Earthdawn Companion?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Valentius
Earthdawn Companion?

Post by Valentius » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:47 am

Is there any word on when the Companion might possibly be released? I've been using my (admittedly weak) google-fu to find some hint or inkling on when it might make it's entrance but I have found nothing. Help? Please? Pretty-Please?

Mataxes

Re: Earthdawn Companion?

Post by Mataxes » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

We're waiting on the last chapter to come back from copy edits, and then it's over to layout.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Summer? Next year? 6th Age? :D

And what about the Elven Nations and Questors book?

Thank you

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Any talk of release dates are not final, but are the current target. Things might change as they move through production.

We're expecting the final chapters for the Companion back from copyedits start of next week. Depending on how fast the layout and art stage of things goes, the Companion could see PDF release in April/May of this year.

Questors has... (quick mental count)... four of the in-character chapters done, and two that just need minor tweaks or copy-edits (but are effectively done). The other six are in secondary/tertiary revisions. The framework for the power structures is hammered out, and the individual powers are being worked on. I still need to write the introductory in-character chapter and the GM advice for including Passions and Questors in your game.

Elven Nations is in revisions. (Much like Travar, once I sat down and went through the manuscript, there was a lot that just didn't fit. This resulted in the need for major rewrites.)

The goal is to have all three out this year. Companion looks pretty good for print release by Origins. If we can get at least one (if not both) of the others out by GenCon I'll be ecstatic.

I really can't give enough credit to Andi Watson, who has whipped me into shape and kept me on track, and the other folks who have stepped up to help get things done.

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 am

That's awesome! I'm excited about all of these.

Tattered Rags

Post by Tattered Rags » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:27 am

Questors is THE book I'm most excited about. Take your time to get it right!
Adventure I'm running:
Under the Stars

Adventure GM post-mortem:
Under the Stars Postmortem

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 am

Thank you for the update and prompt answer.

Although I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere; will the companion cover the 'extended' disciplines like the Wind-master/dancer/scout, Purifier etc or will we have to wait for racial books (i.e. Denizens of ED) for canon 4th edition rules about those?

Thanks again.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm

The Companion will only cover the "core" fifteen Disciplines from the Player's Guide.

In the development queue is a "Disciplines" book that will focus on ED4 versions of the racial and secondary Disciplines, building off some of the ideas we're premiering in Questors. That's planned for release the first half of 2019.

Before that we have the "Mystic Emporium" book, which will have a bunch of the stuff created for the core rules trilogy but cut for space, and there's a book on Iopos currently in research/outline phase.

Trejes

Post by Trejes » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Mataxes wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm
In the development queue is a "Disciplines" book that will focus on ED4 versions of the racial and secondary Disciplines, building off some of the ideas we're premiering in Questors. That's planned for release the first half of 2019.

Before that we have the "Mystic Emporium" book, which will have a bunch of the stuff created for the core rules trilogy but cut for space, and there's a book on Iopos currently in research/outline phase.
Will there be a poll which book should be first? ;) My personal (maybe not THAT important) opinion on the order of publication is:
- Companion (because it seems to be almost finished)
- Elven Nations
- Iopos (bring it on! new cool background stuff :D )
- Disciplines
- Mystic Emporium

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Trejes wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Will there be a poll which book should be first? ;) My personal (maybe not THAT important) opinion on the order of publication is:
- Companion (because it seems to be almost finished)
- Elven Nations
- Iopos (bring it on! new cool background stuff :D )
- Disciplines
- Mystic Emporium

Let's not forget the Questors book :-)

Although I agree that the disciplines book should not be a priority with all the established 'cannon' content so far, it would be very good to have at the very least an official listing of the talents, talents options and circle bonuses for the 'racial' disciplines. I don't think this would require much work and would add a whole new layer of content to 4th Edition.

Also: Iopos book? OMG OMG OMG OMG!