid we are ambushed by a group of Shadowmants who were extremely stealthy. At the start of the fight Reyis was knocked down and unconscious before anyone knew what was going on. I took a minor hit during the fight and Sagarmatha was clear. The rest of the party got badly beat up and we decided to hold up on top of the pyramid and heal for the night.

The next day Norg saw a door and got a strange excitement in his eyes. I quickly learned as he started to bash and destroy the door with his bare fists. After the stone slab was destroyed a elderly elf came out yelling. Apparently Norg just shattered his front door.

The senile elf invited us in after yelling for several minutes. Shortly after he was finished he invited us in and offered us some tea and forgot about the door. He forgot his name for a while but apparently it was Larduinio Dwomp. Sagarmatha was very wary of the individual especially after I mentioned that the caves that connect to his pyramid are open to the outside during the scourge.

It seems that the elf is having a hard time with the passage of time. He referred to the last people to have visited being pre-scourge but he mentions it only being a couple years ago. How old do Elves live?

After asking some questions though it appears his unease was unjust as the elderly man just offered to sell his animals. The prices seemed quite high and we saw several bats before we entered the pyramid. We searched for the bat caves and once we entered we found thousands of bats including dozens of extremely large bats. I believe we startled the bats for a bit and had some attack us but then I was able to tell if we backed away they would go back to resting.

The Shamans Reyis and Ziv have an amazing spell that allows you to soothe multiple wild beasts at a time. We used that and were able to grab the specimen that Ziv needed and headed out the door.