Experience Death [4th Ed]

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lorm_the_Unhappy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Experience Death [4th Ed]

Postby Lorm_the_Unhappy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:12 pm

We were playing 4th Edition last night and the nethermancer cast Experience Death on the remains of a T'skrang riverboat captain. The nethermancer did not speak the language of the captain nor his attackers. The nethermancer's player made the argument that since the spell states that he sees everything from the point of view of the target that he could not only see everything, but understand the languages spoken by the target as well.

My interpretation as a GM is that point of view just means the raw sensory input (ie what the target's eyes saw, the target's ears heard, the target's nose smelled, etc.) and not any of the target's processing of that input.

Is this how others interpret this?

Telarus_KSC

Re: Experience Death [4th Ed]

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I would agree, this duplicates the effect of a Talent (Speak Languages) which the rules really tend to avoid. But I may also give the caster emotional information about the target. You couldn't understand what the argument was about, but you would get if the target was furious, scared, etc at the other person.

Return to “For Players”