The Trials & Tribulations of Dame Arcadia Justinian

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Trials & Tribulations of Dame Arcadia Justinian

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am

After running the Warhammer 40k rpg a few years ago I learnt that I'm more than happy to give my players wealth and means - it doesn't solve problems, it just gives them different ones ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 am

You'll see some fiction interludes appearing on the blog at the moment these have mostly been written by the players about their characters.

I was particularly impressed by the one my 13yr old son came out with....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 am

All entertaining, as always. I've been thinking about altering the changed in ruinous folly into golems, but haven't decided yet. I liked the encounter in deepcore, so I may do something along those lines.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok, so the new twist is that (as I always had in the back of my mind) the player characters have now split into two teams/factions: those following Dame Arcadia (Hemlock, Hassimir & Lawrence (Beorn will be retired & replaced by a new SOE PC, Mort)) and those who oppose her (De Havilland, Tonbei and Althea).

It should work pretty well as the players of the three "opposition" characters can't make every game and drop in and out when they can, so their storylines become the "B" plot. That said it presents me with the challenge of writing two streams of (linked) material and ensuring that when one of the "drop in" players can make a game that there is stuff for them to do.

As it stands De Havilland & co are planning to follow Christopher Hawkwood to the court of Cassius, the planetary Duke to learn more about the accusations against Arcadia and Christopher's schemes. Any thoughts or suggestions as to encounters or intrigues that they could get drawn into? Especially ones that could relate back to Arcadia & co?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:38 am

Weekly game summary is up :)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Your B plot is a difficult task to tackle but I'm sure you will do great. I'd approach it by actuallly writing down the metaplot of whatever plot line you are going down, then ask yourself "what are the bad guys doing behind the scenes to achieve their goals" then use that as the starting point for the B plot.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:05 am

The "Hallowe'en" session write up is on the blog.

I purposely didn't tell the players that I was running a seasonally themed session to try to keep the suspense going a bit longer. They twigged pretty quick that *something* was up though ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am

Another great one. Looking forward to seeing what they do up in space...

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 am

They've got to get there first ;)

They have an atmosphere hulled ship that they need to repair and get back into orbit (or vice versa) while wanted by the planetary authorities and surrounded by undead Husks.

Meanwhile the "second team" are up to something at the Planetary Duke's Court in the capital of Suryada (which we're currently playing out via email...more on that on the blog soon) .
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 am

No game this week as my wife's unwell. But watch the blog for an update on De Havilland's exploits...
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Return to “For Game Masters”