AAR:(6M) Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here. (2020-07-05 @ 20:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

LFG: Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here.
Time: 2020-07-05 @ 20:00 GMT (4pm EDT) Updated to correct date. please note.
GM: Xzandrate
Difficulty: 6 Medium

Rumor: With the recovery of the Arngeir, Helga Brightmore and Dorsha Mennanir have been working every connection they have to help restart the Throalic Air Navy. The biggest hurdle will be consistent sources of true air. The Trolls of the Broken Spear moot have legends of some of the best mining places above the skys of the Throalic mountains and have agreed to help the Aeronaut Club in learning to navigate to these nodes.

Benefit: Push forward the agendas of Throal and the Aeronaut Club.

NOTE:
This will be an Airship based adventure, air sailing classes will be given priority.
Please indicate if you have windcatcher or any means of flight if you sign up.
Last edited by Xzandrate on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dougansf

Re: LFG:(6M) Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here. (2020-07-04 @ 20:00 GMT)

Post by Dougansf » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Name: Sandrin
Effective Circle Rating: 6 (61,545 LP)
Discipline: Air Sailor 6 / Troubadour 2
Unique: Melee, Social, Thrown, and Navigation
Last Time Played: 6/29/2020

Downtime: Craft Weapon at Step 7 (Rank 1) (Weapons up to Damage 2, 1 Day per Size)
Item History at Step 13 (Rank 3)
Research at Step 9 (Step 12 with Library)

Special note: Air Sailing Rank 6, Wind Catcher Rank 4
Last edited by Dougansf on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Name: Norg
Last played on: 2020-06-29
ECR: 6 (57645lp)
Discipline: Gauntlet 6 / Air Sailor 1
Quote/Unique: Endure, in enduring grow strong
Notable Abilities: PUNCH! JUMP! some awareness, some wilderness survival, the worst physician this side of the mountains
Downtime: none

Air Sailing 1
Windcatcher 1
Last edited by sigfriedmcwild on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus-Wolfswift

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:12 pm

Name: icarus
Effective Circle Rating: 5
Discipline: Air Sailor 5
Unique: Melee, Social, Navigation, and team building exercises
Last Time Played: 6/21/2020

Shokunin

Post by Shokunin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Name: Vlolkir
Effective Circle Rating: 7 (125,285 LLP)
Discipline: Skyraider
Unique: Smashing and screaming
Last Time Played: 6/27/2020
Downtime: N/A
Special note: Wind Catcher Rank 4, Downstrike Rank 8, Come At Me Bro Rank 99

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Please remember that the exit closest to you might be behind you.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:02 am

time slot changed, and the new one doesn't work out for me. sorry.

Brian L

Re: LFG:(6M) Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here. (2020-07-05 @ 20:00 GMT)

Post by Brian L » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:28 pm

If you are short bodies.....
Not an an Air Sailor, but willing to wear the sexy stewardess gear.

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: June 30
Circle: ECR-6
Discipline: Shaman (4)/Monk (2)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (4) Step 10; Research (3) Step 19; Item History (3) Step 19; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 pm

AAR: : Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here. (2020-06-29)
GM: Xzandrate
ECR: 6
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Vlolkir: 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIPs
Icarus - 7500 LP 650 SP 3 TIP's
Norg 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIP's
Norg 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIP's
Sandrin - 7500 LP, 405 SP, 3 TIP's, Dex Step 7 Training

Alternate Rewards:
discounted Dex and Strength training
Last Grasp Blood Charm (100sp)
Discount Air Sailing Skill Training

Journal Reward: +375 LP, +162.5 SP
GM Reward: Lazulin (200 LP, 150 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:
Sandrin - Craft Weapon at Step 7 (Rank 1) (Weapons up to Damage 2, 1 Day per Size)
Item History at Step 12 (Rank 2)
Research at Step 9

Reyis - Animal Training (4) Step 10; Research (3) Step 19; Item History (3) Step 19; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Summary:
The Adepts have successfully navigated the Arngeir to the node of True Air and back. The lessons of the Broken Spears will go a long way to instructing the rest of the Aeronaut Club. The perils mean that a second ship will need to be constructed to protect the mining ship.

Shokunin

Re: AAR:(6M) Your Exits are Here, Here, and Here. (2020-07-05 @ 20:00 GMT)

Post by Shokunin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:53 am

From A Loosely Tied Sheet Of Papers Titled 'Vlolkir'

I have been out from the kaer, I have been far, more than many. I have not been on a voyage, I have not been on an airship, I have not seen the sky as a master of the wind. These things change. I am told Throal wants airships, I am told the need for air kernels holds this back. There is a ship that will go to find 'true air' as the elemetalists say. I care little for this, I wish to be among the clouds the way raiders should be.

I go with others from throal in a ship that was made to look like a drakkar but is not. One I know and that is Norg. The others I have not seen before. Some are air sailors, and one is a magician who I have not heard of. We go with a crew of fine trolls of a moot from the Throal mountains. They bring their own rope, as I have heard it is done when the warriors of a boat are not adepts. The Throal people give us charms they brought from Travar, I have not been to Travar, but it sounds a fine place for adventure. We leave in good clip, and the Wind is with us. I have spent much time in the dark and in the holes of dwarfs since the kaer opened, but now I am home. This is the grand beauty I had been promised.

Along our way to what the trolls call the screaming cliffs there are some birds, one of the sailors sends one away quietly in the strange way I have seen Jael and Karl do, the other we kill easily. It looks like the bird wanted to carry off crew and eat them in some far nest. This day it made a mistake as there is a raider on this boat, as things should be. Then, we finally make the cliffs. As we heave anchor, something in the wind whispers to me. Things come rushing over the rail and strike at Sandrin, and we are beset by creatures like large trenchers with long tails that our blades seem to slip through. Strange beings live in this world above that the tales never tell of. We turn to, and strike mightily at these strange flying circles. My back is turned and I hear screams from one of the Air Sailors, the Human Icarus. There are new creatures, they look like a kind of griffin, or not. I am no beastmaster. With leaps and great strikes we lay into our boarders as they are. When the deck is slick with blood, we are standing, some straighter than others, the softness of air sailors is a legend that has been proven, and our ensign still flies.

I have taken no wounds or blows, but we will still hove-to for the night. In the nigh I see a thing though. Or, for honor, Sandrin sees a thing and I confirm it. A flare of light, light and dark by turn. I have heard of such things. I hear legends of Travar, and citadels, how they were covered by veils of blinding light. We wake the others, and they see the light. We decide to make for the light and to see who is making it. But, as we get underway and make for the light, we see a strange thing. It is a mass, all in motion, of something. Then, others say they can see an island, but it is in the sky so it is no island. Parts of the motion come away, and as they draw close others say they know of these things, and that they are horrorspawn. Good, it has been long since I have freed a place from the vile taint. We lay into the oars and trim the sail for flank speed. But closer we see more, a thing, like a wyvern. It is not, likely it is fully corrupted. I listen for the words of my Brothers of the Path, but I hear nothing. There is grave danger if such a this is unknown. Good. Such a deed should be its own reward, but the songs would be welcome too. I hear the others talk of running, and sad it is that I could not face such a thing alone else they would taste the back of my hand before the twisted beast tasted Crush. The whole crew turns to run, and I set lines to heel over and make for the ground.

With great sadness there is running from this fight, but some small joy in the roar of the Wind and the bare edge of skill seeing us safe through peaks and canyons of the mountaintops. The hated foe is left behind. The others say they will not go else but back to Throal. We go, but I hope to have a time to return soon.