[Moved] Noble Armada

Discussion on the Noble Armada game line, errata, and feedback not related to miniatures.
Antra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Moved] Noble Armada

Postby Antra » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:29 pm

I think we might be on a different wavelength.

What I was talking about was, say there is a NA campaign played out at a convention (say between Hawkwood and Hazat forces). And during this campaign, the Hazat forces boarded the Hawkwood flagship and captured the bridge (again depending on how the new NA rules come out). The Hazat player calls the judge over and declares that he is capturing the Admiral in charge. The judge makes a note of it which is sent to FASA as part of the game report and boom. There is now a hook for a player adventure for FS.

If depicted over the course of a year, say the Convention year, these battles fought by convention goers could be the backstory for a storyline of FS adventures ala the TSR adventure series of AD&D. Further, the NA scenarios could be published in a campaign book, complete with fleet lists, maps, and objectives for people to replay over and over again, ala Battletech The Battle of Coventry scenario pack.

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 am

Alas, I don't know Battletech (and weirdly, very little (A)D&D), but yeah, I get what you're saying. If it is small adventure hooks type of things that the interactive games generates - involving previously unknown or minor characters and plotlines - then it could work well, as a way of building up an adventure hook resource of sort.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Battletech has a cool dinamic (at least the old FASA one).
You could recreate battles that happened along time ago like a story line scenario or just place all your mechs and play a FFA.

It's a nice idea to introduce story packs and do some of the new Alpha Strike book, where you can play with a bottle of soda as your mech and the toothpaste as the other, since they use reference cards. IMHO, it makes the game quicker and more "marketable".
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:19 am

I like starships and model starships...ever since I was a kid. Historically my starship rules of choice has been "Full Thrust" from Ground Zero Games (and I use a bunch of their ship models as proxies for Fading Suns...). You'll even see my name in the contributors section of the "More Thrust" rules supplement... :) The game is simple and allows fleet actions of anything from a half dozen ships to grand fleets of many times that. It was used as the rules set for fleet combat in the original Babylon 5 rpg (The Babylon Project) and there are a bunch of unofficial rules mods for most major sci-fi franchises.

A Noble Armada like that which ALSO allowed easy integration with the FS rpg would have my money and time.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 pm

We really want to do that integration and a lot of that has been my plan since we started the development of Fading Suns revised. The short dev cycle that I had on FSR didn't allow us to pull in as many Noble Armada elements as I wanted to but I think that we have some great ideas and good people on the team to give us a good mix of things going from starship action, skirmish action, to RPG action.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”