AAR: [4M] Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm

LFG: Paradox of Supply and Demand
Time: 2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT
GM: Xzandrate
Difficulty: 4 Medium

Rumor: Benjamin Daicar and Gerald Daicar have a pre-scourge map leading to an abandoned mine at the foot of Griffin Falls. They wish to re-establish the mine as a source of gemstones and crystals for enchanting. There is talk of an adept who wishes to commune with a spirit of water, and that may help deal with the spiritual guard of the mine.

Benefit: increased flow of alchemical items - can count as deed for Paradox of Water

Note: (7 Eastern)
Last edited by Xzandrate on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

Re: [4M] Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Name: A'horangi Ha'hana Syrtis
ECL: 4
Discipline: Monk
Quote/Unique: "Respectfully, I must now punch you."
Notable Abilities: Very polite dinosaur.
Downtime: Research 1/16 (+3 for 20sp), Item History 3/19
Last Game Played: 2020-07-11 (A'horangi: Return to the Tower)
This is a secondary character. But this is my request.

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:50 pm

This is a secondary character
Name: Elisen
Last played on: 2020-07-10
ECR: 4 (9450lp)
Discipline: Cavalryman 4
Quote/Unique: Deliverance flies on silent wind
Notable Abilities: Zoak power! (and a last chance salve)
Downtime: Animal training step 14 (10 + karma)
Last edited by sigfriedmcwild on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

verse86

Post by verse86 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Name: Thorkell Gulbrandsen
Date of Last Game Played: 7/11/2020 Return to the Tower (Up, Upandal Pt 2)
Circle: 4
Discipline: Weaponsmith
Unique: Thorkell brings the downtime activities. Besides that he is a perceptive and tanky troll.
Downtime:
[Forge Weapon] (11+4)
[Item History] (11+4)
[Craftsman] (11+4+4) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor
[Research] (10)

predajey

Re: LFG: [4M] Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT)

Post by predajey » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played:July 11
ECR: 4
Discipline: Sword Master...or Spear Master, depending on popular opinion.
Unique: Spears, Shield, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat.

Quote: "Oooo, shiny."

Lashana

Post by Lashana » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Name: LaShana
Last played on: 2020-07-10
ECR: 3 (8400LP)
Discipline: Thief 3
Quote/Unique: Man, that was fun! Let’s do it again!
Notable Abilities: Um, do you do you need in there? Cause I can I help with that
Downtime: drinking and finding trouble

verse86

Post by verse86 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:48 am

A'horangi has asked for my help with a task, a journey to Griffin Falls to commune with a water spirit. With how much she helped me with the tower, I am excited to repay even a small piece of my debt. Her trip is fortunately funded by a mining company owned by two men by the name of Ben and Jerry.

We pass through Clear Creek Crossing. The construction goes much slower without Darrelon's guidance. I may have to take some time to help in honor of her work.

We made it into the jungle. Night is the bane of my existence. No sooner do I open my eyes than skulls harass me from every direction. I was informed later that this was an effect of these Death moths that so rudely interrupted our sleep. After many adventures with my companions, it came as no surprise when we fended them off easily. Poor Lashana got the worst of it, the poison paralyzed her for fifteen minutes. The humor of this is that she pierced one of the moths quite profusely, but can not remember it due to the poison. Vralino moved her to her hammock to sleep it off.

We came upon a Brithan. Elisen was hoping to tame it, but we were attacked by some tigers. The first tiger was dispatched summarily. Unfortunately the second one got a good chunk of my hide. Unfortunately, the brithan was the bigger threat so I was left mostly to grapple with the tiger. Fortunately a well placed arrow from Lashana saved me. Just then, the brithan grabbed Vralino. We were able to pry her loose and defeat the beast. Inspiration. The tigers take tried to take my hide. Now I will take theirs. I'm in need of new armor and hide armor is quite effective.

We finally found our destination, a beautiful waterfall. A'horangi later told us the water spirit required him to clear out the mines behind its waterfall before it would divulge the information she wanted.

In the cave we heard this weird humming that grew louder the further in we went. These strange dwarf like creatures with claws instead of hands. A'horangi was hypnotized and said we could trust them, that was until it clawed her thigh. It then latched onto me and started chewing. Fortunately A'horangi was able to get it off of me. The other one latched onto Elisen. Vralino was there to pry the monstrosity off of him. I couldn't get my wits about me. Without my armor, I could not focus on combat. I am fortunate to have such reliable companions.

By the glistening hammer of Upandal! The cave has living crystal! I must make meticulous notes on how to return. These crystals will make a fine component to my planned great armor. And the passions are on my side. A'horangi has informed me that the water spirit is amenable to us mining the crystal. But until then, I must craft a placeholder.
Success. I have crafted my armor. The tiger hide is used across most of the body as it provides a most stunning display. I have fashioned the bear claws into spaulders. They are must intimidating. The final feature is the brithan head. I have fashioned it into a helmet. It's horns alongside mine definitely strike an imposing image.
Last edited by verse86 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 am

AAR: : Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-12)
GM: Xzandrate
ECR: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
A'horangi: 2,200 LP, 375 SP, 3 TIPs.
Elisen: 2200lp 375sp 3 TIP
Thorkell: 2200lp 375sp 3 TIP
Vralino: 2200lp 375sp 3 TIP
Lashanna: 2200lp 375sp 3 TIP

Alternate Rewards:
Discount Blood Charms

Journal Reward: +110 LP, +93.8 SP
GM Reward: Lazulin (1400 LP, 275 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:
A'horangi: Research 1/16 (+3 for 20sp), Item History 3/19
Elisen: Animal training step 14 (10 + karma)
Thorkell: [Forge Weapon] (11+4)
[Item History] (11+4)
[Craftsman] (11+4+4) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor
[Research] (10)

Summary:
The Players ventured to Griffin Falls, they communed with the spirit and opened a new mine of crystal and gemstones

Lashana

Re: AAR: [4M] Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT)

Post by Lashana » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:09 am

Another awesome adventure with A'horangi. She's awesome. So smart. Almost as cool as my bestie. She sure does like the water, never passes up a chance to get in and swim. So, anyway we (and by we I mean she) got approached by these two guys Bob and Joe.....Jeff and Beck? No! Ben! Ben and Jerry! They wanted to like pay for our trip into to explore for A'horangi's bracelet. Which was weird, but really who are we to look a gift Zoak in the mouth? So we took their money and let them pay for our trip. Why wouldn't we?
We moved through the jungle through the day without any real trouble and then settled in for sleep and watch schedule. Seemed to be going smoothly until my watch, of course (or so i've been told) when some Death moths set upon us. I was told I was able to sound the alert before they could surprise which is good I guess. And I apparently got in a good shot before I got knocked out cold for like EVER. And I don't remember any of that. Hmmmppphh! Did wake up in that sweet little hammock. I need to get me one of those.
Next thing we encountered was one of the strangest things yet. A bear, with horns! That's something you don't see everyday! And I hope to never run into THAT again. Because at the same time we also had TWO tigers spring out at us. We had our hands full. GOODNESS could that bear hug
But we were FINALLY able to make it to the waterfall. A'horangi stripped and plunged into the pool and swam towards the waterfall. There was a strange human like shape in the water that she seemed to be talking to. After a bit she came back and told us that we needed to cleanse the caves in order for the water person to help her.

THAT REQUIRED GOING BEHIND THE WATERFALL!!!!! Which I did after inside climbing into A'horangi's backpack to protect me wings. Once inside the cave system there was this loud hypnotic hum that seemed to have sucked her in and caused her to walk right into danger. She did not seem to see there giant claws, even when asked if we could trust them. That was until they bit her. And then attacked Thorkell. And then it was on. A'horangi and Thorkell against one of the weird stooped moss covered dwarf things and Elisen and Vralino against the other. I was taking shots at both of them from farther away.
Once both of them were down we were able to see the walls were all shiney. And Thorkell gave me some of the shiney to add to my own horde. I've tucked it away for safe keeping. Especially from Mayday. He really likes the shiney stuff. Little rascal. On the way out A'horangi talked to the water person again and now her bracelet is even cooler. She let me fiddle with it a few times.
Lastly on the way out, we went back through the spa area and the flirty windling that flirted with Elisen last time winked at me and then asked me to hang out later that evening. For once I was not second or third fiddle windling. Teehehehehe

predajey

Re: AAR: [4M] Paradox of Supply and Demand (2020-07-15 @ 23:00 GMT)

Post by predajey » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 am

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, a 15 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. At this point, she has found value in a small circle of friends and has even begun networking socially for jobs. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

So I was hanging out with Jerry at the Bedrock Bar, wonderful place to talk about things while people watching, and he and his brother Ben were looking for help making a safe passage to some mines in the Servos Jungle. The next day, I went to go find Thorkell, and it turned out that Rangi also needed to go somewhere in that area to talk to some water lady or some such. It was perfect! We can go with Rangi to do her water conversation and get paid for it! I'm so awesome. Networking is easy! We gathered up LaShana, and Elisen found their way into the party as well. It's another road trip!

You'd think by now one of us would have learned to navigate. I think I was lost the entire way there. Luckily Rangi was able to keep us on course.
It's a good thing she knew where she had to go for the water lady. I guess she helped me more than I helped her.
Thorkell and Shana kept watch to make sure we didn't have any surprises. During one of the stops, we got ambushed by some floating skull looking things. It's a good thing Shana saw them. She warned me, woke everyone up, then disappeared! I can't believe she ran like that, although she is a bit squishier than most of us. For some reason, Thorkell couldn't move. Rangi told me to go help Shana while she protected Thorkell. I wasn't too keen on the plan, but Thorkell didn't even get touched! One of these days, I'll be that good at protecting people.

As we approached the place with the water lady, we came across a Brithan. As Elisen approached the thing, Shana saw a tiger! It pounced on Elisen, and we had to fight it off. While we were doing that, a second tiger went after Shana! Thorkell went to go help her, but the Brithan was quickly approaching. I stepped in front of it to keep it away from the rest of my party. Once the tigers were dealt with, the Brithan grabbed me up in a bear hug!!! Then it started biting me! Rangi, who had avoided the fight up until now, was able to give me enough leverage to break free from the Brithan's grip. Everyone attacked it at the same time, and I ended up finishing it off. Stupid Brithan.

We got to the lake where the water lady was. Rangi went to go talk to it, but I was just splashing in the lake. Shana was hiding in a backpack. Then Rangi took us into a cave behind a waterfall. Inside, there were a couple of stone looking dwarvish things covered in moss. For some reason, Rangi went to go talk to one of them. If I weren't in the back of the entrance, I would have known these things weren't smart enough to talk to. It was a mistake either way for the things, since Rangi was able to break free. Then the other one latched onto Elisen. It took a couple tries, but I was able to break them free. We finished these things off, and Thorkell was muttering to himself about the crystals. Shana was taken by the stones as well. I'm not sure Ben would be happy if we took any with us, but they were well earned rewards, considering what we had to fight to get here.

When we walked back out, Rangi talked to the water lady again, then rejoined us with a new bracelet. It was covered in moving water. Shana hates water, and she was marveling over it. We returned to Throal to tell Ben and Jerry about our success and were paid promptly. I hope they don't have any issues with their crews going there. It was pretty deep in the Jungle.