What would be a cool Fading Suns epic?

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.

What kinds of Fading Suns epic would you like to see

Action-Adventure (“Indiana Jones”)
17%
Horror (things that go bump)
11%
Drama (family stuff)
6%
Crime/Mystery (investigations)
11%
Action-Thriller (high-stakes and fast phased)
3%
Political-Thriller (court intrigue and ambassadors)
19%
Frontier (Space Western)
14%
Warfare (military and war)
8%
Spacy (hardships in space)
11%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 36

Bertjammin

Re: What would be a cool Fading Suns epic?

Postby Bertjammin » Thu May 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Angelman wrote:It could be a little difficult to pull off without the players suspecting something, but it would be a very cool game, I think :D

I have contemplated doing something similar with Call of Cthulhu - just running it as a historic horror or even period drama thing, until the Cthulhu Mythos suddenly starts interfering. Might be fun :)

A friend always narrates how his favourite ever Call of Cthulhu game was played as a "Gangbusters" 1920s underworld game. When they discovered the unspeakable Eldritch horror behind it all it took the players completely by surprise and worked perfectly.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu May 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Bertjammin wrote:
Angelman wrote:It could be a little difficult to pull off without the players suspecting something, but it would be a very cool game, I think :D

I have contemplated doing something similar with Call of Cthulhu - just running it as a historic horror or even period drama thing, until the Cthulhu Mythos suddenly starts interfering. Might be fun :)

A friend always narrates how his favourite ever Call of Cthulhu game was played as a "Gangbusters" 1920s underworld game. When they discovered the unspeakable Eldritch horror behind it all it took the players completely by surprise and worked perfectly.

Gotta choose your players carefully for that one. Some will be very upset by the "bait & switch".

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Fri May 22, 2015 8:29 am

etherial wrote:
Bertjammin wrote:

Gotta choose your players carefully for that one. Some will be very upset by the "bait & switch".

Oh, absolutely. I was thinking about whether it would work for my long term playing group and it *might* but there are a couple who could be disappointed or feel a little cheated by the "reveal". I think a lot of it is in the handling of it during play.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Product Discussion”