Overall A+/ My fixes

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fasthd97
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Overall A+/ My fixes

Postby fasthd97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Just so you guys dont get the impression im trolling overall I really liked this product.You definitely gave it the barsaive feel.The races also look like they are statted up just right.You kept most of the signature talents and atmosphere just right.The spells at first glance seem to fit in pathfinder while still retaining their earthdawn feel. My dislikes are mostly relatively minor and could be probably be corrected with a one page or less erratta.First no examples of how discipline skills work.E.x. Joe the elf has one rank in spirit hold so to hold a spirit he rolls a d20 adds three for it being a class skill and one for his 13 wis (+1) adding a additional d6 to the roll for his elven karma die.Joe rolls a 15 on the d20 adds 5 and rolls a three on the d6.The ghoul joe has held must roll a 23 on its will save to move.Somewhere even maybe on a small pdf there should be a explanation on how to integrate each class into the gameworld(perhaps thats in the gamemasters guide?) Overall It works,however for my games im adding changing a few things to hopefully make it run smoother. Add 2 skill points to each class per level.Willforce (which i mention elsewhere as well) to me this would work better if it worked against spell resistance instead of upping the spell dc.So instead of adding +4 to the dc at eighth level wizards who selected this would get caster level +1/2 +d20 vs spell resistance. Not as cool but I fear without this all spellcasters would be wizards just because as written its too good to pass up.On the classes I would change swordsmaster prereq to require martial weapons(all) not sa as mechanically they are way closer to fighter than rogue.Weaponsmith prereq to martial weapons.Death Stand bothers me because its a expensive one way ticket it should be like a capstone warrior ability not a feat burn to use one time.Havent thought of a good fix yet though.

Anunnaki

Re: Overall A+/ My fixes

Postby Anunnaki » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks fasthd97!

As I've said elsewhere (and I will say it again, no doubt :) ), we appreciate constructive feedback.

Kind regards, James

fasthd97

Re: Overall A+/ My fixes

Postby fasthd97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Forgot one thing archers need access to a trait that adds perception as a class skill.Rangers may have this but fighters do not unless they follow abadar (unlikely in earthdawn setting) :)

Return to “Product Discussion”