Czlaplon Quest

GM: TarlimanJoppos. "This subforum is for an online spinoff from my Bearers of the Helm campaign."
User avatar
Kasbak
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby Kasbak » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:37 am

I wouldn't really have use for a shield, except maybe to put a roof on a shelter. Hopefully it'll turn out to be worth something, but until then we have a job to do.

Once we've got directions, I see no further reason to delay. I'll relay our heading to Isaac, Shaliko, and Gudrun as we make progress toward the road after meeting up. With mounts here I won't have to ride on anyone's shoulder, though I probably will if we're speaking. I don't see a reason to be extremely concerned while close to town, but once we're about half a candlemark out, I'll start scouting ahead a bit every so often.

TarlimanJoppos
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:47 pm

The lot of you get back together at the pier, get your mounts saddled, and head out through the town. It's a reasonable little place, buildings in good enough repair, people looking properly fed. You get a few open stares, and one or two people who look like they're about to ask a question and then think better of it. Most of the townsfolk seem anxious to be about their own business and not involved in whatever it is that you're doing. You ride out of town on the west road, past a few vegetable fields and then woods. Down the road a half a candlemark, there's a farm on the south side, stone farmhouse with a thatched roof, ridgepole wooden barn, a few paddocks close to the barn and house, big fenced pasture beyond. There's cows out in the pasture, a few pigs in one of the paddocks, and a young human man hauling a wheelbarrow of hay and stuff out of the barn who stops to watch you ride past.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby arcomniflash » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:34 pm

I'll keep my eye out for the big metal bird that was mentioned by the woman who hired us. The afflicted farm shouldn't be too much further after that, though I wonder if we'll be able to see it from there.

User avatar
Kasbak
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby Kasbak » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

After I've had a chance to do a bit of scouting and feel reasonably sure that no one is around, I'll toss out my concerns for the group. "Did anyone else feel a bit odd about those two back there? I couldn't help but feel that they weren't very emotive given the potential situation. I would think that someone afraid of dealing with horror problems would either be terrified at the prospect or thrilled to see us there to handle it. I suppose they could simply have been trying to stay in check to avoid causing a panic, but for being behind closed doors it still felt... off."

I know I could still just be paranoid, but better to voice it with the group before we get there. They'll either agree and we'll all be on guard, or they'll have another perspective that will help me see a wider picture.

TarlimanJoppos
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Gudrun snorts. “They are politicians. They are very good at hiding their thoughts on the surface, but their auras showed fear.”

Mekhitar waves a hand idly. “Oh yes, they're good enough for the stage, as long as they don't try touring Throal. But did you see Garvin's knuckles turn white when I asked about payment, or notice Alethia's breathing quicken just a little? They were terribly worried that they might not be able to afford us. I'd say that they're doing their best to put a brave face on it, like politicians do, but there's signs if you look for them.”

Garsevan grins. “Yeah, I'd be able to take them at Blind Raider. Their tells are all over the place.”

You ride on past the the farm, and another to the north and a third to the south, and up the road another half a candlemark, and find that there is in fact a very large boulder, the size of a thundra beast, with not one red X painted on it but three, so that no matter which direction you approach the stone, you see the mark. Just past it is a dirt track, barely worthy of being called a path, that leaves the wagon trail you've been following and heads north, more or less.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby arcomniflash » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

"They checked out astrally, that's good enough for me. They probably don't deal with adepts much." That's the last I'll say on the matter, the two politicians did come off as being a little suspicious, but chances are it was just a combination of prudence and discomfort when dealing with us. Nonetheless, we'll soon find out the truth of the matter, once we reach the farm at least.

I'll raise an eyebrow at the large stone, an obvious marker to ward people away. A good plan, but if the events at the farm really are the work of a horror then its influence will spread beyond there eventually. "Looks like we go down this path. I'll take point, and Alston...you probably have better eyes than me, so I'm counting on you to keep a look out for anything...strange."

User avatar
Kasbak
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby Kasbak » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Well, this is why we have more socially aware people here than me. I've got an eye for spotting targets in the brush and predicting movements, not picking up on small social clues. More eyes on the target always help give the fuller picture. As long as the others were picking up on it, that's good enough for me. Not like I wouldn't be in favor of investigating anyway.

Rounding the turn, I'm already figuring on upping my scanning. "Will do. I'll keep scouting just ahead and check in by light sprite about every quarter candlemark. I'll hold at the farm with the big metal bird so that we can approach together." Assuming there are no objections, I'll fly ahead for our advance scouting.

TarlimanJoppos
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Alston: Make three PER tests and three Astral Sight tests.

Isaac: Are you taking any special precautions, doing anything other than riding?
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby arcomniflash » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 pm

I'll be keeping my eyes open, and using astral sight to check the area around us. In particular I'll be looking for any movement, or that strange fungus that was mentioned by the town officials. To this end, I'll make a similar set of tests to Alston.

Perception test 1: (1d12) 5
Perception test 2: (1d12) 10
Perception test 3: (1d12+karma) 12+6+7=25

Astral Sight 1:(1d10+1d6) 6+5=11
Astral Sight 2:(1d10+1d6) 7+6+6+2=21
Astral Sight 3:(1d10+1d6) 2+4=6

User avatar
Kasbak
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 am

rolls are 2d6 for both

Per 1: 2+3=5
Per 2: 4+4=8
Per 3: 6(r)+4+4=14

Astral 1: 6(r)+2=8
Astral 2: 5+6(r)+4=15
Astral 3: 6(r)+3+6(r)+1=16


Return to “Czlaplon Quest”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest