AAR: [3][M] The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts) (2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Icarus-Wolfswift
AAR: [3][M] The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts) (2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT)

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:03 am

LFG: The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts)
Time:2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT
GM: Hinroe (Icarus Wolf-Swift)
Circle: 3
Difficulty: Medium
Rumor: Lados Chance a local Throalic Musician has heard stories of a pre scourge Retreat that was made by a Legendary Troubadour named Rikka the Reveller. This retreat was made to be a place of celebration of the Troubadour discipline. Great parties were held there and when Rikka died her close friends turned the amphitheater into a memorial crypt that housed her remains in a sarcophagus.

Lados is looking for a group of adventurers to find and investigate the Retreat and retrieve a book of songs written by Rikka that was entombed inside her sarcophagus. These songs have never been heard by the people of Barsaive and would be a great contribution to the Throalic Institute of Arts and might even reveal some lost history from before the scourge.

please post your character as follows:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details]) 
Last edited by Icarus-Wolfswift on Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyDragoon

Re: LFG: [3][M] The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts) (2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT)

Post by LadyDragoon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:45 am

Name: Azurea
June 4 2020:
Circle: ECR 2
Discipline: Shadow (2)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude
Downtime: Nothing:

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 am

Name: Ursal Bouldercleave
Date of Last Game Played: 06/06/2020
ECR: 2
Discipline: Axemaster(2)
Unique: Axe and Axe accessories.
Downtime: Critique your fighting style and teach you axe.
Secondary Character

MadJaymilton

Post by MadJaymilton » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:51 am

Name: Torgun Neumani
Last time you (player) played: 5/24
Circle: ECR 3
Discipline: Swordmaster
Unique: I'm prettier than all of you.
Notable Abilities: Quick with my wit and with my blade.
Downtime: None.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Name: A'horangi Ha'hana Syrtis
ECR: 2
Discipline: Monk
Quote/Unique: "Respectfully, I must now punch you."
Notable Abilities: Very polite dinosaur.
Downtime: Please Stay Tuned
Last Game Played: 2020-06-04
This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:15 pm

This is a secondary character
Name: Elisen
Last played on: 2020-06-06
ECR: 2 (840LP)
Discipline: Cavalryman 2
Quote/Unique: Deliverance flies on silent wind
Notable Abilities: I believe I can fly, also am tiny
Downtime: Animal training step 12 (8 + karma)

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 pm

Name: Dalyor
Date of Last Game Played: Doesn't matter
Circle: 3
Discipline: Wizard
Unique: I have a social Skill!
Downtime: Research Rank 1 Step 12 (step 15 with library access)
Item History Rank 1 Step 12

Note: Secondary, but "my" request during GM-onboarding.

Icarus-Wolfswift

AAR:

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am

u]The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don'ts)[/u]
Time: 2020-6-12@8:00 GMT
GM: Hinroe/Icarus Wolf-Swift
Circle: 3M
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Dalyor: 3 TIPs 1,400 Legend. 275 Silver
Elisen: 3 TIPs, 1400lp, 225sp (2 booster potions)
Azurea: 3 TIPs, 1400lp, 265sp (Ursal Axe)

Journal Rewards:
70LP 68.8SP

GM Reward:

2,200LP 375SP Icarus

Downtime Actions Available:
Elisen: [Animal training/talent] [12 including karma]

Further Information:
The party was hired by Lados Chance to go to the foot hills around 44.11 and investigate the ruins of the revellers retreat. found the place, lost the life of Ursal and found the book of Rikka the reveller but did not find the body of her in the coffin.

LadyDragoon

Re: AAR: [3][M] The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts) (2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT)

Post by LadyDragoon » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:30 am

Hello my wonderful family,

It has been some time since I have written and I now am starting to feel the strain of loneliness invading my mind and body. I wish this letter carried the joys of my last letters, but I have faced heartache and confusion of a large amount I do not understand or know how to handle. I have never felt this weight of loss before.

Let me start at the beginning of this journey. One… Soap… It was not an unpleasant experience but not something I wish to voluntarily involve myself with again. It smelled o.k. but the taste is not something I would consider appetizing. Maybe it is a lizard thing or human thing but the troll in me can not find a reason yet to use it.
After leaving the tutorial on hygiene … I will have to look that word up later.. I was offered a job to go and get a book full of songs. On my journey, I had my best friend Axey with me, my friend the windling that rides a lizard and a very resourceful mage ( I think we are going to become close friends). We adventured out towards the cave when we came across a camp where someone was ambushed and left for dead (well they were dead before we got there). We then were jumped by bandits. What I don’t understand is why every time we go out of town on an adventuresome sort of evil person wants to hurt us. We are minding our own business and then poof outlaws. So we took care of them.

At this point, I came to realize that adventuring hurts. A lot. Don’t worry I am doing o.k. now but wow I didn’t know that the pointy end of things can hurt that much. I thought I was tougher.

So after our needed rest, we moved on to the cave where the book is supposed to be. There was a door that came to life asking a question. I now know that if there is a magical door asking for a password to use the word “Orange.” I don’t know why but it worked. So, of course, the cave was not empty.

This is where my story becomes sad. Just writing it is causing me to cry. We were outnumbered and these bat creatures came out of nowhere. Not just some stupid bat we found in Uncle Ma’anth’s closet but let’s just say they were huge. We tried so hard to kill them but at some point, we couldn’t hold them back. I feel like such a coward. My best friend Axey fell and I couldn’t save him. Before I could go get him we were being overrun. I fled. Oh my goodness I fled and left my best friend behind. How could I do such a thing? Forgive me, family, I am not worthy of returning until I travel to his home and explain what has happened to their child.

This is not the most horrible thing that happened. We returned to the cave to retrieve his body but when we found it, he was no longer himself but that of the undead. I could not let my best friend be trapped like that. If it wasn’t for me not being strong enough, he would not have been degraded into a mindless slave. Mind you he did go on about his axe when we found him so there might have been some hope for him. We did lay him and some other undead to rest. We did find the book and we did return home. We did not celebrate that night, but I did morn for him. I plan on taking a trip to his hometown to return his belongings but his axe will stay with me until I am strong enough to protect those I travel with. Please say a prayer for my beloved friend. I will make you proud of me and will do his name honour in my travels.

Your forever honoured daughter/cousin/aunt/family member,
Azurea

Aegharan

Re: AAR: [3][M] The Trouba(dos) and Trouba(don’ts) (2020-06-12@08:00[PM] GMT)

Post by Aegharan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:20 am

Lados Chance of the Throalic Institute of Arts hired Ursal, an axe-wielding Swordmaster, or "Axemaster" as he called himself, Elisen the Windling Cavalryman with his mount "Teh", and Azurea who is the stealthiest and most agile Troll I have ever seen. What's most remarkable is that they were not only able to move through the shadows, but also conjure daggers from shadow and throw them at our foes.

The Throalic Institute of Arts is a sight to behold. I have been to the public-facing areas before. Entering the deeper chambers and having some time to really watch the pre-scourge art that is displayed here is absolutely stunning.

Lados sends us on a mission to retrieve a book from an artist's retreat. The book was supposed to entail songs that no living namegiver has ever heard. This was supposedly property of a Trollish Troubardour

Finding the way to the retreat was hard. We kept getting off track in the search of food and water, and weren't successfull finding food and water after getting off track and heading into unhospitable areas. What we did find, however, was some poor souls who had been gotten good by some bandits. We got the bandits in return, although some of us got wounded.

We did later arrive at the retreat in the Foothills around 44.11. Entering we heard the flapping of wings, and quickly saw huge Bats attacking us. Ursal and Elisen stood strong in the hallway, some bats got through to Azurea and me. Maybe if we were a little farther to the back and we had gotten to use the bottleneck, Ursal would not have been overwhelmed and eaten by these bats.
We did manage to escape and tend to our wounds to return the next day and get Ursal's remains and, ideally, his corpse. Entering the keep we did not find the body, only a trail of blood leading away. Following it, we saw Ursal again - upright! Azurea was quick to tells us that this was definitely not the same Ursal as before, as he radiated no warmth. Also he moved with unnatural twitches, attacking with his claws instead of the axe on his back.
It pained us, but we slew him and two other creatures we later identified as ghouls.

We searched for the Book of Rikka and found the Troubadoura's tomb. The sarcophagus was empty however, except for the book we searched for. The famous Troubardoura was gone.

We definitely will need to return to the retreat and clear this keep from the horror that apparently resides here.

Please find attached notes on monstrous, distorted, corrupted bats, Ghouls, and the deeds of Ursal, Troll Axemaster.