AAR: [5M] Tonguetwister (2020-07-02 2330 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:14 pm

LFG: Tonguetwister
Time: 2020-07-02 23:30 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Circle: 5
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: Icarus recently was involved in a wedding convoy that was assaulted by a group of T'Skrang Pirates, in this skirmish Icarus met the captain of this group Ke'shof a female T'Skrang. He awe struck by her and accidentally fell in love with the women hired to kill him. After the fight she was taken away by T'Skrang riverboat men to be ransomed back to her tribe. Icarus afraid he might never see this glorious swash buckler again took her hat and a very important looking ear ring in hopes that will force a re-connection of the two.

Icarus was hoping to head on over to the area around lake Ban and learn more about the local T'Skrang Tribes in hope that he might learn how to speak the T'Skrang dialect in order to impress Ke'Shof when they meet again.

Requested by: Icarus
Reward: Half-priced skill training (languages)
Benefit: Better relations with rich dinosaur people

Notes:
- Adventure runs at 7:30pm EDT on Thursday, July 2nd

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by bronzemountain on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian L

Re: LFG: [5M] Tonguetwister (2020-07-02 2330 GMT)

Post by Brian L » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: June 30
Circle: ECR-6
Discipline: Shaman (4)/Monk (2)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (4) Step 10; Research (2) Step 10; Item History (2) Step 10
Plays well with others and shares toys.
Last edited by Brian L on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus-Wolfswift

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:42 pm

Name: Icarus
Date of Last Game Played: 6/21/20
Discipline: Air Sailor
Unique: Team building exercises
Downtime:

iceface9

Post by iceface9 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Unexpected time conflict can’t make it
Last edited by iceface9 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:44 am

Name: Moe'uhane
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-06-27
ECR: 6
Discipline: Illusionist(6)/Messenger (4)
Unique: Enhanced matrix, buffs, some socials, Pretend fireballs
Downtime: Research - step 9

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Name: Azurea
Last Played: June 28 2020
Circle: ECR 5 [Cicle 5]
Discipline: Shadow (5)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude (or as some may call me Cheerful Sneaky Murder)
Downtime: Nothing:
Last edited by LadyDragoon on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Name: Langren
Last played: 7/1/2020
ECR: 5
Discipline: Shaman
Quote/Unique: This land is a wonder, simply waiting for us to embrace its lessons.
Notable Abilities: Support and offensive magics, healing, good with animals, some investigative abilities.
Downtime:
  • Animal Training (16)
  • Research (9), may pay 20 sp for +3 steps due to library access

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:52 pm

Tonguetwister 2020-07-02 @2200 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Moe'uhane - 4000 LP, 475 SP, 3 TIPS
Icarus Wolf-Swift - 4000 LP, 475 SP, 3 TIPS
Reyis: 4000 LP, 475 SP, 3 TIPS (+ one Saural)
Langren: 4000 LP, 475 SP, 3 TIPS
Alt: 50% off Skill Training, Common Magic Items

Journal Rewards:
200 Legend, 118.8 Silver

GM Reward:
Temur: 3 TIPs, 7,500 LP, 650 SP

Downtime Actions Available:
Langren: Animal Training 4/10, Research 3/12 (assuming 20sp spent for library access)
Reyis: Animal Training 4/10
Moe'Uhane: Research 9

Further Information:
Captain Wesithral Ayero V'strimon and her riverboat, the Chatterbox, have mapped the Adipae Rapids and, for the first time in history, navigated the Coil all the way from Lake Ban to Kampung Gajah. People in Throal are already butchering her name, localizing it to 'Westhrall'. Diplomats and merchants are beginning conversations between Throal and V'strimon. Meanwhile, the River King has been calmed, and tensions between V'strimon and K'tenshin dominate the southern reach of the Serpent River.

Xzandrate

Re: AAR: [5M] Tonguetwister (2020-07-02 2330 GMT)

Post by Xzandrate » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:13 pm

From the writings of Moe'uhane, T'skrang Illusionist, 6th Circle, Messenger Rank 4

Icarus Wolf-swift had become smitten on our last adventure together. The river pirate Ke'shof Nixu of house Ishkarat had swooped in, insulted his manhood, and stolen his heart. During one of his more recent indulgences at the Pale T'skrang, he came to the conclusion that he needed to find her and someone once told him T'skrang were in Lake Ban. Regardless of how much I, a T'skrang, tried to convince him that he was heading the wrong direction his mind was set and he started making plans. The opportunity was too good to waste, and I wouldn't leave Icarus to navigate the waters of T'skrang culture by himself.

He collect a few faces I have known; Azurea, and Reyis. In addition, another Shaman I had not yet encountered. A human named Langren. In an effort to move more efficiently, I spun up Flying Carpets for everyone in the group. Azurea is rather slim and muscular for a troll, which allowed the carpet to carry her with ease. The weather wasn't always the best, but flying in the rain isn't much worse than walking in the rain. It may have in fact been preferable, as there was no mud to deal with, and we escaped its area slightly quicker. After four days of flight, we approached Kampung Gajah. We could see from the air that the niall was bustling with people, and in the river we could see the pair of Kampung Gajah riverboats, as well as a third. We drew the attention of many of the T'skrang upon the ground once our presence was noticed, it's not every day a weave of carpets flying in. This was most obvious by the fact that the Lahalla came to investigate. We greeted her in reverence and asked everyone seemed to be in such high spirits and in such a rather presentable fashion. She suggested that we should join her to learn the secrets of the days rejoicing. She led us towards the river, where we got a better look at the third riverboat. This was a true riverboat, flags and pennons flying, water wheels on the side, this had a fire engine, and it appeared to fly the colours of house V'strimon. A rousing story could be heard from nearby, a vibrant T'skrang wearing a pair of sabers and a dagger boasted of the ride over the rocks and rapids. Obviously the captain of this fine vessel. We were introduces, Captain Wesithral Ayero V'strimon. She asked where we were from, and when we advised her we were Throalic adventurers, she gloated that they had just finished taking house Kampung Gajah from Throal. I didn't have the heart to inform her that Kampung Gajah was an independent niall, partnering with Throal, not under it's dominion.

She advised us that she was the first to crest the Adipae Rapids and thrust this far north upon the Coil, a very impressive boast to be sure, given an air of validity by the fact that she, her crew, and their riverboat was here in front of us. We exchanged the goals of our respective journeys, and as she was headed back to the Floating City, she agreed to our request to accompany her. Her terms were simple, the cost of travel would be to agree to join her crew aboard the Chatterbox until such time as she released us, or one month, whichever came first. I calmly accepted the terms, while my inner child did backflips. I would travel on a real river boat with a fire engine on some of the most legendary stretch of river in Barsaive, being part in something that had not been done in recorded history. This would be the very definition of adventure. I would have to provide a detailed re-telling to my Chaida upon return to Throal. She introduced us to the crew and pointed out the ranking officers. Bistang was the helmsman, I would stay close and study her in the ways of navigation and piloting. V'kangi was the first mate, she had a rather piratical look to her as well, with a bandolier of daggers about her and a wicked looking axe at her side. I was rather certain Azurea would get along famously with her and nudged her in that direction. It was also a bit of insurance to dissuade Icarus's wandering heart from being captured again. Finally Y'nesi was the quartermaster, responsible not for food, but for feeding the Fire Engine. He was covered in soot from head to toe. As much as I wished to fawn over him like an adolescent teenage human female would over a troubadour, I gave him his space, less I draw too much attention to myself.

Travel down the coil was swift, a journey that would have taken us a week plus was cut down to a mere three days. We charged down The Coil the first day, bringing us further than I had travelled previously. By midday the next day we could see the waters churning up ahead of us, and a call to brace and lash ourselves was given. We approached the Adipae Rapids. Bistang had a look of determination and fear upon her face, the weaving of a couple threads later and I steeled her resolve with an assuring touch. We crashed through the rapids, avoiding most of the jagged rocks we could see through the churning white water, with only the occasional echo of a rock strike upon the hull. In a matter of moments, we were through. The lower Coil became a serene joy ride from this point out. We passed a number of nialls and saw many skiffs and boats on the river. We came to the large glass like Lake Ban, and in the distance we could see the towers and reeds of the floating city. It was greater than the stories of my childhood could have every conveyed.

Wesithral slowly directed her crew on a winding approach into the city, we could seed the reeds in the lake hiding just below the surface working as a natural deterrent to would be attackers. We crossed into the city proper and were immediately surrounded by skiffs and gondolas ferrying people around. We passed the Plaza of Scarves, and the Plaza of Spices, both were exquisitely stocked and provided great works of culinary art to be created during our stay. Captain Wesithral advised we would be staying with the crew in the Central Foundation Housing, which I later found was not just a simple barracks, but housing for the most noble and celebrated members of the House. It was an honour to be afforded such consideration. V'kangi led Azurea to the promised 'better bath' that she had been searching for, as the Captain had to go and report her successes to the Council of Trade Covenants. I asked if we may also attend to present ourselves, as travellers from afar I felt that was the least of courtesy that we could do. She agreed, and advised that it would be a couple days. I enjoyed the very T'skrang luxuries of the city, admiring the flitting movements of our wind brothers, and the steady and sturdy constructions of our allied earth brothers. V'strimon is truly an exemplar of T'skrang ideals and how those mirrored the goals of Throal was inspiring. No more was this clear than by the ships of dishevelled humans being brought into the city. While the cynic in me initially feared they were being taken as slaves, the truth revealed the beauty of the world as always. These were refugees from a human settlement to the south, Vrosk. Their Kaer had been breached and the population had fought off the horrors for survival, possibly for decades. These weary souls were being given protection and comfort to rest after a long war, a respect given to the heroes they were.

We met with the Council of Trade Covenants representative a couple days later, one Adonya Nasven V'strimon. Wesithral gave the report of her success in Kampung Gajah, and addressed our presence. While I depend on my party in nature and defer to their great abilities, I felt I was best suited within the halls of diplomacy and acted as spokesman. I advised the council of our departure from Throal with the mission of reconnecting with our allies, and conveniently came across Capitan Wesithral. The passions must have blessed our reunion. While I advised that I could not speak on behalf of Throal in a diplomatic capacity, we would assure that diplomats made their way there. I also conveyed to them the greetings of house Syrtis whom had also recently re-established relations with Throal. This delighted the representative, she further inquired as to the status of other T'skrang Houses. I advised that we had unfortunately encountered a K'tenshin operative who was supporting a recently opened kaer that retained Theran loyalties, and that they were attempting to strong arm some free citizens of Barsaive. This elicited a guttural response at the mere mention of Thera. Before we could broach the subject of House Iskharat and the personal goals of our pilgrimage to V'strimon, one of the representative's advisors burst into the room quite frantic and apologetic. We were informed that the River King seemed to be causing a commotion. The exchange of looks and bare utterance of words had Captain Wesithral bounding out the door with us in tow. Before we burst from the offices, I turned to our host, bowed and thanked her for her time and that I would do my best to encourage more diplomatic envoys.

Windlings were hailed and directed as we hurried and they dashed off to collect the crew. As we arrived, all the crew (including our temporarily conscripted group) were at the Chatterbox or just arriving. We quickly boarded and pulled anchor. The Fire Engine once again roared and we lurched forward towards the river. We headed west, our party was to scout the banks for trouble, and we would be deployed to deal with it. A couple times as we made our way along the river, there appeared to be some obvious movement shadowing our boat. The suspicion was it was too obvious to be someone trying to conceal themselves, so we advised the captain and she set our group ashore in the launch. We scouted briefly and came across another group of T'skrang attempting quite poorly to stealthily scout along as well. Their immediate reaction was to draw weapons, their leader hissing that we could not be allowed to leave. Their archer picked me out, being the only T'skrang (perhaps because I was floating above a large rock outcrop on a carpet too). He advised his compatriots that he had marked me as the arrow glanced off my chain shirt (I must thank Dvarim next time I encounter him, the craftsmanship has been a relieve to both my body and tail). They leapt forward towards us, their leader stepping up to Icarus spitting an insult about his lack of tail. Channeling his drunken mastery, Icarus tried to turn to verify he in fact had no tail as the blow slide past his face. Reyis immediately moved to protect his staunchest friend, sending leopard spirits into the T'skrang's back and knocking him flat. In a karmic coincidence, a beastmaster and his lion pounced upon Reyis. Langren channeled the spirits of beasts into Azurea and stepped out of her way. At that point, it became time to work, the shadows flowed from behind her shield and Azurea protected the little windling the best way she knew how. The lion fell unconscious as the daggers melted away leaving just gaping wounds. I quickly confounded the enemy by generating doppelgängers of my party and let my tongue cut deep into the beastmaster as he mourned his pet. His focus on me was the first mistake, as it allowed Azurea to bury shadowy daggers in his back knocking him prone. He responded by leaping to his feet and rushing Azurea, his second mistake. The final of the T'skrang in an ongoing demonstration in the scale of ineptness snuck towards a distracted Langren giggling, though they did mange to land a few good blows. Their leader climbed to his feet, and shouted a taunt that confused Azurea sufficiently, then turned his attention back to Icarus just in time to catch the brunt of Icarus's weapon knocking him back to the ground. Reyis took revenge upon the beastmaster who had turned his back to him, allowing him to nap with his lion. As I assessed the battlefield, I turned to the two on Langren and loosed a Phantom Fireball of searing power. The weak minded fools began thrashing on the ground trying to extinguish the flames. At this point the archer cut his losses and burst into the jungle. We subdued and tied the remaining T'skrang and returned to the ship.

The T'skrang leader was unwilling to talk, regardless of the threat of allowing Azurea to do what she pleased with him. Little did he know that she was more likely to tend to his wounds and ensure his comfort now that he wasn't a threat. We had collected a whistle from the beastmaster and upon using it a loud and obnoxious sound spewed forth. We though this may be in part what may have riled up the River King, the other part the sporadic drums that we kept hearing. We made our way further up river towards the sound of drums. We quickly established signs we were in the correct location. The river was filled with boats and bodies fleeing the thrashing movement of trees on the shore. We laid eyes upon the River King as we rounded the bend. The Captain advised us to get to shore, I confirmed that she would collect the survivors and that there would be no ill feelings if we were forced to down the majestic creature in defense. As we landed upon the beach, the scope of that statement hit me, the River King was longer than the riverboat and a seething mass of thrashing muscle. We watched as it flipped unlucky T'skrang into the air and devoured them in a single snap. The cause of his distress became quickly apparent, a pair of acidic saurals were on it's back, burning into it's hide. Reyis worked on trying to sooth the River King as we all tried to dislodge the saurals. Icarus swiftly leapt upon the back of the River King, standing as still as I've ever seen him and slashing into the nearest saural. The splash of acid caused a quick flinch from him. The saurals both closed upon Icarus, leaving one vulnerable outside the safety of the divot it had created in the hide. Langren unleashed a burst of air knocking both saurals down, with one rolling off the back of the River King, Azurea and I unleashed our illusionary payloads and managed to fell the beast. From the corner of my eye I noticed a bright green glow emanating from the ring Icarus had given Reyis, and the River King began to thrash less vigorously. Icarus and then the second saural leapt from the back of the River King. Icarus drew the attention of the Saural and the River King, saving more T'skrang. As the shadowy blades lodged within the beast and it fell over, I turned towards the River King, whom Reyis continued to calm. As the River King began to choose his next meal I unleashed fog over it's mind. It did not last long, but the momentary pause allowed Reyis to draw his attention and lead him back into the river.

We made our way back to the ship, and the boastful Captain Wesithral was admiring our deeds. She complimented our Jik'harra and how we were able to handle the legendary beast without a scratch upon him from us. We worked over that area of the river for the next several hours, attending to wounded and collecting survivors. T'skrang moved to assist T'skrang, with a cold unease as they knew some were K'tenshin, and others were V'strimon. But the first loyalty of a House is to the river and it's people, and these two put the disagreements aside to help. We eventually returned to the Floating City of V'strimon, and were lauded further for our assistance. While there was a certain acclaim to retaining us for the full month, I believe Captain Wesithral was concerned of being eclipsed, and released us from our duties, our debt for transport considered paid. We languished around the city for a while longer, and then began the long trek back to Throal, since the Floating City is not as full of brash captains willing to forge over the Adipae Rapids as we could hope.

Xzandrate

Messenger Report

Post by Xzandrate » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:13 pm

**As the magic flows across the page the words come into view**

House V'strimon of Lake Ban have been staunch allies of Throal, but the lack of communication on their opening is beginning to cause some questions on their safety. Throalic Adepts on journey to establish communication and determine staus.

Faction: Kampung Gajah
Brief: Independent Niall - Throalic Trade Partner
Notable Actors: Lahalla Kampung Gajah

Faction: Chatterbox
Brief: Mothership of House K'tenshin
Status: First ship in recorded history to cross the Adipae Rapids
Notable Actors:
Captain Wesithral Ayero V'strimon
Bistang Ayero V'strimon (Helmsman, Elementalist)
V'kangi Enshi Vistrimon (First Mate, Raider)
N'nesi Tryrset V'strimon (Quartermaster, Weaponsmith)

Faction: House V'strimon
Brief: Major T'skrang house working from Lake Ban.
Status: Re-opened approx 1 yr agoe, working to re-establish trade and tariff
Notable Actors:
Adonya Nasven V'strimon (V'strimon Council of Trade Covenants representative)
Captain Wesithral Ayero V'strimon
Mothership Chatterbox

Faction: House K'tenshin
Brief: Major T'skrang house, status incomplete, working west of Lake Ban
Status: incomplete, performance of terrorist acts with legendary creature.
Notable Actors:
Unknown

Faction: The River King
Brief: Legendary Creature, appearance of Crocodile, size of possible dragonline proportions.

Throalic Assets: Adventuring guild Adepts

After Action Report: Adepts set out to determine status of House V'strimon for undetermined reasons. Upon arrival at Kampung Gajah, encountered representative of House V'strimon who had just negotated addition of Kampung Gajah to the K'tenshin Arapogoi. Adepts secured passage to House V'strimon Floating City in Lake Ban. Diplomatic relations established. Adepts assisted in quelling of K'tenshin terrorist act.

Positive first impression will lead to greater co-operation between K'tenshin and Throal. May be able to work as intermediary for re-introduction to House Syrtis to help secure mid reaches of the Serpent.

Suggest positive action in Floating City, placement and recruitment of active agents. Multiple Windlings whom may be suitable and agreeable to our goals.

Reporting Agent: Bearded Dragon

**The words vanish as the magic dissipates**