Time: 2018-09-14@23:00 GMT
GM: etherial (Gronk)
Circle: 9
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Ceadda: 3 TIPs, 39,000 LP, 2,900 Silver
Pethrytholilanista: 3 TIPs, 39,000 LP, 2,900 Silver
Romari: 3 TIPs, 39,000 LP, 2,900 Silver
Thane: 3 TIPs, 39,000 LP, 1,650 Silver, Circle 9 training fees (1250)
Varis: 3 TIPs, 39,000 LP, 2,900 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
Pethrytholilanista: Alchemy 11 (Rank 4, Booster Potion, Kelia's Antidote, Kelix' Poultice, Salve of Closure)
Romari: Item History 21 (Rank 6, x2 Karma)
Romari: Research 32 (Rank 9, x2 Karma)
Researchers may spend 20/2 Silver for +3 Steps

Further Information:
Vivane has weathered the Scourge, albeit poorly, Kratas is a total loss. Sky Point remains unoccupied.

ChrisDDickey

Re: AAR: Scouting Report

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:28 pm

From the journal of Thane Cawdor

There is an ancient Sky Raider tradition that before advancing to a new tier, where possible the Adept should be evaluated by an elder of his Clan other than his trainer. Thus the elderly Troll whom has been training me recently sent me to be evaluated by someone from the Throalic Government. I will not record his name or race here. If you have ever met him, you will know whom I am talking about. If not... there is no need for his name to be recorded here.

I was delivered into his large and comfortable study by his butler. We talked for several hours, not an interrogation or an examination per see, just chatting about my various adventures, and he asked many probing questions about the various opponents I have faced and upon their strengths and weaknesses. I also told him about my recent calling to be a Follower of Florannus, and that in my communing with my passion I had felt a growing conviction that Floranuus, passion of motion, wished me to make a long trip and encourage others to travel. At the end of our visit he pulled forth a piece of paper and putting it upon his blotter started writing. He said "Well, you seem to know the basics, but the true test of a Warden Sky Raider is his ability to command. And I think I Florannus might be pleased with the trip I am sending you on. Take this paper to the port, and give it to Vice-Admiral Stormrock. In two or three days he will make available to you the scout ship 'Swift' along with its crew of six. It is a very small yet fast sailing airship. You will be in command, and in addition to you and it's crew, it can only take 3 or 4 passengers if you have any friends you want to bring along."

I want a Scouting Report of Sky Point and Vivane. And dang it, I want it in writing! and pay attention to your spelling and grammar! Sky Point is a great distance away, but the "swift" lives up to its name, it should only take you around one week each way. The ship will be provisioned for 4 weeks, but you will need to replenish your drinking water every 5 or 6 days.

Records indicate that Vivane was converted to a citadel city prior to the Scourge. Was it broken? Have they opened their gates yet? Is the dome still in place? Is anybody there alive? You need not enter the city if the risk does not seem warranted, but it would be nice to get an idea what is happening there.
Our records indicate that the Therans' intention was to abandon Sky Point for the duration of the Scourge. The ships and legions either recalled to Thera, or transferred to Vivane. Are the ships back? The legions? If Vivane is open, have they reoccupied the fortress? See what you can find out about what is going on down there! Now if there is something horrible or dangerous there, don't feel you have to kill it. Feel free to leave it to the Therans to deal with. But if the Therans are already back, I want to know what they are up to!

The expedition was a great success. When flying over Kratis we were attacked by 5 extra-large clouds of Wingflayers, but that was the only danger until we arrived at Vivain.

In Kratis they had attempted to build a dome of stone to cover the city. In Vivain they built a proper dome of true air and true fire. Actually, they seem to have built two of them. An outer dome covering the whole city, and an inner dome covering only where the rich people live. When we arrived we saw the outer dome was flickering alarmingly. We sailed around to the far side, and saw that there was a breach! Even as we watched a large group of horrors was streaming into the city! Veris quickly cast Metal Wings upon us, and we flew down and entered the breach. We saw 2 wormskulls, which we decided must be the brains behind the assault, 4 Reapers, and almost a dozen Gnashers. They were all too busy wreaking havoc upon the poor citizenry and their architecture to notice us until Veris lit up their tails with a fireball. They were widely separated, so Ceadda went North towards one wormskull, while I went West for the other. Flying combat was very good, as the Reapers, fierce melee combatants, could not reach us unless we chose to engage them. I had fun experimenting with swoop attacks.

We very quickly destroyed both Wormskulls, and in almost no-time destroyed the Reapers also, after which the gnashers were no problem at all.
We spent as much time as we could talking to the residents of the outer city, but when they started to repair the breach we needed to leave or be sealed in with them. There is no agriculture outside and we saw no evidence nor heard reports of patrolling. The residents of the outer city seem quite dissatisfied that the ruling class of Therians are safe in their inner citadel, while the outer citadel is so leaky. The residents of the outer city have no plans to open the city any time soon, and think that the rulers in the inner city are in no greater hurry to open their dome either. In fact the outer city residents were working to repair the breach as we left.

We did a flyby of Sky Point, but it seemed to be still abandoned and untouched. We noticed the corpses of a large number of fearsome creatures and decided that the Therians must have left a very large number of traps active in their fortress, so decided there was little to be gained by attempting to land upon it or venture inside.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: Scouting Report

Post by BattleChad » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:37 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Thane for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 1,950 Legend Points and 725 Silver