Welcome Everyone!

Discussion on topics that aren't specifically related to current FASA product lines or don't fit elsewhere.
Bogie
Welcome Everyone!

Post by Bogie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:53 am

Welcome everyone to the brand new FASA Games website!

Sorry that we had to redo the forums, not an ideal situation but I ran into some problems when I was trying to update the old forums. The forums themselves worked but their were backend problems that would have created some security and administration issues so I decided to create a new forum for us that would take us into the future :)

For all of you that had also registered with the old store, you will be glad to hear that your old store login will still work and everything from the old shop has been retained.

Hopefully with this update we'll be able to provide more timely updates, post news as it happens, and we'll actually reference products that are from this decade :D

Thank you for your patience,

Todd
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

BahtRastard

Re: Welcome Everyone!

Post by BahtRastard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:20 pm

YAY!

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:17 am

Huzzah!

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:34 am

Bogie wrote:Hopefully with this update we'll be able to provide more timely updates, post news as it happens, and we'll actually reference products that are from this decade :D
Just curious - was there something in the old forum/platform that actually prevented or hampered timely updates or news posts?

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 am

The Undying wrote:Just curious - was there something in the old forum/platform that actually prevented or hampered timely updates or news posts?
Kind of. The old site and forums were inherited from RedBrick and had a lot of custom back-end stuff that we didn't really have full admin access to. This limited ability to do updates, and the longer it went on the more difficult and reality-breaking things ended up.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:47 am

Makes sense, was just curious. I've seen some real horror stories of web platforms.

"I made it so you can give product updates to all your customers! Just write out a text file in this undocumented format I made up, run this script to integrate it into the data store, run this script to re-render your entire webpage (because news is static content .. for reasons), and then run this script to relaunch to production (remember, your page will be down for like ten minutes while it completely rebuilds)."

"Sooooo, updates once a quarter, then? Sounds great..."

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 am

What Josh said. RedBrick had used a proprietary package that integrated with Dreamweaver. We would have had to purchase that package and try to get everything hooked back up. Zen Cart software was a few versions behind, and we had issues with the web host a while back. So all things considered we decided to rebuild something new and more maintainable.
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Ethan Connor

Post by Ethan Connor » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:10 am

yah I'm new here tooo and thank you for the information, please.

lokito

Post by lokito » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi everyone i am lokito new member to forum i hope help me.gbwhatsapp

kavita

Post by kavita » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:59 am

Heyy, Hallo.coc mod Apk