EDC Tail Weapon Talent Knack

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
gortatrien
EDC Tail Weapon Talent Knack

Post by gortatrien » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Can someone help me with the Tail Weapon (p. 100) talent knack? It seems strange because when using the Tail Attack combat option the adept gets two extra attacks with the tail, one using Unarmed and one using Melee Weapons. Why would the talent used to attack with the tail change?

etherial

Re: EDC Tail Weapon Talent Knack

Post by etherial » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I think the intent is simply "You can use Melee Weapons instead of Unarmed Combat when making Tail Attack Tests". So you can use your Standard to Tail Attack by rolling Melee Weapons or use the Tail Combat Option and roll Melee Weapons-2 for your Standard and Melee Weapons-2 for your Tail Attack.

Edit: Weirdly, it looks like it doesn't let you roll Melee Weapons when using your Standard to Tail Attack. I guess if you get Disarmed, you'll still need Unarmed Combat or find something else to use up your Standard Action.

RazanMG

Re: EDC Tail Weapon Talent Knack

Post by RazanMG » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 am

Tail Weapon knack is not letting to make additional attack. It simply lets you use Melee Weapons instead Unarmed, when making attavk test with tail. Attack with tail is an additional attack so first you need to use Standard Action to attack - with Melee or Unarmed and then you can use tail for additional attavk.