Reviving the Earthdawn Westmarches campaign

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

ChrisDDickey
Reviving the Earthdawn Westmarches campaign

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:44 am

I am copying Aegharan's post from the other sub-forum to this one.

Good news, everyone!

Right before delving into 2020 we begin the relaunch of our Earthdawn Westmarches Campaign!

The campaign has fallen asleep and has been in a coma for nearly a year.

To make it easier on the GMs, we relaunch the setting. This means we start in year 0 after Throal opened its gates again, the selection of races is slightly limited to begin, as no other Kaers have been opened.

Organization: An excellent system of house rules has grown over the time running the Westmarches campaign. These rules will stay in place, but are of course subject to change.
Please create new characters. By "new" I mean "fresh". You may play the identical character again and even reuse the name if you want, but everybody start at first circle as a fresh character per the player's guide. We know how one grows close to a character, but strongly believe that starting at first circle makes it easiest on the GMing staff. Only characters who had their thtead in the Character Forum created today or later may be played. Please read up on
Important rules, formats, and links.

Further, to make things easy on the staff: We need staffies, especially GMs!
Please tell us in Discord if you will continue filling your role, or leave a note here if you want to join our staff!

I wish you a good start into 2020. May the new year bring you joy, luck, and a whole lot of playing Earthdawn together :)

ChrisDDickey

Re: Reviving the Earthdawn Westmarches campaign

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:50 am

I reposted the above just so that I could post this underneath it

It has been 370 years since the Kingdom of Throal shut it's gates near the beginning of the Scourge. It has been 11 long years since Throal sent it's first expedition out those gates. That expedition died to a man. It has been 8 years since the first successful expedition. Since then there have been many successful expeditions. The airship Earthdawn made two successful voyages (and went missing during it's third). The military is now patrolling outside in squad strength rather than companies.

The populous, though wary, is at a fever pitch. People have taken to going to meetings where speakers give oratorical readings from the "Book of Tommorow". The royal opera hall was filled to overflowing 10 nights running to hear king Varulus III read a chapter from the book. 

It is 1420 TH: Throal opens its gates  

And everybody looks around asking "are you going out"? "Well of course! ... eventually ... Once my gout stops acting up... Maybe sometime next week?"

A group of hero's step forward...