Scout Weapons? 3E take on thing.

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
EDChronicler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Scout Weapons? 3E take on thing.

Postby EDChronicler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 am

This is where playing to your players really makes a difference in GM'ing and Min/Maxing.

Just because an Archer appears to be better, doesn't mean that he always will be better.

A good story with proper thread item / named spell / blood charm / versatility / etc bonuses, makes a difference to just number crunching.

I would avoid giving Archers much in the way of Attack / Damage bonuses and focus more on accentuating other abilities. Where as with the bow I have above, I attempted to show how a thread item can be used to create a more DPS styled Scout.

I would encourage you to look beyond the basics and numbers and look at the stories and such you can create with those characters instead.

galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Scout Weapons? 3E take on thing.

Postby galafrone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

yeah you are perfectly right. the good thing of this game is the chance to tell a story (and very good ones) inserting items that have a story, are a story themselves and in the same time NOT destroying the game with high octane items serving only the already high octane disciplines.
but i was just talking about the "basic" of numbers in the game.
and in that view (that is, taking out the hand of the gm that can alter anything), an archer will be always better than a scout.

Return to “For Players”