Any friendly testers for a 4th Edition Character Generator?

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
lortas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Any friendly testers for a 4th Edition Character Generat

Postby lortas » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 pm

I do not want to take this thread over, so I post the announcement for my ECE in the ECE thread. :)

@Lorm_the_Unhappy, is your save file format stable? If you send me some example save files and a short description, I can check, if I can import/export your save files? If this is okay for you.

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Lorm_the_Unhappy

Postby Lorm_the_Unhappy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:41 am

@lortas - I'd be open to the possibility. Glad to here ECE is being updated to 4th edition.

@Telarus_KSC - Are you thinking of keeping the "building" data of the character or just the final format? (For example keeping track of which talents have had one of the 8 character generation points spent on them, or how many times each attribute has been increased with LP).

lortas

Postby lortas » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:31 am

If you are interesset on a multi tool based interchange format. I suggested to use my XML save file. It has a Schema definition (https://github.com/lortas/Earthdawn-Cha ... racter.xsd). It is almost feature complete and it works for ED3 and ED4 characters. :-)

If you still want to go for JSON, just take a look to the JSON export of the ECE.

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Oh, good... I thought I might have missed it. Lorm, I will be sending a PM in a moment to test your character generator.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:50 pm

I will look at your JSON export feature, thanks lortas. Passions, I need a free-time dispenser.

Return to “For Players”