Explosions and bombs

Information and discussion for players of the game. No spoilers here please!
daniel_a
Explosions and bombs

Post by daniel_a » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

I've looked through the books for some information about damage from explosions, and haven't really found very much, more than Depth Charges and Torpedoes (PG, p290). They both gives three Step 25 Damage. But I was wondering what Damage a smaller explosive contraption would cause, like a hand grenade in size, or ball bomb. In the present situation I am wondering about the explosion caused by a Spider Automaton (PG, p316).
Any thoughts on the level of Damage from a device like that?

/Daniel

Andrew1879

Re: Explosions and bombs

Post by Andrew1879 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:31 am

Grenades will be in the forthcoming Players Companion. We couldn't shoehorn everything into the Players Guide, sorry. Some rough guidelines until that book is out:
  • Explosive damage goes against Physical Armor. Damage for explosives doesn’t stage up. Extra successes with Throwing Weapons can go to offset Called Shot penalties. The grenade does its base damage within one yard, and drops off 4 steps per yard.
  • Standard grenade does Step 20. This would also cover the spider automaton with a standard load of nitroglycerine. Note that if the spider automaton takes its Barrier Rating or more in a single hit, that's enough of an impact to set off the nitroglycerine in the abdomen. If you spot one of these, kicking it is a Very Bad Idea.
  • Shrapnel grenade does Step 16 but ignores personal armor. Barriers such as physical walls or Shield KAVs will block.
  • Incendiary grenades do Step 12. Anything taking damage continues to take fire damage for 3 rounds at the same Step, unless the fire is extinguished or spreads. See rules for Fire for the chance of spreading.

daniel_a

Re: Explosions and bombs

Post by daniel_a » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 am

This is great, and just what I needed to continue planning for the next session in my campaign. Thanks!