AAR: [6M] Rubber Ducky, You're the One (2020/7/20 at 23:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:41 pm

LFG: Rubber Ducky, You're the One
Time: 2020/7/20 at 23:00 GMT
GM: ReynTrannin
Circle: ECR 6
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: From the mind of Aurea: Creating the perfect bath or even recreating the same baths from the Floating city in lake Ban is an intense and fragile combination of the perfect temperature, the best floral scents and .....OH NO!!! I do not have the bath salts needing to create this bath and the market is all out of them to. I guess my bath must be put on hold until I gather all the items needed.
Shopping list:
Salt, check
Epom salts, check
Rosewater, check
Purple osier tar
Jungle Passiflora essence

Looks like someone needs to go shopping in the Servos....

Alternate Reward: TBA

Please reply using this format.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyDragoon

Re: LFG: [6M] Rubber Ducky, You're the One (2020/7/20 at 23:00 GMT)

Post by LadyDragoon » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 pm

Name: Azurea M.D. (S.O.A.P)
Circle: ECR 6
Discipline: Shadow 6/Purifier 3
Quote/Unique: I am the soap that cleans the dirt between the toes of the world from the shadows.
Notable Abilities: Shadow blades and SURPRISE!!! Oh wait let me heal you.
Downtime:
Last Played: July 16 2020

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:00 am

Name: Moe'uhane
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-07-16
ECR: 7
Discipline: Illusionist(6)/Messenger (6)
Unique: Enhanced matrix, buffs, some socials, Pretend fireballs
Downtime: Research - step 9

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:32 pm

This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

Name: Temur Tengerkhan
Circle: 6/4 (ECL 6)
Discipline: Spirit Rider / War Rider
Quote/Unique: "Those are good thoughts for thinking."
Notable Abilities: I ride an imaginary horse. I do the tracking and the survival and sometimes navigation.
Downtime: Wine, women, dancing.
Last Played: 2020-07-07 (Yippie ai ayy, Yippie ai oohhh) / 2020-07-15 (A'horangi: Paradox of Supply and Demand)

If preferred, can bring A'horangi (ECL 5)

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Name: Nez
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-07-12
ECR: 6
Discipline: Beastmaster(6)/Warrior (1)
Downtime: Animal Training - step 16 (Rank 6)

Sagarmatha does not wish to get wet.

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:45 am

AAR

Player Rewards
Azurea: 7,500 Legend, 325 sp, 3 TIP's, 650 sp alchemical reagents
Temur: 7,500 Legend, 650 sp, 3 TIP's
Moe'uhane: 7,500 Legend, 650 sp, 3 TIP's
Nez: 7,500 Legend, 650 sp, 3 TIP's

GM Reward: Langren: 13,000 Legend, 775 sp, 3 TIP's

Downtime actions:
Moe'uhane: Research - step 9
Nez: Animal Training - step 16 (Rank 6)
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xzandrate

Re: AAR: [6M] Rubber Ducky, You're the One (2020/7/20 at 23:00 GMT)

Post by Xzandrate » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:03 am

From the writings of Moe'uhane, T'skrang Illusionist, 6th Circle, Messenger Rank 6

I was enjoying the newest tales and plays in the theatre district when a small foxel scampered up the leg and onto my table. It stared at me briefly and I offered it some of my biscuit. Shortly there after the troll owner came into view. Azurea explained that she was looking for some help to recreate the baths of the floating city, but the local merchants had little to no supplies. I was not incredibly surprised by this, so I agreed I would help her to retrieve what she needed. Adventure calls yet again, and I answer it's call willingly. She had also recruited Temur as well as Nez and Sagarmatha. She explained we would need to breach deep into the Servos Jungle to retrieve elements from a Purple Osier Willow, and a Passiflora flower. From her chosen companions, I felt like I provided the least practical knowledge of the jungle, but provided further descriptions and illusory reminders of the correct scents and feels of the baths to better assess the various other reagents we encountered.

We took the well travelled path to Irondelve, Azurea gushed about how good the spring was here and how she may just set up her spa here once the mission was completed. We started into the jungle following Temur's lead. He had a new spirit with him, he had introduced us over the course of the journey. This was Tulaany Egch, a spirit mount he had rescued from a spirit realm, and Ayanga had been passed down to a new Spirit Rider from his clan. Tulaany spoke to us within our mind and considered us family, she was rather intelligent and understanding of the happenings for the real world. With such a well equipped party, we had little trouble but for the insects for most of the journey. We had been following mostly streams and rivers assuming the vegetation would be close to water. We were happily wading through some very cleansing river mud when Nez and Azurea called out something laying in wait up ahead. espagra, a various assortment of them. They prowled forward and tried to allow all of the pack to get in range. Unfortunately for them, they were in range, of Tulaany and Temur. They tore over the river and through the brush swinging low from the saddle and swinging up through the beasts neck, with the head rolling into the river. The beasts seemed particularly resilient to Nez's influence and would not flee when he commanded on to. Two of the beasts sprang upon Temur, thinking him out of position. But Azurea flanked them and loosed a hail of shadowy daggers to show one the mistake it had made. I deigned to press our numbers advantage with the illusory doppelgangers of Phantom Warrior. Nez tore into one of these obstinate beasts, and Sagarmatha gave quick lick of the wound before his eyes went wide and he latched onto the things gurgling throat. Azurea seems acutely accurate in her correlation of cuteness to death ration when it comes to Sagarmatha. Temur and Tulaany galloped across the field once more, this time loosing bolts at the ones trying to hide within the trees. My attention was again drawn to the bursting of crystal, it seems one of the espagra had attempted to leap upon Azurea, making her angry. The espagra learned it would not like Azurea when she's angry. As it reeled from the set of shadowy daggers pinning it to the ground, I unleashed the flames of a Phantom Fireball upon it. Temur and Tulaany charged back into the fray and like the repetitive waves of the river, swung low and loosed the head of a second beast. The final creature quickly assessed the very slim chances of dinner tonight and fled. Azurea tended to the wounded and we rested for a while. We made our way towards a clearing where we found a number of brushes grew with a small purple catkins growing upon them. This was one of our goals I was advised. We skinned the bark off of some of them and collected the sappy tar from within attempting to do minimal damage to the plants.

We slept the night and began to push on to where the flowers may be. There had been reports of a ravine covered in vines that lead to a hidden garden. We found our way to this ravine and were waylaid by what may have been stalking and scaring away other predators for our entire trip through the Servos. Hulking velos swung down upon us. I was caught completely off guard as I was attempting to capture the memory of this valley for later use in stories. Temur and Tulaany charged off and struck a distant Velos, while one descended upon Nez. A third fell upon me from behind, the force of the blow knocking me flat on my back. As he loomed over me though, I heard the distinctive sound of shadowy blades lodging in a predictable pattern across his back. The look of surprise on his face told me to roll to the side as he fell face forward on the ground beside me with a second set of daggers putting him to sleep. I could hear Nez and Sagarmatha fighting another one behind me. As I caught up with the battle that had erupted around me, I saw the first sign of struggle between rider and mount, Temur swung left while Tulaany positioned right. Temur's wild swing did helpfully position the Velos in the right position to catch the full force of Tulaany's kick however. Nez and Sagarmatha continued to hold off the one that was apparently about to try and finish me off. Valiant little heroes defending me against a giant. I turned in time to see Azurea land more daggers into another Velos as one came lunging at my prone body. Luckily my investment at the Bolg Forge paid off again. As I scrambled backwards, I remembered to center my thoughts let my opponent move into the spell as I had seen Reyis do before. As the roar started out of his mount I unleashed the bolt of green energy that pushed him onto his back. Nez and Sagarmatha finished the one they were dealing with, while Tulaany took it upon herself to not let Temur embarrass them again and stomped on the last one.

Azurea tended to my wounds, the cold and soothing magic was quite refreshing and seemed to not only lessen the wound, but also revitalized me as well. We then made our way through the ravine and found ourselves in a beautiful garden of white flowers with petalled centres. We gathered as many as Azurea deemed necessary while she again gathered various other reagents. With our target crop achieved, we gathered other flora as we exited the Servos. We returned to Throal with enough extra alchemical materials to nicely fund our expedition with some profits to be split, even after Azurea squirreled away some for herself. A nice change of pace to the new and imminent threats I've been encountering lately. Just Barsaive being Barsaive, and exploring it with comrades.

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:20 am

The Written Histories of Nez and Sagarmatha

Azurea enlisted Sagarmatha and myself to head into the Servos to get some tree tar and feathers for some sort of spa? Sagarmatha and I do not know why they would wish to get wet. But yet here we are heading deep into the Servos jungle with a lasting feeling as we are being watched.

As we search for the tar we are attacked by a pack of Espagra. These desperate creatures had banded together and must have been starving as they fought long with only one fleeing before they were killed. It saddened me as I did try to dominate the beast to warn them it was not worth it but he stayed and fought. Azurea took a nasty hit but we beat off the five Espagra fairly quickly.

After searching the jungle we then came upon the flowers that Azurea required. We also ran into the biggest lizard looking folks I have seen. Although as I say that Sagarmatha reminds me that they were smart enough to set up an ambush for us in a very dense portion of the jungle. It also feltlike they were the ones watching us for some time. Sagarmatha and I were able to catch a glimpse of the creatures before they attacked but unfortunately Moe did not. Moe took a large hit from one of these corrupted things. Even with the hit on Moe we were able to control the battle and work together better than the giant T’skrang looking things and the battle quickly turned.

All in all it was a good week under the stars. Maybe the Library of Throal knows what these cursed T'Skrang are.

bronzemountain

Journal: Temur Tengerkhan

Post by bronzemountain » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Song of the Immortal Sky - Part 13.

Know that the Baths of the Passions in the Floating City of the Children of the Serpent are a boon to the flesh and a balm to the spirit.
Know that Temur of the Monkhiin-Tenger did have occasion to enjoy these baths and was much taken with them.
Know that Azurea of the Cold Shadow did also enjoy these baths and had worried the secret of bath salts from a local alchemist.

Together with Moe'Uhane the River-of-Truth, and Nez Great-Claw, they did venture into the Servos Jungle, where all life grows great and large, to collect those herbs and tree tar and flowers necessary for the completion of these bath salts.

Know that Temur and Nez were wise in the ways of the forest, of leaf and root and in the way that prey hides from hunters.
Know that Temur had a Rider's eye for the terrain, and they did not get lost though the Servos closed about them and sought to confound them with its leafy labyrinth.
Know that Azurea and Moe'Uhane were keen of senses and aware of all dangers.

Approaching the place where purple willows grow, these heroes were set upon by the jungle, in the form of tiny dragons. Wise folk know them as Espagra, these little dragons with their beautiful hides and vicious claws.

Know that some of them spit, some of them hide, and all of them attack swiftly and often.
Know that none of this mattered.

Mounted on Tulaany Egch, his Sister in Battle, Temur did make war upon the Espagra. Each charge slew one where it stood, stupefied at the speed and thunderous power of rider and steed in perfect concert. From unseen places did Azurea strike, with icy shadows shaped into wicked large knives. And little Nez with the great claws, well matched with little Sagarmatha with the killer's spirit, did show themselves as red in tooth and claw as nature herself.

Know that this battle took roughly ten seconds.
Know that I am not shitting you. For real.

The tree tar from the willows was collected, and this was peaceful work. Good work. Heroes working together to understand the plants and what could be taken from them and used without harm. There was wisdom and laughter and companionship in this time.

While finding their way to the flowers that Azurea needed, these heroes were ambushed by Children of the Serpent. But these were no normal T'skrang. No, for nothing in the Servos is as expected.

Know that these Children of the Servos were as tall as the Obsidifolk, and just as broad in shoulder.
Know that they had savage implements and savage demeanor and that they looked upon the heroes with hunger and not greed.
Know that I am straight up telling you that they were giant cannibal T'skrang.
Know that I do not lie, scribe, and I will cause you pain should you accuse Temur of this again and lo, here is the body of one, wrapped in salt and also in burlap. (Editor: By the Passions, he brought the body into the Great Library. I can't keep doing this. I already have nightmares about Hurlg. That said, it does indeed appear to be a T'skrang of unusual size and further research is warranted.)

Just as the heroes had no particular difficulty with little dragons, so too did they deal with giant T'skrang with ease. They spent the rest of their time picking flowers, and Azurea did promise to share some of the bath salts with Temur, who in turn wished to share baths with Tuya.

Know that this story has ended. Know that this story continues.

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Hey there family and loved ones,

Sorry, it took me so long to write to you, but I have been terribly busy trying to acquire the right to move to a new place and start up a business of sorts. You see for a while now I have been thinking and well… obsessing about the wonderful baths at that place I told you at Lake Bane. While at the bathhouse I purchased the bath salts from them, and I have run out so I thought I could make my own and hopefully be able to share them with others. I write to you so that you can hold onto the recipe in case something happens to me and you are in need of time to soothe your mind due to my departure. I recently went on an adventure with my friends to acquire all the ingredients but I will write about that later.

Ingredients:

4 Large Jars
20 oz of Epsom Extra Fine salt
3 oz of Extra Fine Pink Salt
3 oz of Medium Pink Salt
3 oz of Coarse Pink Salt
1/4 a cup of Rosewater
1 teaspoon of Purpul Osier Tar
3 Tablespoons of Jungle Passiflora essence

Poor Rosewater into a separate bowl small bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Epsom salt and all the other sizes of pink sea salt. Mix together.
Add the Jungle Passiflora essence and Mix in thoroughly
Add the Purpul Osier Tar to help stick the salts together. Transfer the salt to the jars. Wet hands with Rosewater to help pack down the jars. Store the salts in a dry cool place. When ready to use open jar and add a large handful to hot bath water.

Enjoy,
Azurea