AAR Infestation at Tassadae Farm 2M: 2021-12-08, 23:59 (7:00 PM EST Wednesday)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Serespar
AAR Infestation at Tassadae Farm 2M: 2021-12-08, 23:59 (7:00 PM EST Wednesday)

Post by Serespar » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Infestation at Tassadae Farm
ECR: 2 Medium
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Midnight GMT / 7:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Central / 4:00 PM Pacific
Note: If you can be flexible on timing and play later to accommodate a West Coast, I know he would appreciate it :)
GM: Drew

The farming commune of Tassadae (46.15) has sent a plea for help to the adventurers in Throal who helped them during the adventure "Ghost Barge".

Apparently, there is some sort of infestation of flying creatures hatching in the woods near their fields. The note says they are especially concerned because they have been spotted near where the old shattered pillar was destroyed when the Cult of Scourge was defeated at Kampung Gajah. Busy with other tasks but friendly to the farmers they saved, the adventures have spread word in Throal about the job, and have asked those available to look into it and do what they can to help.

Standard Rewards for ECR 2M Adventure
Alternative Award of Half Price Circle Advancement Training from the grateful adventurers in Throal.

Ghost Barge
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2255

Letter from Headman Hui Nui
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=603 ... 8-G98&em=2
Last edited by Serespar on Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

kickmurder

Re: LFG Infestation at Tassadae Farm, ECR 2M: Wed Dec 8, 7:00 PM Eastern U.S.

Post by kickmurder » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:04 pm

Name: Vargo
Dwarf Weaponsmith from Hustane in Throal
Circle: ECR 1, Circle 1
Discipline: Dwarf Weaponsmith
Downtime: Forge Weapon 12 (Rank 1)
Last edited by kickmurder on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

SkunkD

Post by SkunkD » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Name: Melcar
Date of Last Game Played: Never (well, at least not WM game)
Circle: 1
Discipline: Swordmaster
Unique: Swords are smooth and precise in their dance, but an axe can cut like no other.
Downtime: Research, Lore: Weapons, Lore: Magic
Last edited by SkunkD on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Anoush

Post by Anoush » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Name: Mirage
ECR: 1
Last game played: November 27, 2021 [Keel]
Discipline: Illusionist 1
Quote: If you could say it in words, there’d be no reason to paint it.
Unique/Notable Abilities: Best Face, Ephemeral Bolt, Monstrous Mantle
Last edited by Anoush on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marcrobitschek

Post by marcrobitschek » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:03 am

Name: Kelenar
Date of Last Game Played: Nov 13, 2021
Circle: 2
Discipline: Thief 2
Unique: I am good at picking locks and using a sword.
Downtime: working to get good in with the thief guild

etherial

Post by etherial » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:24 pm

Name: Eruriel
Last Game Played:2021-11-27
Effective Circle: 1
Discipline: Cavalier
Quote/Unique: Ride like the wind
Notable Abilities: Navigation, Tracking, Wilderness Survival
Downtime:

Serespar

Post by Serespar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:53 am

Thank you for playing Eruriel, Kalandar, Melcar, Mirage and Vargo. Hope ya'll had a creepy good time at Tassadae Farm. Know the farmers are grateful to you for preventing the hatching.

Infestation at Tassadae Farms
Standard 2M Awards of 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs and Downtime as normal.
Alternative Award of
  • ½ price circle advancement training
  • ½ price Kelia's and Kelix healing aids
If you write up and post a journal, you receive
  • +5% LP (+40 LP, for a total of 840 LP) and,
  • +25% SP (+50 SP, for a total of 250 SP)
Note: Unused Q'ualltz mash does NOT carry over for character equipment.

For downtime discount, Vargo has Forge Weapon [12, rank 1] For 5 days downtime, weapon can be forged to +1 for 25 silver.

Editorial note: The badly mauled and eaten remains of the 12th missing villager was found by the riverside by a follow up group of adepts. Divination magic revealed she sacrificed herself so the others could flee the dockside.
Last edited by Serespar on Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kickmurder

Re: AAR Infestation at Tassadae Farm, ECR 2M: Wed Dec 8, 7:00 PM Eastern U.S.

Post by kickmurder » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:09 am

From the Journal of Vargo Tusur Stonebreaker, 1st Circle Weaponsmith, Throal

My first ADVENTURE!! I can barely write from the excitement of writing this report for those that come after!!

The Infestation at Tassadae Farm we are calling it! Five stalwart allies against the worst Barsaive can throw at us!

It began as most adventures do in a tavern! The Ghost Pepper an Ork establishment well known for its hurlg (rye and spoiled milk and other assorted ingredients). We met, Kalandar the Thief, Melcar the Swordmaster, Eruriel the Cavalier, and Mirage the Illusionist! Seated as boon companions would be we shared a meal. Flatbread and ale, perfect! I didn't even have to touch the delightful meal my mother prepared! I state here for the record and in perpetuity that her cooking is one thing I will **not** miss, it is like the kibble fed to the Guard's hounds. Dry and hard to stomach!

At some point Melcar decided that he would test his mettle against the local hurlg and wouldn't you believe that he VOMITED all over Gran-Gran! The look of disappointment on her face! Melcar had to personally apologize to her when she was kind enough to give him a cure for the mess his stomach was in. The laughter of the ork patrons was not unkind but they definitely enjoyed his tragic attempt.

After discussing our mission it was decided we would leave from Throal and make our way to the Coil River where we would catch a boat called the Kek'tanoz sailing under Captain Me'bihato! But first we stopped at a small community (the name I now forget - I will make better notes in future) but it had the most quaint tavern called the Cracked Barrel. And all I can tell you is that two of the most amazing Elven musicians played there! Oh the dulcet tones of Tallee on the harp and Tisha on the viola! I can steal hear the sound of their song and it resonated with me and the lyrics! I am still dazed by their skill and beauty! We spent the night drinking and sharing culture, mine of the Dwarf and theirs of the Elf.

Truly it was an amazing first night away from home. I am sure mother would have heartily disapproved!

The next day we took ship to Tassadae Farms.

The journey by boat was uneventful and the crew was pleasant enough! One crewman, Pips, took some of us for our silver. I think he was a professional gambler!

They also talked of crocodiles that could jump twenty feet out of the river water! Crocodiles that are ten to twenty feet in length! And if that was not the worst thing to fear there is also some manner of creature eating the bottoms out of boats along the river so they FEED IT! Not even knowing what it is! After three boats had their bottoms EATEN they found it was easier to just feed whatever it is! Truly a mystery!!

After arriving at the Tassadae Farm docks we discovered them empty! No people and a quick investigation showing tracks running away from "something". The tracks were more than a week old. We followed the cart tracks from the dock to the first of the homes and came across a small group of people being beset by the same creatures described by the earlier Adepts! Mantis-like flying creatures that have a vicious bite and a hunger for flesh! Each of my companions acquitted themselves well. I on the other hand was too excited and will likely need to revisit my training. Mother always said that I wasn't a warrior. Well my first battle almost proved her right. I had a modicum of success but will definitely need to keep pushing myself as well as getting better armor.

We managed to save four of the Tassadae farmers and they took us back to their fortified home where they had been using fish baskets to protect themselves from the creatures when going to the well. Quite ingenious actually. They only went outside when they had to but still lost many to the creatures. We almost lost Eruriel to the acidic "poison" but the locals showed us how to make a a qu'allz ointment to neutralize it! They gifted us with two of them each for our help and to assist us when we left to try and clear the beasts out.

We followed tracks first to the place where the Horror-tainted pillar had once stood and we could see what appeared to be tracks around the crater and runes that had been carved into the stone!

Here was evidence that perhaps the foul cult had not been fully eliminated. We must speak of this to the authorities and perhaps have Adepts investigate it.

We searched more and found a cave nearby whereupon we were ambushed by more of the flying creatures! They gave a wailing cry that was matched from within the cave itself! We dispatched them but not without taking wounds. They have a stinger that pumps some form of digestive chemical, a blue ichor that we neutralized with the ointment.

We forged onward into the cave and found the floor littered with a snot-like substance and a low mist that obscured the floor. It was black as pitch but we moved into the cave.

We A young woman perhaps sixteen, stapled through the bones of her arms to the walls of the cavern! She had sadly been killed when the eggs had cracked and the new flying creatures fed on her entrails. A most horrifying death. May the Passions show her mercy and give her a place amongst their treasured. But who put her there? The flying creatures have no thumbs so could not have done this alone! A Namegiver was definitely involved! Around her the egg shells were broken and lying on the floor. (I have passed some of the shell along to the Great Library of Throal in hopes they can be used to ensure none of these beasts can be allowed to flourish.

Leaving the poor child we moved further on into the cave and heard the noise, that of eggs breaking. Our intuition being that more of these cannot be good we raced to the source of the sound and came upon a terrifying sight! Dozens of smaller eggs unhatched surrounding a much larger egg. This large egg had three of the farmers seated around it in the form of a ritual seemingly. Equidistant each laid back against it, their upper bodies subsumed by the egg, their entire upper torsos and heads used to feed the creature.

It is my understanding but not witnessed by me (because it healed over as the beast was hatched) that the creature coming from the egg had the letters and numbers upon its flesh "..PERI...... ......" Even wounded from our earlier battles we were able to defeat the creature, whatever it was, smashing, cutting and stabbing it into its death throes! We almost lost Mirage to the beasts tentacle, a larger version of the flying creatures stinger! But we managed to stabilize her. Perhaps some healing salves or charms are in my future!

Searching the caves we found seven more farmers knocked unconscious by the mists in the cave, they had not yet been prepared to feed the creatures. Getting them out was our first priority and we eventually returned with the remaining farmers to burn the contents fully and collapse the cave mouth!

Truly my first adventure was not as I had inspected. I did not expect to see such battle and bloodshed. We almost lost members of our party twice. I resolve myself to ensuring my skills and gear will ensure that any friend lost to the rigors of battle shall not be because I didn't do my best!

I will make my father proud.

SkunkD

Re: AAR Infestation at Tassadae Farm 2M: 2021-12-08, 23:59 (7:00 PM EST Wednesday)

Post by SkunkD » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:00 am

Journal of Melcar Airlana, 1st Circle Swordmaster

I've grown bored with the cramped city living that keeps me from unleashing the full dance of my weapon. Today was as good a day as any to start my adventures outside the city.

Luckily enough for me, while having a meal and some drink at the Ghost Pepper, a Windling that goes by the name Mirage came in and was looking for some Adepts to help out with some troubles she had heard of from a friend of hers. A couple of other regulars seemed interested to join in on the adventure and before we knew it Mirage, Vargo, Kalendar, Eruriel and myself decided to go take a look at what's going on at Tassadae Farm.

I'd heard about the previous events a few years back of a ghost barge traveling the river in that area; perhaps there was still more to be cleaning up after that incident.

After a few more bites and everyone agreeing what time we were going to take out, I felt the only thing left to do was to commemorate the event with a tall mug of Hurlg. I had seen many of the Orks take celebratory swigs prior to heading off to adventure. It seemed the right thing to do... and down the hatch it went... or, at least it did until it came right back up. Unfortunately Gran Gran was walking by when the full contents of what I had just drank...

"Passions! What had I just drank!?"

...along with everything else in my stomach, decided to make a hasty retreat from within me; all over Gran Grans shoes (and maybe more).

To take my mind off the events in the Ghost Pepper I decided I should probably go read up a bit on the local area around Tassadae to better acquaint myself with where I was going. This proved quite pointless while the Hurgl still worked it's magic on me and I spent more time "donating to the Mucker's Guild" than reading up on anything that would be useful coming up.

Once I realised I wasn't going to be able to focus on anything until my stomach was set right, I made my way back to the Ghost Pepper to apologize to Gran Gran and that it was anything against her establishments drinks. Thankfully, Gran took pity on this poor human and gave me a cure to settle things down. I made a promised to Gran Gran that when I make it back from this adventure, I will prove myself worthy of drinking Hurgl.

The travel down to Tassadae wasn't too bad all things considered. Much of the first few days are still a bit of a blur from that damn Hurlg. After the first day we stopped into a small little village on our way, had a nice dinner, enjoyed a wonderful evening of music and avoided any and all drink. Should we make it back, this place might be worthwhile for another stop. I'm sure Vargo wouldn't mind another stop there to listen the singers, you would think he'd never heard music before the way he was hypnotized with those two.

The next day we left town and kept on our journey searching out Captain Me'Behato and his ship, the Kek'tanoz... apparently, it means Blue Turtle according to Mirage. Anyway, the boat trip was peaceful, I spent most of my time feeling out how the weapon danced with the river underneath. It was a bit awkward and clumsy at first, but once I finally understood the roles that the motion of the water and the ship sliding through it played in the dance, the whole thing came together. Thank the Passions that there were none of my more boisterous "sword brethren" aboard this vessel, most of the sailors seemed more keen on gambling than sword play.

It did not take long to make our way to Tassadae and thankfully none of the alligators that lived in these waters decided to join us on deck through the whole voyage. I'd always heard how rough riding on the Coil was, this Captain sure made it quite the easy ride. Perhaps travel by boat isn't so bad after all.

Upon arriving at Tassadae the dockyard looked in shambles, so Captain Me'Behato decided not to make his way to dock. He was kind enough though to ferry us to shore and promise to pick us up on his way back, should he see us on the docks. A quick look through the buildings showed no signs of any recent activity. The party picked up on a few tracks that looked more like people fleeing from the docks. I don't blame them though, with alligators all through the waters, I wouldn't really want to be here. But it was quite odd that they just left many of their wares in the store houses to rot and mildew. I'm sure most of it isn't even salvageable. There were obvious wagon marks leaving town though and this had to lead to the Farming village of Tassadae, so we gathered our gear and headed towards where people should be to see how we could help rid this village of their little flying menaces.

Following the wagon ruts, it wasn't long until we heard some people yelling and screaming, obviously being attacked by something. But we were not prepared for what we saw. Two large flying beasts, similar to the description from the letter but ten times the size described, were attacking 4 farmers out gathering vegetables. We all did our best to run up and aide the farmers. At one point, I thought one of the younger farmers was going to be eaten before we could even get to them. Luckily though I was able to entice the creature pursuing the farmer to come over and pick on me. Perhaps though my enticing was too good for 3 more came out of the woods towards us! It was a beautiful battle, and the dance against the flying creatures was a tremendous affair. The whole party knew their roles and we were able to vanquish the foul beasts and rescue the farmers. Unfortunately the beasts seemed to have an ability to poison from their tails, but it seems the farmers are familiar with this and have created some salve that helps one fight their wicked toxins upon application. This might be quite useful if we can get a sample back to Throal to see if there are any further uses for this salve.

The villagers hurried us off to where the rest of the villagers were in the town before more creatures could come by. We gathered as much from the field as we could and brought it with everyone. Apparently they have had to barricade in their buildings against these creatures as they grew bigger and bigger while consuming every living creature around; including villagers. The only real information we could get about the troubles the town is facing is that the creatures have consumed nearly every animal around and make it impossible to leave the houses without fear of being eaten by them. The creatures do leave the crops alone though, so at least the villagers were able to subside off something until we arrived (assuming they survived the scavenging run to the fields). We were informed though that the beasts seem to have come from over by the old pillar in the forest and that there were 12 villagers unaccounted for that just up and went missing at some point.

Thankfully the village has a healer whom was able to assist us with the wounds we'd taken from these creatures. In the morning we will go check out this pillar.

The forest around here did not look like anything I had expected. The trees looked dead or dying, the ground was almost crystalline and in the middle of the trees was a HUGE crater. It looked like what I would imagine a missive volley of firecannons hitting the ground would look like. This was the center of something, and that something does need to be investigated. Lightly carved upon the trees surrounding the crater were magic symbols, all symbols were pointing to the center of the crater too. We should probably inform Throal about this for further investigation. Humanoid tracks, Large for human but small for Troll, could be found around the crater too; no signs of these flying creatures though.

Following the tracks led us to a nearby cave. As we tried to cautiously approach the cave, we were set upon by 3 of these creatures.

HA! We have found their home... Ut Oh! They seem to have been laying in wait for us!!

One swooped out of the cave right at me and knocked me to the ground. I took my defensive posture and stood back up ready to attack. Something seemed off as I entered into my dance, it was as if I was alone and the dance was only half there... it was mid attempt to strike one of these creatures that I realized I had not had an opportunity to draw my axe! Luckily the rest of the party was on their game and quick work was made of these beasts.

Entering into the cave, we took a little more caution in our movements. An odd mists obscured our feet and made looking for tracks quite difficult. Echoing through the tunnels also made things difficult as noises seemed to be coming from all around us. With out torches lit, we stumbled into the first chamber where the sight is too gruesome to fully describe. In this room we found one of the 12 missing villagers, no longer living, along with some kind of shell from an egg. Whatever had come out of that egg was one of the reasons this villager was no longer with us; maybe not directly responsible, but someone had left her as a meal for whatever came out of that egg. As we got deeper into the cave we started hearing more sounds down the tunnels and a rough direction the noises were coming from. Following the sounds, we came upon an enormous egg that was in the midst of hatching. Again, the sight I will not recount in detail as it deserves not to be brought to life in words. Suffice to say, we knew the fate of three more of the villagers that were missing. This unnatural egg was massive, standing taller than most dwarves and nearing four feet wide, and it was hatching...

What exploded from the egg was nothing I had ever seen before and something I wish to never see again. For something so large it was surprisingly fast. Before anyone could react a tentacle of the thing reached out and speared Mirage and started pulling her back towards it's main body. Kalendar struck first, targeting a weak spot on the creature that he had noticed. Eruriel followed up Kalendar, aiming for some soft spot or vital organ exposed of the beasts. This opened up the perfect oportunity, my blade's dance took me under the creature's appendages and directed me over to the side where the tentacle was retracting in with Mirage attached at the end. The side of the beast exposed, a perfect opportunity to sever the abominations' thread once and for all. My axe struck true and deep, ending the thing's existence.

Vargo rushed over to assist Mirage, placing some of the salve the villagers gave to us upon Mirage's wound. Much longer and Mirage might not have been around to tell her side of this tale.

With the foul beast destroyed, we started searching the immediate area and were able to locate 7 of the villagers unconscious. We gathered up the villagers and rushed them out of the cave into the fresh air and back to their village. We then came back with the villagers collected the remains of 4 of the villagers so that we could give them a proper burial, then burned out every square inch of the caves and collapsed the entrance for good measure.

What happened to the 12th missing villager? Perhaps something that still needs investigated or perhaps something we'll never know the answer to. But for now, the village of Tassadae is safe again.

marcrobitschek

Re: AAR Infestation at Tassadae Farm 2M: 2021-12-08, 23:59 (7:00 PM EST Wednesday)

Post by marcrobitschek » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:46 am

Journal of Kalendar, Second circle Thief
After my last adventure, I am glad for hopefully something more quite a town looking for help against creatures. How bad can that be.

It started in a bar called the Ghost Pepper. It seems to be where a lot of the adventures start. That someone comes up with a bright idea or is given a letter. I was at the bar hoping to do something. A winding name Mirage came in and was looking for some help to help a town called Tassadae. A friend of hers said needed it. Some of the other members had heard stories, but I had not heard anything but it was all good. We had some supper and one of our members tried the Hurlg. I don't know much about the drinks, but I have seen enough that Hurlg is not for light weights. As is customary he had a choice of different glasses and he was smart enough to take the smallest. He threw up spectacular all over Grangran. After a deep apology and some adept abelites she came around and even gave him a antidote for his trouble. One of our members was very talkative about rumors. At the end of the night we all agreed to help Mirage and in the morning head out to help her.

We left the next morning. We stopped at a town where we would meet the captain taken us to Tassadae. The town was a refuge for Tas'krang. One of our members, I believe it was Mirage was able to talk up a red skin Taskrang. He had just come from thee way we were going and had no problems. Hopefully we would have the same. But first we stopped at a small community (the name I now forget - I will make better notes in future) but it had the most quaint tavern called the Cracked Barrel. And all I can tell you is that two of the most amazing Elven musicians played there! Oh the dulcet tones of Tallee on the harp and Tisha on the viola! I can steal hear the sound of their song and it resonated with me and the lyrics! Many of our members spent the night drinking and entertaining. We headed up the Coil River where we would catch a boat called the Kek'tanoz sailing under Captain Me'bihato!

Once we boarded the ship Mirage and another member tried talking to the captain Me'bihato. Mirage was successful and we were told to come aboard. On about half way from the town they threw over board fresh meat. Originally we thought for the alligators, but the captain corrected it was for the other creatures. They had learn this the hard way another ship had gone down the river and had learned about the other creatures.

Upon arriving at Tassadae it was like a ghost town and the building where they had stored things had been destroyed. The captain ask us if we still wanted to stay we said yes. The ship let us on land and said they would be back in a couple days. We ask if they came back look for a red flag or us waving needing help the captain agreed. After the ship left we started investigation. Once inside the storage areas I had found that two people had been startled and fled. Back to the farm or somewhere else I was not able to figure out. After we had comb through the area we found some tracks heading to the farm and the wagon ruts helped a lot.

We headed to the farm area after some time we heard yelling and headed up to a area with a low wall. Before I could get to them I used my bow to hurt them while most of the party charge to save the farmers. I would have charged but I am not as fast as the rest of the group. But we were not prepared for what we saw. Two large flying beasts, similar to the description from the letter but ten times the size described, they were attacking 4 farmers out gathering vegetables. We all did our best to run up and aide the farmers. At one point, I thought one of the younger farmers was going to be eaten before we could even get to them. I was able to The whole party knew their roles and we were able to vanquish the foul beasts and rescue the farmers. I was able to put down one with a great hit. Having just had my weapon forged by a weapon smith. Also, I was protected by my armor that had just been forged as well. Unfortunately the beasts seemed to have an ability to poison from their tails, but it seems the farmers are familiar with this and have created some salve that helps one fight their wicked toxins upon application. This might be quite useful if we can get a sample back to Throal to see if there are any further uses for this salve. I to had heard if we could get some of the salve there may be some money to be made.

After we had dispatch the beast we were able to get the farmers back to the village. After talking to the villagers we did not get a lot of new information other then 12 farmers had gone missing. The creatures had first starting consuming animals and had move up to them. The creature had left the crops alone. The creatures had original come from the pillars where the original attack many years ago from what legend says.

The next morning we left the farm and enter the wooded area. The night before Mirage had ask the townsfolk to describe the missing farmers and she drew pictures so we may be able to identify them. One of our team was very good at scouting are windling was not that good at astral sight. A trait that I have learned is very respected as that is sometimes the only way to see the horrors. As we followed a trail we came upon the area where the pillars were. I had found as we were exploring the area runes. The magic types were not able to identified them. Originally some of our members thought we should destroy them. Our Mirage was able to convince them to leave them alone.

After continuing following the trail we found a cave being guarded by 2 monstrous creatures. I love slipping into the shadows but some of the other members are just to noisy. They have other skills that are useful. As we get closer, some of us are spotted. We start the combat one of our members a sword dancer I think he said he felt off. I felt fine and was able to get a good hit on one I need to find a better way to get my sneaking ability.

As we enter the cave it was dark as a smart adventures we had all bought torches. When we enter the cave there was a low fog. As we started to investigate we came across a farmer who had been hanged up to the wall with nails. She had still been alive when it had been done. This had become very tense for all of us.

As we kept exploring the weapon master found a egg that had been broken by his boot. We heard noise coming from deeper into the cave. As we tried to track the sound. As I looked down where he was standing and I there were eggs all over. The windling never came back down to the ground in the cave. We originally thought just burn everything but decided to finish what we came here to find the framers. Suffice to say, we knew the fate of three more of the villagers that were missing. This unnatural egg was massive, standing taller than most dwarves and nearing four feet wide, and it was hatching...

To our understanding but not witnessed by group. I was able lucly see the spot. (because it healed over as the beast was hatched) that the creature coming from the egg had the letters and numbers upon its flesh "..PERI...... ......" Even wounded from our earlier battles we were able to defeat the creature, whatever it was, smashing, cutting and stabbing it into its death throes! We almost lost Mirage to the beasts tentacle, a larger version of the flying creatures stinger! But we managed to stabilize her. Perhaps some healing salves or charms are in my future!

What exploded from the egg was nothing I had ever seen before and something I wish to never see again. For something so large it was surprisingly fast. Before anyone could react a tentacle of the thing reached out and speared Mirage and started pulling her back towards it's main body. I struck first, targeting a weak spot on the creature that I had noticed. Eruriel followed up after me, aiming for some soft spot or vital organ exposed of the beasts.

Vargo rushed over to assist Mirage, placing some of the salve the villagers gave to us upon Mirage's wound. Much longer and Mirage might not have been around to tell her side of this tale.

With the foul beast destroyed, we started searching the immediate area and were able to locate 7 of the villagers unconscious. We gathered up the villagers and rushed them out of the cave into the fresh air and back to their village. We then came back with the villagers collected the remains of 4 of the villagers so that we could give them a proper burial, then burned out every square inch of the caves and collapsed the entrance for good measure.

After killing the creature we return to the farm gather those who could come and burned the area and removed what bodies we could find. We never were able to find out who did the ruins or who hung the farmer. As the creature did not have a way to do this.

What happened to the 12th missing villager? Perhaps something that still needs investigated or perhaps something we'll never know the answer to. But for now, the village of Tassadae is safe again.

As this ends the journal for now.

Infestation at Tassadae Farms
Standard 2M Awards of 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs and Downtime as normal.
Alternative Award of
½ price circle advancement training
½ price Kelia's and Kelix healing aids
If you write up and post a journal, you receive
+5% LP (+40 LP, for a total of 840 LP) and,
+25% SP (+50 SP, for a total of 250 SP)
Note: Unused Q'ualltz mash does NOT carry over for character equipment.