ED3R

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thane
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED3R

Postby Thane » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 am

I've read the news letter but I'm still unsure as to when we can expect the ED3R books.

Is it this year or 2013?

Anunnaki

Re: ED3R

Postby Anunnaki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 am

Hiya,

From the Newsletter:

2012/Q3: Player’s and GM’s Guides

Kind regards, James

Thane

Postby Thane » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 am

Thane

Postby Thane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 am

Any idea what the revised will contain, any sweeping changes, any new rules?

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:48 am

i think it will be more a revision, that is a cleaning polishing with some tweak here and there.
i am not expecting sweeping changes (if i had to be on it)

Thane

Postby Thane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 am

I need more specifics, reason being, I want to get back in to Earthdawn, but I don't know if I should buy the current 3ed hard copies because I don't know what the revised books will offer.

I know they aren't due out until July at the earliest, but I'd still like to know what to expect.

Mistwalker

Postby Mistwalker » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am

They said the changes will be contained in a errata pdf. Take advantage of the Mongoose Sale and get the larger nice hardbound books. Then keep the errata as pdf on the side is my plan.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 am

i will do as mistwalker (at least initially).
i have the first print of the 3rd edition but have just bought 1 player and 1 gm book from moongoose just because i want the last print.
then i will see what will happen, but a pdf of the errata will be good unless the changes will be so intense that i will opt for a new copy of anything.
i already know i will buy them anyway, but i am trying to pass my WIL test at the moment.
the problem will be the result of the effect test they will produce with the new prints, i fear will be a EF40, and my WIL is just 10, that is a mere 5.
impossible unless i roll a very epic string of consecutive eights.

anyway, after a cursory reading of sw and pf version, i am even more fond of the "original" rules.
so ED3rd forever :)

(as an addition, i will purchase all the adventures they will produce, not matter wich rule system they will support, the conversion from both PF and SW to 3rdrb will be really easy now having the 2 player books)

Mistwalker

Postby Mistwalker » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 am

Mind you, if I can afford it I'll get a RE copy of the books just because I like to have a 2nd copy of the rule son hand.

Return to “For Players”