Alchemy & Making Potions

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbush3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alchemy & Making Potions

Postby wbush3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:42 pm

So the Player's Guide says the following regarding the making of magical potions under the Alchemy Skill (pg.192);
"Creating an alchemical recipe takes a day's work. the character makes an Alchemy test against the appropriate Difficulty Number."

So where can the appropriate DNs be found? I have looked in the Player's Guide under Alchemy, in the Goods and Services section, and I have looked in the Gamemaster's Guide. Is this an errata, or am I missing it? :shock:
"Heroes are inherently stupid, thus legends are born." Doctor Doom

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Alchemy & Making Potions

Postby Mataxes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:59 pm

It's a result of layout/content changes in the books as development progressed. That information will be in the Companion, as part of the Enchanting chapter.

If you have the ED3 books, you can use those numbers for now. In the meantime, I'll see if (in the midst of everything else I'm juggling), I can get something put up.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

wbush3

Re: Alchemy & Making Potions

Postby wbush3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:19 am

Awesome! Good to know. Even more of a reason for me to be looking forward to the Companion.
"Heroes are inherently stupid, thus legends are born." Doctor Doom

Return to “For Game Masters”