Play testing & rule sets

Discussion on the Noble Armada game line, errata, and feedback not related to miniatures.
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Play testing & rule sets

Postby Angelman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 am

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:56 am

I have...
But can't make it to GenCon, unless my boss allows me two vacations a year! xD
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:37 am

Ah... I thought it was for alll information etc. Well, I'm not myself involved in NA, but I can say that it is being worked on as we speak :D
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:27 am

Would love to see some pictures of the ships, the board and the ideas behind the new NA! =-D
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:53 am

(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:01 am

Something like that. Once we get some of the bits and pieces finalized, especially where the miniatures are concerned I'll start posting up some pictures. The GOOD news is that if you already bought Noble Armada miniatures in the past you can still use them!
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Matsumoto

Postby Matsumoto » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

more like U-boats, eh?
i'll give it a shot!

(will have to shake 3 years of sail-in-space cobwebs out of my head, but still, just glad to see the game stand up again...)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm

I've gone through a few playtests and it is turning out nicely. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 pm

A little to add - I think we have captured a lot more tactical feel of moving ships and setting up areas of control and fields of fire. These ships still have powerful broadside weaponry though so I think we'll end up with something that is something much more fluid.

Boarding actions will still play a big role as well and being able to get your galliots in without being cut down by destroyers and cruisers will be tricky. Those galliots with their marines may be the best way to bring those cruisers down though. One thing that we want to keep is that these ships are tough. The smaller ones will still wither under heavy fire but they should still be able to perform significant roles in creating sensor lines and chains of communication.

My personal goal is to have as much information as we can about each ship on the readout and easy to access. I'm trying to reduce the amount of charts and tables that are needed to reference during game play so that focus is on the action and not on looking things up. NA:ACTA did a pretty good job of this but my personal opinion is it reduced the ships down a little too much. I've gone back to the original NA sheets and we're working on upgrading those.

The downside of the sheets is that it will make truly epic scale engagements more difficult to manage. I think that skirmish level (5 or so ships) and probably up to about 8-10 ships per side will be the sweet spot for a quick game. I'm envisioning though a system with multiple players per side each controlling a fleet and working in unison, allowing some really epic battles. I'll be trying it out at GenCon. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”