A few questions

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
A few questions

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:25 am

1) is this open to anyone? and if so, what are the minimum requirements (i mean, presumably you need the ability to run discord and... roll20 it looks like? is it voice-only (or i suppose, for that matter, can you play by text... i'm guessing the use of discord implies you're wanting voice, but it could theoretically be possible =P )

2) have you got a ruling on panda's grove disciplines now that mystic paths is out. some disciplines got updated into paths, which i'm assuming you'll eventually switch over to using, but some did not make it, and may indeed never make it...

ChrisDDickey

Re: A few questions

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:22 am

Yes, open to pretty much anybody to play. I don't think anybody has ever been banned. To play your character needs to be approved by the character head. If you would like to GM send a PM to the GM head.

Yes, pretty much need Roll20 and Discord. Also need to keep your character up to date in the Characters subform.
Listening via Discord is pretty much mandatory, since most people do not type their actions. If you want to take your actions via Discord text, that would probably be OK (with the GM for that sessions approval), but you will not know what is going on unless you can hear what other people are saying on Discord. Many GMs reley heavily upon visuals in Roll20, so if you can't see Roll20, you will not see the maps or the tactical situation. And dice rolls are done via Roll20 as well, so mandatory.

The rules have not been updated with our take on Mystic Paths yet, but I would expect that soonish. The one real question is how a Path will affect our Effective Circle Rating stat. With Questors it was decided that it did not affect ECR, however now that Paths is out I would recommend it be updated to say that each Questor and Path add 0.9 ECR (round down). Which is to say, that the first one does not add to your ECR, but all subsequent ones do. We will probably learn about Panda Disciplines that did not make the MP cut at the same time.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:54 am

so... is there any decision on at least using the 2 new classes? i've noticed there's a gauntlet. i've also noticed there's a shaman that's been sitting around a while waiting for approval...

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:28 am

Yes, Mystic Paths has been fully integrated. We changed the Effective Character Rating procedure to deal with them.
The Resources subforum of this forum has links to our house-rules document.

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:39 am

Hi,

I see that Chris has already answered your questions.

Yes, we coordinate via Discord and use Roll20 for visuals and rolls. While being able to listen is required, speaking is not, if you're able to type somewhat fast :>

Hop on Discord and chat with people, if you have time then listen in on tonight's game. You find all the links in the Resources subforum