AAR: [4th] Raise the riverboats (2020-03-28 @17:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

ottdmk
Re: AAR: [4th] Raise the riverboats (2020-03-28 @17:00 GMT)

Post by ottdmk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:55 pm

From the Journal of Dubhan Goronich:

If there is a lesson to be learned from this adventure it is this: beware the comforts of traveling by wagon. I succumbed to the gentle rocking motion of a wagon on a well-built road, and fell asleep. As a result, I was poorly positioned to help my colleagues with a rather large group of bandits. But I digress.

William, Jael, Xevious, Dvarim and I were contracted to protect valuable supplies a group of Elementalists were using to raise some cleverly preserved pre-Scourge T'skrang riverboats. We handled the first part of the above-mentioned ambush quite well, I thought, despite my untimely nap. We discovered the band lying in wait before they discovered us, and dealt with them appropriately. The problem came when we elected to pursue the survivors...

This led to a pitched encounter with a large band of bandit archers who had superior tactical positioning. They were on a bridge, and approaching said bridge was quite perilous. William was almost ended by a particularly fine shot by one of the enemy archers. After an intense battle both sides retreated to lick their respective wounds. We successfully delivered the supplies to the site.

After the Elementalists were done, a few days later, we had to fulfill the second part of our contract: get the remaining supplies back to Throal. That appeared to be going well... we discovered signs of another ambush, and got around it... but then during the night some of the supplies were stolen from under our noses! We determined it was best for our stealthier Adepts to go after it, namely William & Jael (plus Jael's crocodile.) With help from Quicken Pace they were able to catch up to the thieves, and get the drop on them. They left the two dead, reclaimed the goods, and returned to us.

It turns out that we were mere minutes from a road crew that had a significant armed guard. Could have been quite helpful. Still, all turned out as best as could be hoped, and we returned to Throal with our entire consignment.

Aegharan

Re: AAR: [4th] Raise the riverboats (2020-03-28 @17:00 GMT)

Post by Aegharan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:15 pm

The library of Throal thanks Dvarim, William, Xevious and Dubhan for their entries. You are rewarded 150 Legend Points and 140.8 Silver pieces.