New units planned ?

Discussion on the Demonworld game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or miniatures.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arhnayel

New units planned ?

Postby Arhnayel » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if some new units are planned for existing armies. I would love to have new demons and icewitches for Isthak !
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New units planned ?

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Arhnayel,

Nothing is currently in progress (other than any remaining troops that are yet to be recast). There are plans for new miniatures, but that will be something that happens over the next few years, and not specifically Isthak. :)

Kind regards, James

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

Will you accept fanwork for new units ? It France, some players created homerules, new units and characters for "home playing" and I was wondering if Ral Partha and Redbrick would be interested in these.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 am

Possibly, Arhnayel. I need to do some more DW planning work first, however, and that's on hold at the moment until after Gen Con (which is this week). A short rest afterwards to recover, then back into the fray again.

razghul

Postby razghul » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 am

Before talking about new units and fanwork, i would like to have the missing units, which were never produced by hobbyproducts. For example the dal daroth demons or rolb, the goblin hero.

And I'm still waiting for the southern humans and the lizardmen which are refered to in the other armybooks.
;)

popidus

Postby popidus » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 am

What's the point ? Mixing all the different armies into one ? Where's the fun in that ? Where's the tactical interest if all players play the same army ?

Adding those units will cause many major balance issues (e.g. units with no morale...), especially when the units come from restricted categories. Please keep in mind that each 8 armies of Demonworld is unique and should stay that way.

If someone wants to add units in an army, please add something we don't already have in another one and please add only units which add fun and tactical options to the army. And think of the balance issues...

popidus

Postby popidus » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 am

Stay cool, it's only MY suggestions.
:lol:

**More Fun**
I want to play with a maximum of unit and I like the concept of a Thainite army based only on the Wolf Clan that gets all the Units with wolves...
Same thing for other propositions.

**More Tactical options**
Well, with this kind of new additions you can play your army on another way...

**Balance issues**
Units without morale : see the Driver rules... If the Driver is killed Animals have a chance to rout or be impetuous...
Other units : there are in already restricted categories.
Of course, if you only want to play Demonworld as a tournament game I agree with you, it's not allways balanced, therefore it's in a forum to be discussed.

**Conclusion**
I also post here suggestions than can be adusted or taken as OPTIONAL RULES or simply take as HOUSE RULES.

Return to “Product Discussion”