Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Post Reply
Bonhumm
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 pm
Location: Right behind you

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Bonhumm » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:13 am

gortatrien wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 pm
In the Companion, is Intimidating Bellow (p. 83) a novice skill?
'Knacks as skill' are based on existing skills.

Intimidating Bellow is a knack of Battle Bellow which, in the Player's Guide, is a Jouneyman skill.

gortatrien
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by gortatrien » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:21 am

That makes sense, but the knacks that can be used as skills seem to have the tier of the skill in parentheses. This one didn't. That seems to be errata.

Lursi
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Münster

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Lursi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi, just one quick thing regarding page numbering:
I find it helpful if typing in "30" brings me to content page 30.
Not to difficult to realise and it speeds up. paper digital parallel use.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

User avatar
Mataxes
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:39 pm
Location: The Great Library
Contact:

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Mataxes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:39 am

Lursi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi, just one quick thing regarding page numbering:
I find it helpful if typing in "30" brings me to content page 30.
Not to difficult to realise and it speeds up. paper digital parallel use.
If you're talking about the option to jump to a particular page in the PDF, unfortunately not every PDF reader handles it the same way.

For example, the PDF of the Gamemaster's Guide has the cover and color plates labeled with the Roman Numerals I through X. If you use Acrobat Reader and enter a page number to go to, the number you enter matches the page number. But some PDF readers don't recognize the different numbering system, and will count from the cover as Page "1" which leads to a mismatch between the page number you enter and the page it jumps to.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Line Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

User avatar
etherial
Posts: 716
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 pm
Location: Berlin, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by etherial » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 am

Mataxes wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:39 am
Lursi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi, just one quick thing regarding page numbering:
I find it helpful if typing in "30" brings me to content page 30.
Not to difficult to realise and it speeds up. paper digital parallel use.
If you're talking about the option to jump to a particular page in the PDF, unfortunately not every PDF reader handles it the same way.

For example, the PDF of the Gamemaster's Guide has the cover and color plates labeled with the Roman Numerals I through X. If you use Acrobat Reader and enter a page number to go to, the number you enter matches the page number. But some PDF readers don't recognize the different numbering system, and will count from the cover as Page "1" which leads to a mismatch between the page number you enter and the page it jumps to.
Last I checked, the version of the Players' Guide in the store has the pages numbered incorrectly for Acrobat.

gortatrien
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by gortatrien » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am

There are several knacks with no 'Skill Use' section. Should all of these be 'Skill Use: No'? Some of them are obviously no, but others I could see as a skill.

Tail Weapon (p. 100)
Flare (p. 101)
Point-Blank Shot (p. 101)
Precise Shot (p. 102)
Claw Riposte (p. 103)
Returning (p. 114)

Also Arcane Edge (p. 105) has a sentence repeated: 'Using this knack is a Simple action if the adept used Wizardry to attempt weaving threads this round.'

Lursi
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Münster

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Lursi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:42 am

etherial wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 am
Mataxes wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:39 am
Lursi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi, just one quick thing regarding page numbering:
I find it helpful if typing in "30" brings me to content page 30.
Not to difficult to realise and it speeds up. paper digital parallel use.
If you're talking about the option to jump to a particular page in the PDF, unfortunately not every PDF reader handles it the same way.

For example, the PDF of the Gamemaster's Guide has the cover and color plates labeled with the Roman Numerals I through X. If you use Acrobat Reader and enter a page number to go to, the number you enter matches the page number. But some PDF readers don't recognize the different numbering system, and will count from the cover as Page "1" which leads to a mismatch between the page number you enter and the page it jumps to.
Last I checked, the version of the Players' Guide in the store has the pages numbered incorrectly for Acrobat.

I am absolutely willing to use the reader of your choice as long as it works. Thanks for taking care!
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

User avatar
etherial
Posts: 716
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 pm
Location: Berlin, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by etherial » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Lursi wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:42 am
I am absolutely willing to use the reader of your choice as long as it works. Thanks for taking care!
I use Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows and Android, and Document Viewer on Linux.

Serespar
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Companion: Spellcasting Knacks and Extra Successes

Post by Serespar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:28 am

Hi, apologies if this is covered elsewhere - couldn't seem to find it.

Read thru the new Companion, and wondered if there is an extra success mechanic for spell casting talent knacks. For example, Elementalists can learn Acid Splash (p105), Fortify Armor (p107), and so forth. The normal process for extra spellcasting successes is to look at the spell description - looked like any extra success text for the spellcasting knacks wasn't included in the Companion. Will likely wing it when it comes up in game, but wondered if there was any official guidance.

Tks

User avatar
RazanMG
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am

Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by RazanMG » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 am

There is no extra success advantage for those knacks, it was intended. Just a bit to do for mage when weaving threads.

Post Reply