AAR: [2M] Food Fight (2020-08-14@TBD)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

etherial
Re: AAR: [2M] Food Fight (2020-08-14@TBD)

Post by etherial » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Food Fight
Time: 2020-01-14@23:00 GMT
GM: etherial
Circle: 2
Difficulty: M

Player Rewards:
Jarock: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver
Killian: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver
Mal: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver
Nib: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver
Redsun: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver
Truck: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 200 Silver

Half-price on Training

Journal Rewards:
40 Legend, 50 Silver

GM Reward:
Daldorer: 3 TIPs, 39,000 Legend, 1,000 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
Jarock: Craftsman 17 (Rank 3)
Jarock: Forge Weapon 13 (Rank 3)
Jarock: Item History 13 (Rank 3)
Killian: Craft Armor 8 (Rank 3)
Killian: Craft Weapon 8 (Rank 3)
Mal: Craft Weapon 10 (Rank 3)
Nib: Research 14 (Rank 1)
Researchers may spend 20 Silver for +3 Steps (the Haggle discount may lower this cost)

Further Information:
The first annual Festival of Pastry was a smashing success.

Rathan01

Post by Rathan01 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:50 pm

*Written in precise and un-flourished penmanship --*

I have heard that there is a new festival starting at Skyreader island. Sounds like there will be pastries, which I have only tasted once. I have never been to Skyreader island so the combination seems like a good idea. I head to the main gate but I have no idea how to find out if there is a caravan or some other group heading that way. I guess I was looking lost enough that a Windling named Nib grabbed me and 4 others to group up for the trip. It's good to see Jarok and Redsun again. There are also 2 new people I have not met; Truk , a Windling Warrior, and Killian , an Obsidiman Warrior. If nothing else, 2 warriors, 2 archers, a weaponsmith, and a wizard should mean a somewhat safe trip.

Apparently the roads outside of Throal don't have signs and after heading generally South, we came to a fork in the road. No one had a clue as to which direction we needed to go so we just guessed and took the one to the right. I got a bit of a wake-up call here and I will definitely be looking into learning how to navigate. We traveled for a bit and came to a farm where Nib worked a bit of social magic and we got some directions for heling out the farmer.

Boars again?! Really!? This time I wasn't quick enough to get out of serious damage. The farmer, Clem, said his pigs got out. He really should have specified these were the extra aggressive armed variety. Nib had a good plan and was able to get the group to lure the boars back to the farm with only the one incident. We found out we were headed in the correct direction and after a week or so of fairly easy travel, we made it to the shore near Skyreader island. I have heard there could have been problems on this section of the road but maybe we were lucky or just not interesting enough to harass.

We take a rope and pully carriage contraption up to the island and join in the festivities. The pastry contest was won by an Obsidiman named Keston or Keystone. It looked as if the T'skrang weren't happy and a food fight ensued. During the fight, our group noticed that Keston was being dragged off by some T'skrang. Thinking that was fishy, we followed and saw that the Obsidiman was actually being kidnapped. As they were being dragged onto a ship, the Soaring Espagra, our party attacked the kidnappers. The fight was mostly one-sided and we freed Keston handily. Nib figured out that the T'skrang were associated with house K’tenshin so they were definitely looking to make Keston a slave.

After saving the Obsidiman, we went back to the festival to find there had been quite the food fight and the fun vibe was now overshadowed by animosity between the Windlings and T'skrang. Nib had a great idea to get the two races teamed up together in a competition. The teams were to collect fish, fowl, and other ingredients to make a pie. Prizes for fastest pie, best-tasting pie, and fastest best-tasting pie were to be awarded. Betting was encouraged and the cooperation between the races greatly improved the mood all around. The winning overall team was Yajjo Sentekar and Kay Eterkalas. We spent the rest of the day and night partying and eating. I may have consumed enough pastries to tide me over for the next few years.

The next day we headed out for home and grabbed a pie for Clem the farmer. Apparently, the pie gave off enough of a smell that we were attacked by a pack of wolves. Nib bobbed above the wolves carrying the pie while the rest of us took them out. The rest of the trip back to Throal was uneventful. I am definitely going to make myself a better bow to be more effective in combat and learn how to find my way around.

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:05 pm

I have to find Jarock, if there is an orc who would love some pastries he would be that orc. Well truthfully most orcs love pastries but he's the one I know. I tried to find Juniper as well but that elf is elusive as a shadow.

There is a new food festival in Skyreader island and getting out of Throal for any reason is a good one when the weather is nice. Jarock didn't require to much convincing to make the trip. We headed to the front gate and ran into Mal and some others who were also heading to the festival. Killian an Obsidiaman warrior, and a pair of Windlings Truk a warrior and Nib a wizard. The six of us agreed to head to the festival together and started our journey.

Leaving Throal and heading south along the road should of been the easy part of the journey but some brigands or that storm from last week and removed all the signs along the road. But we all know that the Skyreader islands are south of Throal and there aren't that many roads between them. As long as we keep heading south along this road we should be good. If not we will end up with a different story to tell when we find our way back to Throal.

We came across an elven farmer named Clem who was busy fixing his pig pen. Jarock offered to assist the farmer with the pen as he was carrying his tools with him. Nib asked the farmer about the pen and where were his pigs. Clem explained that they had just recently broke out of the pen and are currently in the wilderness to the north of the farm. How did we miss them?

I started to look at the pen and the tracks around the farm and I began to suspect pigs meant wild boars. I don't know what's gotten into the farmers around Throal but why do they all think that WILD boars are safe livestock for a farm. I mean if they were training them to become mounts for some of the smaller races or maybe being trained as war boars like war dogs it would make some sense. Wild boars are dangerous and have a bad habit of charging first and goring later.

Well I better get my crossbow ready and hope my traveling companions are ready for a fight as these boars are likely to resist anything we want them to do. Nib after talking some more with Clem grabbed a bunch of crab apples to lore the boars back to the farm.

We head back north in search of these boars and find them just down the east fork in the road we had passed a little while ago. Nib attempts to lore some of the boars to follow him back to the farm. After some failed attempts including throwing the apples at the boars and Mel getting a little to close to one them we were able to entice them back to Clem.

After receiving some directions from Clem we continued on our journey to Skyreader island. We had to fly?? or take some gondola up to the island as it was floating. I've never been able to fly before and still can't even after visiting a floating island, sadly. We all eventually get to the festival and there is a competition ongoing between all the various bakers. I noticed that there was some serious gambling going on about who was going to win the competition. I was unable to see who the favorite was and when Keystone, a Obsidiman, was declared the winning well the rest of the bakers started a protest.

During the protest some unsavory fellows decided to walk off with Keystone and board a ship, Soaring Espagra. We followed and interrupted the attempted kidnapping. A small skirmish erupted and we quickly defeated the kidnappers and turned them over to the local authorities. When we returned to the festival the previous protest had grown into a fight between the Windlings and T'skrang about who should of won and why they were the better bakers.

Nib figured another baking competition with the Windlings and T'Skrang worked as partners would help restore the festival. This competition resulted in even more wonderful food being baked for everyone to enjoy and solved the disagreement between the two races for at least this year. I didn't notice any betting on the second competition nor any pick pockets in the crowd so I was able to relax and just enjoy the food.

The next day after the festival and a good nights rest we headed back north along with a pie for Clem the farmer, since he was unable to attend. on the way the savory pie attracted the attention of some hungry wolves. We drove the wolves off and didn't even drop the pie and Clem was very thankful. I was just thankful that his "pigs" were still in their pen.

Strange that the trip back to Throal all the signs saying 10 leagues to Throal were back...