Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Angelman

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Angelman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 am

I detected no rudeness :)

We're very interested in hearing how you find the FSR game mechanics. Please do continue to ask questions and give us feedback! I know that many of the FSR developers are very busy with real life at the moment, in addition to us writing the GM book, so it might take a while before the right (i.e. the rules gurus) can manage to reply here :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
FASA Games Inc. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
DramaScape (numerous projects)

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

By the way, when can we expect the printed copies of the book to be shipped out?

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Gannok wrote:By the way, when can we expect the printed copies of the book to be shipped out?

Orders have been sent to Studio 2 for fulfillment (last week) and we are just waiting on tracking numbers to be sent back to us so that we can email confirmations out to people. It's a bit of a process, atm, sorry.

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 pm

I understand, I think we all do. I just wanted to get an update on when I can expect to get a copy in my grubby little hands. That and I kinda want a real book to pass around instead of just using my tablet.

MBdS

Postby MBdS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

something else that probably the editor missed.
Grease Monkey blessing still reference to multiple specialization for Tech Redemption. The blessing should cost 2 now, rather than 4, since it applies everytime to a single skill... and effectively allows characters to start with 10 on it rather than 8 (if you max Tech Redemption). having it cost 4 makes no sense with the new skill.

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 am

Hi there,

Any news regarding an errata document of sorts and/or and update of the pdf version? :)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Bearman wrote:Hi there,

Any news regarding an errata document of sorts and/or and update of the pdf version? :)

Other than it is "in the works" I can't really give a firm date just yet but when I get something concrete it will definitely get posted.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm

MBdS wrote:Fading Suns player's guide errata

From 2nd editiom Speak skill has become the player's guide Language benefit? But what about Read skill? Missing from the benefits section or incorporated into Language, so every player character can speak and read, now (the box at page 115 let suppose so)? In this second case how to handle illiteracy? -2 Affliction?

Body Shield: nice new rules for adding features, but seems prices are at odds with the tech levels  in previous chapter. Also the plastic body shield is listed as costing 2 firebirds, but it seems to be missing a 0 following the 2, and standing at 2nd edition should cost 20 firebirds (like plastic buckler which cost 5 firebirds more than TL1 buckler). 
But apparently the costs, standing to tech level table should be: body shield tl0 15 firebirds, body shield tl1 30 fb, body shield tl2 45 fb and a plastic body shield tl4 75 firebirds. 
In the description states that the tl4 shield got the hard property, but the table state it has the shock property. And hard comes from the feature bullet-proof. Which is right?
Also the multipliers for the different features stack or each is multiplied tomthe base shield prive and then added together?

Armor and stacking: all the armor dice do stack together? So body shield tl3 (3d) + cybernetic armor (5d) + synthsilk (4d) + impenetrable smart clothing (3d) do they all stack together giving 15d armor (more than a brother battle adept robe)?

2nd edition Remedy skill has become First Aid feature of Physick. The text at page 146 let suppose it is a specialized different skill, but i assume it is a copy and paste from 2nd edition, right?

Cash benefit page 146 description states a starting character has 100 fb, but table states he got 250 fb. Which is right?

The description if Fusion Cells on page 311 states that the weapons working with fusion cell gave the property "Fusion", but no such weapons exist in the tables. It easy to assume which they are, but a list would be appreciated.

Also, one question about mounted combat. Maybe im missing something but seems there's no really any advantage fighting mounted. Characters suffer a -4 goal penalty and they're combat skill is limited by their Ride skill.

Thank you. Just an FYI we are looking at all of this stuff (and ones from earlier posts) so your everyone's hard work in pointing these out is much appreciated.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Gannok wrote:That sounds about right to me. I'm not sure I like it though. It seems like a really cheap way to remove shields from the game and with how expensive they are (shields), their limited field of coverage (5/10), they don't stack with any real armor unless you buy the really expensive shields, and there are lots of ways already to break them, I think that having such a cheap and easy way is not so good.

I think what I like better is that it would drain charges. Either a fixed amount or based on finesse, something like that. That's my personal opinion though.

I'm going to be playtesting this very soon.

The three scenario's that I am specifically testing are
1) Breaker drops the shield for a duration (from 1 to x rounds)
2) Shield goes down until recharged or reset.
3) Each hit from a breaker will drop the shield x amount of charges (going to try a few different numbers).
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm

zcthu3 wrote:Hi James, a question and/or some more errata (sorry if these have already been spotted).

The Ur-Obun Tour of Duty Extra stages states that Ur-Obun "gain no skills from the Savant Psi or Adept Thurge option", however those tours don't give skills anyway. Is this meant to be Natal Psi and Neophyte Theurge?

These could be remnants of the character creation system. I ended up rewriting it a number of times as some of the things I did met a lot of resistance from the older edition players. So once all the rewrites were done, point balancing done, etc. I probably missed a few subtleties. Will be correcting that. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”