[ED4] One Year Later

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ED4] One Year Later

Postby etherial » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: [ED4] One Year Later

Postby Mataxes » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Glad to hear you're finding things working well, for the most part.

What are the spells you were bringing back for the Illusionist?

If I understand your thoughts at the end, you're looking at group threads adding to Durability rating? As in a Wizard with a Rank 3 group thread tied to his Durability has Durability 6?

I think I like that.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:37 am

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:56 am

Like, a complex, self-calculating character-sheet sort of thing?
Josh Harrison --

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Yeah. It's nowhere near the level of HeroForge, and it lacks a save/load function, so when I release a new version of the sheet, it's a PITA to copy over. But it does a lot of math for a player.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Interesting. I'd certainly like to take a look.

I have a rather complex Excel character sheet that worked for earlier editions (before the advance Discipline mechanic was introduced). It tracked Legend point spending, derived all the relevant characteristics, allowed for a second Discipline, and had several pages formatted to print a character sheet with all the relevant details associated with the character's talents (and spells for casters).

I don't remember where I picked it up, but I used it in a "Classic" campaign to track the PCs. Each character got their own sheet.

In the past I've talked about how I've used Excel as a loose campaign tracking sheet. It has one page devoted to the PCs, and then subsequent pages are time-tracking. Each row is a day from the Throalic calendar, and each PC gets a column. During downtime I mark what each character does (based loosely on the old Earthdawn Downtime System brewed up by James Sutton back in the ED1 days).

That sheet doesn't add stuff up or track anything more than "On X day, the Swordmaster raised Melee Weapons from 4 to 5." But it did help keep some things organized.
Josh Harrison --

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:06 pm

We also have a shared Google Doc that keeps track of things like people's dietary restrictions, past and planned attendance, in-game dates, Legend Totals, and house rules. There's even currently a sheet that the players are using to try and come up with a good GTP Name.

Return to “Product Discussion”