Game Play Geography

Discussion on the 1879 roleplaying game.
Cosmic55
Game Play Geography

Post by Cosmic55 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:49 am

So where are the adventures putting your characters? You mostly in London, through the Rabbit Hole, or 50/50?

Andrew1879

Re: Game Play Geography

Post by Andrew1879 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:01 pm

For the official scenarios run at GenCon, the first, Race to the Top, took place in the Gruv, at Mount Somerville; the second, Punch'd, in London; the third, Worst of Both Worlds, in the Gruv, and was a Saurids adventure; and this year's, Danger UAD, will take place in the Gruv, and will be a Samsut adventure. The Plot Point Campaign books we're working on (like an Adventure Path) consist of three adventures, the first in London, and the second and third in the Gruv. The first regional sourcebook will be London, and the second Fort Alice. Both are in draft right now.

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm waiting for the books, but I'm interested in London. I think it would be cool for the players to hear about the Gruv, hear about the Gruv, until they are eaten up with curiosity. That way, exactly how weird it is won't be lost on them.

Andrew1879

Post by Andrew1879 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 pm

The London book is out. The Fort Alice book is in draft. Right now the big push is to finish the Companions (Players and GM's). Further Gruv books will include a Saurids book and a Samsut book, both of which will include Professions specific to the cultures and additional material for playing in their territories. We're also doing the next two installments of the Akkadian Connection trilogy in the Gruv.