LFG: [9M] Scouting Report - Sky Point and Vivane. (Friday Sep 14th @ 23:00)

*ARCHIVED* Sub-forum for the original West Marches Discord campaign

Moderator:etherial

ChrisDDickey
LFG: [9M] Scouting Report - Sky Point and Vivane. (Friday Sep 14th @ 23:00)

Post by ChrisDDickey » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:32 pm

LFG: Scouting Report - Sky Point and Vivane.
Time: Friday 2018-09-14 @ 23:00 GMT
GM: Etherial
Circle: 9
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: (From the journal of Thane Cawdor)
There is an ancient Sky Raider tradition that before advancing to a new tier, where possible the Adept should be evaluated by an elder of his Clan other than his trainer. Thus the elderly Troll whom has been training me recently sent me to be evaluated by someone from the Throalic Government. I will not record his name or race here. If you have ever met him, you will know whom I am talking about. If not... there is no need for his name to be recorded here.

I was delivered into his large and comfortable study by his butler. We talked for several hours, not an interrogation or an examination per see, just chatting about my various adventures, and he asked many probing questions about the various opponents I have faced and upon their strengths and weaknesses. I also told him about my recent calling to be a Follower of Florannus, and that in my communing with my passion I had felt a growing conviction that Floranuus, passion of motion, wished me to make a long trip and encourage others to travel. At the end of our visit he pulled forth a piece of paper and putting it upon his blotter started writing. He said "Well, you seem to know the basics, but the true test of a Warden Sky Raider is his ability to command. And I think I Florannus might be pleased with the trip I am sending you on. Take this paper to the port, and give it to Vice-Admiral Stormrock. In two or three days he will make available to you the scout ship 'Swift' along with its crew of six. It is a very small yet fast sailing airship. You will be in command, and in addition to you and it's crew, it can only take 3 or 4 passengers if you have any friends you want to bring along."

I want a Scouting Report of Sky Point and Vivane. And dang it, I want it in writing! and pay attention to your spelling and grammar! Sky Point is a great distance away, but the "swift" lives up to its name, it should only take you around one week each way. The ship will be provisioned for 4 weeks, but you will need to replenish your drinking water every 5 or 6 days.

Records indicate that Vivane was converted to a citadel city prior to the Scourge. Was it broken? Have they opened their gates yet? Is the dome still in place? Is anybody there alive? You need not enter the city if the risk does not seem warranted, but it would be nice to get an idea what is happening there.
Our records indicate that the Therans' intention was to abandon Sky Point for the duration of the Scourge. The ships and legions either recalled to Thera, or transferred to Vivane. Are the ships back? The legions? If Vivane is open, have they reoccupied the fortress? See what you can find out about what is going on down there! Now if there is something horrible or dangerous there, don't feel you have to kill it. Feel free to leave it to the Therans to deal with. But if the Therans are already back, I want to know what they are up to!

The crewmen I am assigning you are good men. Bring them all back alive. Lets see if you have the makings of a Warden Sky Raider about you.

Rumor: So who wants to join Thane upon this mission?
Note: this mission will also qualify participants to become/advance as Questors of Florannus.

Please post your character as follows:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Circle:[/b] 
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] 
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b]
[b]Downtime:[/b]
This quest is being organized by
Name: Thane Cawdor
Circle: 8
Discipline: Sky Raider and Follower of Floranuus.
Notable Abilities: High Mobility, Navigation, Shield Bash, Battle Bellow.
Downtime: Drinking, Singing, Carousing. Why is everybody else working so hard... It's called downtime! I hear there is a great party going on down at Floranuus' shrine!

nathaniel

Re: LFG: [9M] Scouting Report - Sky Point and Vivane. (Friday Sep 14th @ 23:00)

Post by nathaniel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Name: Romari
Circle: 10
Discipline: Wizard 9/Traveled Scholar 5
Notable Abilities: Magic, Buffs/Debuffs , dispel, I KNOW THINGS!!!, etc
Downtime:
Item History 21 (Rank 6, x2 Karma)
Research 34 (Rank 9, x2 Karma)

Note: I'll be late
Last edited by nathaniel on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Name: Ceadda
Circle: 9
Discipline: Warrior
Quote/Unique: If you want to die in battle, you win every fight.
Notable Abilities: Harder, better, faster, stronger.
Downtime: Warrior training, I guess?

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Name: Varis
Circle: 7/4 (8th Equivalent)
Discipline: Elementalist / Wizard
Quote/Unique: Elemental Spears, Metal Wings, Air Armor, Shield Willow, Heated Food (+8), Cold Purify.
Notable Abilities: Combat Healing
Downtime: Item History Step 16 (Rank 4), Research Step 25 (Rank 4) (Requires 20 Silver for Library)