Your best GM notes the Players will never see.

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper

Your best GM notes the Players will never see.

Postby Slimcreeper » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Notable places in Kratas

- The Lamp Oil Tavern. Mentioned in Shattered Pattern, the Lamp Oil is a respectable place.
- Your Mom's Boudoir. A less respectable tavern that gets a lot of traffic.

etherial

Re: Your best GM notes the Players will never see.

Postby etherial » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Slimcreeper wrote:Notable places in Kratas

- The Lamp Oil Tavern. Mentioned in Shattered Pattern, the Lamp Oil is a respectable place.
- Your Mom's Boudoir. A less respectable tavern that gets a lot of traffic.

A couple years back, Valentine's Day fell on Thursday, AKA Game Night. I asked my wife what she wanted to do for Valentine's Day and she said "Roll Dice and Kill Monsters". So we had game on Valentine's Day anyway. One of the PCs was Horror Marked at the time, so he and I were passing a lot of paranoia notes to each other all night long. Then one of the other PCs needed to chat with the GM privately, so he started sending me paranoia notes. Then my wife wants to send me one. It had a picture of an arrow through a heart and said "Marthreena [her character] shot this heart just for you."

Slimcreeper

Re: Your best GM notes the Players will never see.

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:13 am

Draconic. DN 12. Draconic is actually a gestural language, as dragons are naturally telepathic. As such, other Name-givers cannot learn to express themselves, but they can learn to read the moods of dragons. Trying to learn this language has a higher fatality rate than with other languages.

Return to “For Game Masters”