AAR: One Step Ahead of the Shoe Shine

*ARCHIVED* Sub-forum for the original West Marches Discord campaign

Moderator:etherial

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Time: 2018-09-18 @ 23:00 GMT (7:00 PM EDT)
GM: ReynTrannin
Circle: 2
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Yotra: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 230 Silver
Grom: 800 Legend, 230 sp, 3 TIP's
Jael: 800 Legend, 230 sp, 3 TIP's
Moreal: 800 Legend, 230 sp, 3 TIP's

GM Reward:
Blaethynn: 6,000 Legend, 850 sp, 1 TIP

Downtime Actions:
N/A

Additional Notes:
Vokir Squirrelsbane is reported dead at the hands of the Adepts.
There were reports of extreme levels of Horror corruption in and around Vokir Squirrelsbane.
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etherial

Re: AAR: [2M] One Step Ahead of the Shoe Shine

Post by etherial » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:18 pm

An illuminated page from the Tome of Eternal Power

1 Borrum, 1424 T.H.
Brandel Corey, Sergeant of Throalic Military, asked for discreet inquiry. Grom did not understand and thought he asked for quiet inquiry. Corey was angry but agreed to meet with us afterward.

1 Borrum (continued)
Sgt. Corey met with us in a private location and told us of one Vokir Squirrelsbane, wanted criminal and known consort of the Horrors. He was taken off into the woods but Sgt. Corey has a hunting dog who has learned his scent.

3 Borrum
Following Squirrelsbane's scent, we are attacked by a pack of Zoaks. Moreal cast Flameweapon on our allies and then Air Armor on myself. I cast Displace Image on them and on Hedbut. Fido was seriously injured, however, and would be down for some time.

4 Borrum
As we continued East following the trail, we met an elf roasting meat on a spit. Concerned he may be Vokir, we approached cautiously but nicely. He was not Vokir, but he was a cannibal - the meat he was roasting had once belonged to a Namegiver. Several Fleshbeasts came out of the bushes to ambush us. Alas, my allies were not paying attention and were caught by surprise. I was not and successfully cast threads to Displace Image.

Jael grappled the elf while the rest of us tackled the Fleshbeasts. Grom was particularly effective, his claws repeatedly tearing the Fleshbeasts to pieces. I offered a merciful death to Alari, but he spoke of how his master would rend the flesh from our bones, so we slit his throat. Burning the bodies took many hours so we made camp for the night.

5 Borrum
We followed scent to box canyon. As usual, I figure out trap just as it is sprung as Vokir and two corrupted Troajin come out of cover to attack. Hedbut was quickly knocked unconscious but Jael got his revenge. Vokir was situated on an outcropping of rock, making him very difficult to handle, but Grom was luckily above him on canyon wall and pressed attack. Moreal assisted their kinsman and Vokir was forced to retreat. My spells and a good hit from Grom knocked him unconscious. Vokir and Troajin were too corrupted and had to be destroyed. Ghost of smoke arose from Vokir's body and smiled before dissipating. There is nasty horror at work.

PCs:
Gromdarkobarmitsarunloco, Obsid Purifier
Jaen'val'Jael 'Jael' Savre, male Elf Beastmaster
Moreal, Obsid Elementalist
Yotra, female Troll Illusionist

NPCs:
Alari, male Elf cannival
Brandel Corey, male Dwarf Sergeant
Vokir Squirrelsbane, wanted criminal
Hedbut, a goat
Fido, a dog

BattleChad

Re: AAR: [2M] One Step Ahead of the Shoe Shine

Post by BattleChad » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:42 pm

The Pretty Good Library of Throal thanks Yotra for her contribution.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 57 Silver