Warrior talent knacks

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Warrior talent knacks

Postby Dougansf » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Enas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Enas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 am

Flagg

Postby Flagg » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm

OP, please submit these to the collection of Knacks at the Earthdawn Compendium. The more, the better :)

http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/
Looking for more Earthdawn stuff? Visit the !

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 am

In the interest of not "getting into a fight on the internet" I'm going to make this my last post on this topic. At the same time, Enas has mentioned that silence will be taken as consent, and I can't allow that.

While I still like the concept of many of these Knacks, they still need a lot of work to be anything resembling balanced. Enas, you sound like a reasonable person, but you need to do a lot more research into what is already published, and reread the Creating your own Knack insert. For example, take a look at the Knack "Armor Beater," then look again at your Fire Stance.

We obviously have different ideas about this game, and our vast difference in opinion on the subject matter encourages me to respond... poorly. So I am bowing out now.

I wish you the best of luck with your game.

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:39 am

my main problem with these knacks is basically the "balance through LP costs" that you have.
Imho ou should follows Dougans advice and skim over your knack step by step going through the creating new Knack chapter.
Not only would they fit better into the ED universe but you might even get better ideas than "i'll make them ridiculously high in LP cost to justify them being out of the game balance"

At least you made a step into the right direction after your last update.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:48 am

I like the idea of stances that you can flow into (& out of/into the next). The Samurai had a few similar Talents. I do think that a good understanding of the Knack guidelines would solve some of the mechanics issues.

If these are used to replace calling "Combat Options" then you could have them add additional effects to the base combat options effects. Fire Stance being built on Aggressive Attack, etc.

Return to “For Players”